Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu 07:04 - May 20 with 4880 viewsraynor94

Huw saying on the Welsh news this morning he won't be coming back and is waiting to speak with his agent to sort out the last year on his contract, no surprise really

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu on 07:06 - May 20 with 3573 viewsAngelRangelQS

It's for the best I think
Michu on 07:28 - May 20 with 3485 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu on 07:06 - May 20 by AngelRangelQS

It's for the best I think

It is for the best if his career is over due to injury. If not I would like to know the reasons why and why apparently no effort has been made to contact him during the last year.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu on 08:01 - May 20 with 3364 viewsItchySphincter

Good. Look forward not back.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michu on 09:13 - May 20 with 3187 viewsoldcob

Its likely we are going to have to pay his wages until his contract expires. Can't see anyone signing him if his knees are knackered. Though we might have insurance to cover if he is officially declared as unfit ever to play.
Michu on 10:18 - May 20 with 3038 viewstomdickharry

Possibly a final scenario will be come either back at the commencement of training after the summer break with a view to playing or accept a pay off to compensate for the last year of contract. There of course could be an insurance claim if he cannot play through an on going injury,this could also effect any compensation pay off. Shame but that's business.
Michu on 10:29 - May 20 with 2988 viewsperchrockjack

Friends

He was NEVER coming back to play again..

Shame but as long as we re compensated Im happy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Michu on 10:38 - May 20 with 2953 viewsLord_Bony

Well that's that then...game over mr. michu,the end of the line.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Michu on 10:41 - May 20 with 2934 viewsperchrockjack

Its is Snr Michu.

Login to get fewer ads

Michu on 10:45 - May 20 with 2924 viewsfather_jack

non story.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Michu on 10:47 - May 20 with 2904 viewsraynor94

Michu on 10:45 - May 20 by father_jack

non story.

Please elaborate

Michu on 10:48 - May 20 with 2899 viewsLord_Bony

Is that SENIOR or SEÑOR ?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Michu on 10:53 - May 20 with 2878 viewsperchrockjack

And you used the accent on the n .Well done

Michu on 11:45 - May 20 with 2756 viewsHighjack

He could still do a job for us, perhaps change a few light bulbs and hammer new advertising boards into place.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Michu on 11:52 - May 20 with 2733 viewsshandyjack

i don't like this paying up the contract stuff. If he's fit play him or sell him, if he's fit then a club would defy pay us what we paid for him as a calculated risk

Poll: Expectation for the season

Michu on 11:54 - May 20 with 2724 viewscontroversial_jack

I hope Jenkins is just trying his hand at player psychology
Michu on 11:56 - May 20 with 2719 viewsLord_Bony

Michu on 11:52 - May 20 by shandyjack

i don't like this paying up the contract stuff. If he's fit play him or sell him, if he's fit then a club would defy pay us what we paid for him as a calculated risk

Maybe Rafa is keeping holding him over at Napoli...he ll continue to pay his wages there next season?

Michu on 11:59 - May 20 with 2706 viewsperchrockjack

Think Rafa will be off soon.

His missus and kids are still here and I m not sure he wants to spend more time away from them

Michu on 13:03 - May 20 with 2491 viewsTrundle10

If he is injured then fair enough. However if he is not then it is a big mistake on the clubs part IMO. Monk, as well has he has done, should be able to at least attempt to re intograte a player of Michu's quality. Managing ego's is part and parcel of this. Where as nobody is bigger than the club I feel every effort should be made with Michu just as Alex Fergusson pulled out all the stops to get Cantona back with United all those years ago. All facets of management.
Michu on 13:19 - May 20 with 2446 viewslidojack

This is all assuming Michu actually wants to come back.
Michu on 13:24 - May 20 with 2423 viewsTrundle10

Michu on 13:19 - May 20 by lidojack

This is all assuming Michu actually wants to come back.

It's a football fans forum mate. We are all talking bollox probably ;-)
Michu on 13:24 - May 20 with 2422 viewstrampie

Michu on 07:28 - May 20 by Private_Partz

It is for the best if his career is over due to injury. If not I would like to know the reasons why and why apparently no effort has been made to contact him during the last year.

Did you see an interview with Monk by Welsh tv at the beginning of the season ?, any fan seeing that would have surely thought that the chances of him playing for the Swans again was very remote, its not impossible even now but remote, once I saw Monks interview, his answers, the tone of his voice, his facial expressions, I thought to myself that it would be unlikely that Michu would play for the Swans again, stranger things have happened mind and things do change, but all things being equal I cant see it, even if he gets physically fit the question is does he fit in with the current management team ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Michu on 13:37 - May 20 with 2378 viewsAnotherJohn

Pity if true. I thought we should take our time and make a proper assessment at the end of the season, or at the very least let Garry have the talk he said he would have. I suppose there may have been contact in the last week or two that did not go well. Looking at the original article, having written my post, made me realise that things may not be as clearcut as the OP suggests, so I guess we will have to wait and see.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 13:45]
Michu on 13:48 - May 20 with 2340 viewsraynor94

Michu on 13:37 - May 20 by AnotherJohn

Pity if true. I thought we should take our time and make a proper assessment at the end of the season, or at the very least let Garry have the talk he said he would have. I suppose there may have been contact in the last week or two that did not go well. Looking at the original article, having written my post, made me realise that things may not be as clearcut as the OP suggests, so I guess we will have to wait and see.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 13:45]

Clear cut in which way? Huw's words in person this morning

Michu on 15:46 - May 20 with 2141 viewsAnotherJohn

Michu on 13:48 - May 20 by raynor94

Clear cut in which way? Huw's words in person this morning

There are two points in your OP.

(1) Michu will not be coming back.
(2) There will be talks with his agent to resolve the issue of the remaining year on the contract.

I didn't hear the radio interview, but what I saw on the EP website was this:

"We have got to make sure that we go down the route with him and work out something he’s happy with to try to get him right and playing football and enjoying football again,"

"If we can get him through this period with his fitness and back to the level he is at he’s going to be an asset for somebody looking ahead to next season."

"My feeling is that it’s unlikely he’ll be back working with us but I’m still waiting for the chance to meet with Michu and his agents to discuss his future."

Now what you say may be the inference many will draw, but it is not what Huw said there. I acknowledge that leaving is the most likely outcome, but there is also room for the interpretation suggested by an earlier poster that Huw is positioning himself to maximise advantage ahead of discussions. Or did Huw say something else in the radio interview?
[Post edited 20 May 2015 15:53]
Michu on 16:34 - May 20 with 2011 viewsAquinas

I think i'll file Michu under the 'Bodde' section of my ex-Swansea players memory bank.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024