Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it really just the other week 18:46 - Feb 28 with 2207 viewsdgt73

That some on here and other Swans forums were questioning Gary Monks position as manager.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Was it really just the other week on 18:53 - Feb 28 with 1297 viewsLeonisGod

I don't remember that. But quite a few posters were bemoaning the loss of our style. Little out there today suggested we're getting more watchable. But Garry has found a way to pick up more points in the hardest league in the UK. Given that points are the most important thing he deserves huge credit.

I still miss us dominating games on the ball and passing out way around anyone though. But things have moved on.
Was it really just the other week on 18:55 - Feb 28 with 1289 viewsVetchitBack

If people think our style is more important than results then fair enough.

Though I'm certain a handful of that lot would be mentioning "inexperience" "yes man" "Koeman" if we were losing whilst playing a possession and pressing game.

In fact he has shown "experience" in grinding out results (including beating Koeman on his own patch) and has had the single-minded courage to change our style to do this.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Was it really just the other week on 19:00 - Feb 28 with 1261 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Was it really just the other week on 18:55 - Feb 28 by VetchitBack

Though I'm certain a handful of that lot would be mentioning "inexperience" "yes man" "Koeman" if we were losing whilst playing a possession and pressing game.

In fact he has shown "experience" in grinding out results (including beating Koeman on his own patch) and has had the single-minded courage to change our style to do this.

I think they all emigrated to that "other" SCFC forum, where they can all wring there hands and moan about how bad things are and how good ML was.
40 points by February, 1.48 points per game, by far the best PL performance of any of our Managers and all with only half a season with a PL quality Striker.
Was it really just the other week on 19:09 - Feb 28 with 1219 viewsStarsky

Oh look. Another DGT point scoring post after we win.
Boring...

For the record, I'm one of Monk's biggest supporters on here from day one.

I'm chuffed that we won again today and give the 2 fingers to the pundits that said we'd crash and burn without Bony.

However, there are posters on here who miss the free-flowing football we built our reputation on this last decade. I really miss it to.
They have a point too.
I'd like to think that we'll make adjustments to the squad in the close season, so that we can get back on track.
If not, I too will be asking "why not"

It's just the internet, init.

Was it really just the other week on 19:14 - Feb 28 with 1205 viewsdgt73

Not point scoring, just shining a light on some of the ridiculous things that have been said.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Was it really just the other week on 19:22 - Feb 28 with 1182 viewsicecoldjack

Yes, though in fairness 99.9% wern't questioning him as manager just wondering what happened to our football and wondering why its regressing.

An absolutely fair and valid observation to make too as it has been woeful for large parts of the season.

The irony being that by playing our worst football since being in the prem league we stand to gain the most amount of points !! mad really.

Well done to Monk and the players though, they have all done a great job and reaching the magic 40 pts one game before Laudrup deserves massive credit.

I wonder if Monk will make changes in the next few games, im sure plenty would like to see some of the young players have a start now we are safe.
Was it really just the other week on 19:28 - Feb 28 with 1164 viewsDarran

Was it really just the other week on 19:09 - Feb 28 by Starsky

Boring...

I'm chuffed that we won again today and give the 2 fingers to the pundits that said we'd crash and burn without Bony.

However, there are posters on here who miss the free-flowing football we built our reputation on this last decade. I really miss it to.
They have a point too.
I'd like to think that we'll make adjustments to the squad in the close season, so that we can get back on track.

I agree with all that but some people on here have been disgusting with their attacks on Monk since the season started,f*cking pathetic they are.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Was it really just the other week on 19:29 - Feb 28 with 1162 viewsLeonisGod

Was it really just the other week on 18:55 - Feb 28 by VetchitBack

Style isn't more important, but I miss it. We had something pretty unique going on for a while that (eventually) the pundits and world woke up to. It was a joy to watch and made us many friends. I don't think that's in any way a bad thing. Now we're more like anyone else. But points = lots of ££££, so that has to be good to.
Login to get fewer ads

Was it really just the other week on 19:34 - Feb 28 with 1137 viewsPozuelosSideys

Was it really just the other week on 19:22 - Feb 28 by icecoldjack

Yes, though in fairness 99.9% wern't questioning him as manager just wondering what happened to our football and wondering why its regressing.

An absolutely fair and valid observation to make too as it has been woeful for large parts of the season.

The irony being that by playing our worst football since being in the prem league we stand to gain the most amount of points !! mad really.

Well done to Monk and the players though, they have all done a great job and reaching the magic 40 pts one game before Laudrup deserves massive credit.

I wonder if Monk will make changes in the next few games, im sure plenty would like to see some of the young players have a start now we are safe.

I can see why some would want to start blooding the younger players, but for me thats a mistake. If they were good enough, theyd have come through by now (not saying they arent up to it, just not ready).

We've had a couple of wins, and even though we arent exactly easy on the eye, they are wins nonetheless. If Monk really wants to stamp his mark, he needs to target wins from the Spurs and Scallies game and then really push for the top 6/7 and a monster points mark. Thatll pretty much shut everyone up.

Mixing up the squad and trying new things is not the way to go. It means performances will drop off and we wont pick up as many points as we can. None of us want to see the season tail off. Its still February and lots of points to play for.. we really need to go for it and make that next step imo.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Was it really just the other week on 19:36 - Feb 28 with 1126 viewsraynor94

Was it really just the other week on 19:28 - Feb 28 by Darran

I agree with all that but some people on here have been disgusting with their attacks on Monk since the season started,f*cking pathetic they are.

Exactly and the reversing sounds are deafening!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Was it really just the other week on 19:42 - Feb 28 with 1101 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Was it really just the other week on 19:34 - Feb 28 by PozuelosSideys

I can see why some would want to start blooding the younger players, but for me thats a mistake. If they were good enough, theyd have come through by now (not saying they arent up to it, just not ready).

We've had a couple of wins, and even though we arent exactly easy on the eye, they are wins nonetheless. If Monk really wants to stamp his mark, he needs to target wins from the Spurs and Scallies game and then really push for the top 6/7 and a monster points mark. Thatll pretty much shut everyone up.

Mixing up the squad and trying new things is not the way to go. It means performances will drop off and we wont pick up as many points as we can. None of us want to see the season tail off. Its still February and lots of points to play for.. we really need to go for it and make that next step imo.

How the hell can young players "come through by now" playing for the under 21s without also playing for the 1st team and in the PL?
You have Kenji Gorre scoring virtually every week, but has never been on the bench.
Was it really just the other week on 19:47 - Feb 28 with 1083 viewsVetchitBack

I preferred the pressing and passing game I must be honest but we mustn't wear those famous rose-tinted specs.

Roberto left us for Wigan after his famous comments. Would he ever have got us promoted we'll never know?

Under Brendan when our defenders had the ball you knew you'd have to wait about 20 minutes before we'd get the ball near their goal however neat and skilled the passing.

Laudrup was great at first but lost interest with the players show little stomach for a fight in the end.

In many ways we're more "edge of seat" than we've been for a while. Not always for the right reasons granted but it's nice to be the side that wins and doesn't appear to play well as we'd been experts in the reverse for too long.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 19:48]

Was it really just the other week on 19:52 - Feb 28 with 1063 viewsymaohyd

Was it really just the other week on 19:09 - Feb 28 by Starsky

Boring...

They have a point too.

Clueless, fair do's

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Was it really just the other week on 19:53 - Feb 28 with 1063 viewsStarsky

Was it really just the other week on 19:47 - Feb 28 by VetchitBack

I preferred the pressing and passing game I must be honest but we mustn't wear those famous rose-tinted specs.

Roberto left us for Wigan after his famous comments. Would he ever have got us promoted we'll never know?

Under Brendan when our defenders had the ball you knew you'd have to wait about 20 minutes before we'd get the ball near their goal however neat and skilled the passing.

Laudrup was great at first but lost interest with the players show little stomach for a fight in the end.

In many ways we're more "edge of seat" than we've been for a while. Not always for the right reasons granted but it's nice to be the side that wins and doesn't appear to play well as we'd been experts in the reverse for too long.

Spurs and Manu have winning like that for months.

Funnily enough... Southampton have been losing the same way for weeks.

If we had a decent goal scorer it wouldn't seem so obvious

Was it really just the other week on 19:54 - Feb 28 with 1060 viewsacejack3065

Was it really just the other week on 19:28 - Feb 28 by Darran

That's the thing, as petty and point scoring as these threads are they are still nothing on the attacks that G Monk has had to endure. When things have been going badly some fans have been questioning his moral entegrity as well as his tactical awareness with some fans going as far as calling him a coward, a yes man and a stooge.

This is the man who has played with us in 4 divisions, captaining us in 3. His right foot kept the score at 3-2 in the playoff final and he kept us in the Prem when asked to by the club.

Now he's proved himself to the most successful manager in the premier league era for Swansea City. In the face of staggering arrogance and maliciousness from a section of Swans fans I say that a thread like this does little to redress the balance of opinion but it does let the others know that we actually care about our football club and that we simply aren't passive customers.
Was it really just the other week on 19:54 - Feb 28 with 1056 viewsStarsky

Was it really just the other week on 19:52 - Feb 28 by ymaohyd

Clueless, fair do's

Read it again Einstein.
You were agreeing with me on DGTs other thread.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 19:58]

Was it really just the other week on 19:57 - Feb 28 with 1043 viewsymaohyd

Was it really just the other week on 19:54 - Feb 28 by acejack3065

That's the thing, as petty and point scoring as these threads are they are still nothing on the attacks that G Monk has had to endure. When things have been going badly some fans have been questioning his moral entegrity as well as his tactical awareness with some fans going as far as calling him a coward, a yes man and a stooge.

This is the man who has played with us in 4 divisions, captaining us in 3. His right foot kept the score at 3-2 in the playoff final and he kept us in the Prem when asked to by the club.

Now he's proved himself to the most successful manager in the premier league era for Swansea City. In the face of staggering arrogance and maliciousness from a section of Swans fans I say that a thread like this does little to redress the balance of opinion but it does let the others know that we actually care about our football club and that we simply aren't passive customers.

Brilliant post

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Was it really just the other week on 19:58 - Feb 28 with 1035 viewsicecoldjack

Was it really just the other week on 19:42 - Feb 28 by A_Fans_Dad

How the hell can young players "come through by now" playing for the under 21s without also playing for the 1st team and in the PL?
You have Kenji Gorre scoring virtually every week, but has never been on the bench.

Last season we got a few glimpses of fulton, i hope to see a bit more of Grimes and also Kenji gorre .

Im sure Garry will be thinking the same, for all he knows one of these boys could take to prem football like a duck to water, Ben Davies was thrust in from nowhere and never looked back, gotta be worth at least a punt id have thought.
Was it really just the other week on 20:08 - Feb 28 with 991 viewsPozuelosSideys

Was it really just the other week on 19:42 - Feb 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Either youve misread what i wrote, or ive written it badly.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. If they were better than any of the first team players, then theyd be replacing them on the bench like a couple of them have done.

Why, would you prefer to have a potentially lower quality squad on match day then, just to get these guys in?

The fact that Gorre hasnt got in the 1st team squad would suggest Monk reckons he isnt ready, not even in place of Oliveira.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Was it really just the other week on 20:13 - Feb 28 with 964 viewsacejack3065

Was it really just the other week on 20:08 - Feb 28 by PozuelosSideys

Either youve misread what i wrote, or ive written it badly.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. If they were better than any of the first team players, then theyd be replacing them on the bench like a couple of them have done.

Why, would you prefer to have a potentially lower quality squad on match day then, just to get these guys in?

The fact that Gorre hasnt got in the 1st team squad would suggest Monk reckons he isnt ready, not even in place of Oliveira.

There is plenty of time to give the youngsters a run out. Early to mid April would be the best time to give them a go when there's pretty much nothing to play for. Other teams will probably have the same mindset if they aren't fighting for their lives or gunning for Europe.

This next month should be about cementing a top half finish.
Was it really just the other week on 20:17 - Feb 28 with 952 viewsPozuelosSideys

Was it really just the other week on 20:13 - Feb 28 by acejack3065

There is plenty of time to give the youngsters a run out. Early to mid April would be the best time to give them a go when there's pretty much nothing to play for. Other teams will probably have the same mindset if they aren't fighting for their lives or gunning for Europe.

This next month should be about cementing a top half finish.

Yep, exactly. Which goes back to my first post on this thread. Id rather we go all-out for wins and points rather than fiddle with the squad and give some game time for the sake of it.

A few wins and we are pushing top 7 and a record points total. Thats the step we need to be taking. Hence the no rush for the youngsters.

Was it really just the other week on 20:29 - Feb 28 with 927 viewsMillJack

Was it really just the other week on 19:47 - Feb 28 by VetchitBack

I agree with pretty much all of that post, but I think you may be confusing Brendan with Paolo. Apart from one or two games under ML, I don't think I've ever been as consistently entertained as I was under Brendan.
Was it really just the other week on 21:01 - Feb 28 with 881 viewsVetchitBack

Was it really just the other week on 20:29 - Feb 28 by MillJack

I agree with pretty much all of that post, but I think you may be confusing Brendan with Paolo. Apart from one or two games under ML, I don't think I've ever been as consistently entertained as I was under Brendan.

Brendan was a bit Sousa at times.

Full back, centre back, keeper. Repeat.

It was "slow" build up. The nice bits were on MOTD but some was tedious. Technically great but tedious. Like code-breaking or Algebra.

Was it really just the other week on 21:08 - Feb 28 with 862 viewsperchrockjack

I jist hopev those bored with us simply feck off and spend the afternoon in b and a with the missus

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Was it really just the other week on 21:11 - Feb 28 with 851 viewsDarran

Was it really just the other week on 21:08 - Feb 28 by perchrockjack

I jist hopev those bored with us simply feck off and spend the afternoon in b and a with the missus

Is that the little brother of B&Q?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024