Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He deserves a thread to himself 16:46 - May 28 with 3239 viewsdgt73

I know there is another thread stating what players are leaving the club this summer and one of those players is Alan Tate, a modern day legend and part of Scfc folklore. All the best Alan thanks for everything you did for the club.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

He deserves a thread to himself on 16:55 - May 28 with 2238 viewsOldjack

His finest moment YJB!!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

He deserves a thread to himself on 17:01 - May 28 with 2213 viewsAngelRangelQS

Well said. What a guy and what a contribution to our rise
He deserves a thread to himself on 17:01 - May 28 with 2212 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

He deserves a thread to himself on 18:02 - May 28 with 2092 viewslifelong

He deserves a thread to himself on 16:55 - May 28 by Oldjack

His finest moment YJB!!

Far from his finest moment, I agree with the lyrics but the song sheet is all wrong.
He deserves a thread to himself on 18:03 - May 28 with 2089 viewsSweyns_Eye

Its sad to see his inevitable departure. He's been with us so long he's almost part of the fixtures and fittings at the Liberty. If you're reading this Tatey, thanks for everything. The word legend is often overused these days but you're up there for me.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

He deserves a thread to himself on 18:08 - May 28 with 2066 viewsepaul

A Jack legend simple as "they don't like me and I don't like them" what a quote. Thank you Mr Tate, good luck for the future #YJB always

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

He deserves a thread to himself on 18:10 - May 28 with 2055 viewsraynor94

He deserves a thread to himself on 18:02 - May 28 by lifelong

Far from his finest moment, I agree with the lyrics but the song sheet is all wrong.

I'm with you on this lifey, not what I'll remember a fantastic servant for

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

He deserves a thread to himself on 18:34 - May 28 with 1987 viewsairedale

What about Tatey's testimonial? We were going to play Man U.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 18:55]
Login to get fewer ads

He deserves a thread to himself on 18:47 - May 28 with 1954 viewsmax936

Legend simple as, Good Luck Tatey and Thanks.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

He deserves a thread to himself on 19:02 - May 28 with 1905 viewsSwanzay

Best wishes for the future Tatey, YJB legend!
He deserves a thread to himself on 19:06 - May 28 with 1886 viewslondonlisa2001

He deserves a thread to himself on 18:10 - May 28 by raynor94

I'm with you on this lifey, not what I'll remember a fantastic servant for

The only time he ever disappointed me.

A great servant indeed. Wish him all the best.

What I think of as our present seems to be rapidly turning into our history.
He deserves a thread to himself on 19:41 - May 28 with 1819 viewsNeath_Jack

He is one bloke that would never have to buy a pint in Swansea for as long as he lives. His antics were brilliant, whether the stuffy nosed among us appreciated them or not. It's as if someone picked him off the North Bank and put him straight on the pitch, his passion for the club was/is immense. I'll never forget the fuss he made of my daughter who would have been around 9 or 10 then, when we went to watch them training over on Fabian Way. I'll never forget him cupping his ears towards the vermin fans after we scored, smashing that lanky striker of theirs in the face and drawing blood, that flag, the comment about him not liking them as mentioned above. His goalkeeping exploits, his wonder goal, the list goes on and on.

Shame they didn't get him back for the lap of honour at the end of the season and an even bigger shame that he hasn't got a testimonial. My favourite player of our recent past without a doubt.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

He deserves a thread to himself on 19:49 - May 28 with 1802 viewsOldjack

Why hasn't he had a testimonial ?,didn't he have one cancelled a couple of years back?

He deserves a thread to himself on 19:56 - May 28 with 1762 viewspencoedjack

He deserves a thread to himself on 19:41 - May 28 by Neath_Jack

He is one bloke that would never have to buy a pint in Swansea for as long as he lives. His antics were brilliant, whether the stuffy nosed among us appreciated them or not. It's as if someone picked him off the North Bank and put him straight on the pitch, his passion for the club was/is immense. I'll never forget the fuss he made of my daughter who would have been around 9 or 10 then, when we went to watch them training over on Fabian Way. I'll never forget him cupping his ears towards the vermin fans after we scored, smashing that lanky striker of theirs in the face and drawing blood, that flag, the comment about him not liking them as mentioned above. His goalkeeping exploits, his wonder goal, the list goes on and on.

Shame they didn't get him back for the lap of honour at the end of the season and an even bigger shame that he hasn't got a testimonial. My favourite player of our recent past without a doubt.

Great post Neath

All the best for the future Tatey ..... YJB
He deserves a thread to himself on 20:25 - May 28 with 1699 viewsdgt73

He deserves a thread to himself on 19:49 - May 28 by Oldjack

Why hasn't he had a testimonial ?,didn't he have one cancelled a couple of years back?

Supposed to have been v Man U, but then the fixture list was announced and we had Man U first home game, something like that and then the testimonial was postponed. I hope he still will have one, because he deserves one.

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:32 - May 28 with 1678 viewsOldjack

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:25 - May 28 by dgt73

Supposed to have been v Man U, but then the fixture list was announced and we had Man U first home game, something like that and then the testimonial was postponed. I hope he still will have one, because he deserves one.

Barca would be a nice touch ,don't you think

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:36 - May 28 with 1666 viewslondonlisa2001

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:25 - May 28 by dgt73

nah - it was something to do with a loan period away meaning that there couldn't be a testimonial as it hadn't been 10 years. It's actually a tax thing believe it or not.
He deserves a thread to himself on 20:38 - May 28 with 1656 viewsdgt73

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:36 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

nah - it was something to do with a loan period away meaning that there couldn't be a testimonial as it hadn't been 10 years. It's actually a tax thing believe it or not.

What ???????

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:43 - May 28 with 1635 viewsJackfath

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:38 - May 28 by dgt73

What ???????

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:44 - May 28 with 1634 viewsdgt73

i think Lisa has been drinking tonight lol. Definitely called off because we had Man U first home game of the season.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 20:47]

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:45 - May 28 with 1626 viewslondonlisa2001

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:43 - May 28 by Jackfath

lol

Sorry - edited to say, deliberately used as I know you love it so much !
[Post edited 28 May 2015 20:46]
He deserves a thread to himself on 20:45 - May 28 with 1625 viewsJackfath

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:44 - May 28 by dgt73

i think Lisa has been drinking tonight lol. Definitely called off because we had Man U first home game of the season.

FFS.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:49 - May 28 with 1600 viewslondonlisa2001

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:38 - May 28 by dgt73

What ???????

There are tax rules about testimonials (though HMRC are about to close the loophole).

They were changed quite a lot ten or fifteen years ago from memory, but a testimonial season if cleverly structured, generates a lot of tax free income (or less tax than normal).

There was something though about football's rules about 10 years - I can't remember exactly what it was, but 10 years was the agreement for when a testimonial season could be done.
He deserves a thread to himself on 20:50 - May 28 with 1594 viewslondonlisa2001

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:44 - May 28 by dgt73

I am having a glass of wine as it happens, but really, I don't think it was to do with that first game business. I'm sure it was to do with whether ten years was or wasn't up.
He deserves a thread to himself on 20:53 - May 28 with 1586 viewsdgt73

Not the reason why Tate had his testimonial called off tho. It was called off because a week after the testimonial, we had Utd at home, moyes first game in charge of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024