Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans 06:26 - Jul 14 with 1831 viewsPhil_S

The Swans completed the signature of young Bradford City striker Oliver McBurnie yesterday and will be hoping that his 'work experience' with Man Utd will come through and help us in the long run.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39255/man-utd-experience-
Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 09:19 - Jul 14 with 1679 viewsClinton

Are we now shining players just for the Under 21s ? Regardless of whether we think they will really make the grade in the Premier League.
Is this a distraction from the club's real priority of staying in the Premier League ?
I think the answer to both questions is 'maybe'. We need to be careful Not to take our eye off the ball, so to speak.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 09:56 - Jul 14 with 1611 viewsscottishjack

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 09:19 - Jul 14 by Clinton

Are we now shining players just for the Under 21s ? Regardless of whether we think they will really make the grade in the Premier League.
Is this a distraction from the club's real priority of staying in the Premier League ?
I think the answer to both questions is 'maybe'. We need to be careful Not to take our eye off the ball, so to speak.

I can see what you mean, but with he standard of teams our under 21's play seemingly a lot higher this season, surely it means that the lads who do well have a better chance of stepping up?
Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 10:03 - Jul 14 with 1598 viewsGaz_M

Recruitment for the u21's isn't overseen by Monk. So the 'taking our eye off the ball' isn't a factor, really.
Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 10:05 - Jul 14 with 1592 viewscaerleon_jack

We are signing a lot of players for out u-21s but as others have explained and discussed before, we are doing so because our Academy structure is developing and we need a competitive u-21 team. We'll keep signing these players with potential to help do that, and if they show signs that they might make the grade then great. If not, then it's a minor gamble that hasn't paid off.

I am confused by this notion that this is some how "a distraction from the club's real priority of staying in the Premier League ?". Yes, the club are investing heavily in the Academy structure, because it's vitally important to our future as a club, regardless of what league we're in. But has it stopped Monk from signing players he wants for the first team? Has it affected our pre-season preparation in any way? Has there been some indication that the club is not being run properly because Jenkins is now spending all his time trying to sign up players for the u-21s? I'm sorry, I just don't get where you are coming from on this.

Insert something witty here

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 10:12 - Jul 14 with 1584 viewsClinton

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 09:56 - Jul 14 by scottishjack

I can see what you mean, but with he standard of teams our under 21's play seemingly a lot higher this season, surely it means that the lads who do well have a better chance of stepping up?

Fair comment. Promotion to the second tier of the U21 tree will need better players.
Just don't want us preoccupied signing u21 and youths to the detriment of other stuff. Having said that, hopefully the recent shuffling of U21 and youth setup is designed to ensure it doesn't impinge elsewhere.
Btw, am I correct that although we are now Cat. 1.we still aren't going to be playing the really top sides like ManU and Chelsea U21?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 11:08 - Jul 14 with 1510 viewsPrivate_Partz

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 10:03 - Jul 14 by Gaz_M

Recruitment for the u21's isn't overseen by Monk. So the 'taking our eye off the ball' isn't a factor, really.

Are we sure if that. It would seem to me that Gary is involved at all levels.
Whatever the situation it seems we are trying to get a conveyor belt going where we bring youngsters through to the first thereby saving in transfer fees. It is a big ask but it is impressive how we are casting our net far and wide. Seems like our scouting system is on the ball. The truth will be know when / if the new recruits make the grade.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 12:48 - Jul 14 with 1396 viewsDaggyjack

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 10:12 - Jul 14 by Clinton

Fair comment. Promotion to the second tier of the U21 tree will need better players.
Just don't want us preoccupied signing u21 and youths to the detriment of other stuff. Having said that, hopefully the recent shuffling of U21 and youth setup is designed to ensure it doesn't impinge elsewhere.
Btw, am I correct that although we are now Cat. 1.we still aren't going to be playing the really top sides like ManU and Chelsea U21?

We will be playing Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, West Brom, Stoke and Villa so I wouldn't say that we are playing duds.
Good luck to Oliver.
Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 14:04 - Jul 14 with 1308 viewsSwan91

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 10:12 - Jul 14 by Clinton

We have pretty much already signed players for the first squad (unless anyone leaves) so now that we had done our main business we are now free to look at youth prospects aswell.

Like people have said we are now category 1 status so we need to improve our youth squad. And who knows some might become like barrow, grimes and fulton. Making their way into the first squad.

I don't think monk has much to do with the youth setup. They have their own managers and I'm sure the board are the ones looking into new players.

As we have done our transfer business already I don't understand how looking at improving youth will be bad for us or a distraction.
Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 14:07 - Jul 14 with 1303 viewssully49

Does anyone here have any inkling of who will be our next first team squad signing?
Equally how many additional players are in the marketplace for?
To be fair to HJ he has worked his usual magic so far. When does the window close?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 14:12 - Jul 14 with 1300 viewsSwan91

Man Utd Experience Can Benefit McBurnie And Swans on 14:07 - Jul 14 by sully49

Does anyone here have any inkling of who will be our next first team squad signing?
Equally how many additional players are in the marketplace for?
To be fair to HJ he has worked his usual magic so far. When does the window close?

I don't think we will buy any first team players unless we sell any.

If britton leaves I wouldn't be surprised if we get fulton involved more. As cover for cork. And also looking at Ki-Shelvey partnerships sometimes. So we might still not sign anyone.

When signing Eder I beleive there was an article with Beattie saying that we will maybe get 1 more player in. Unless we sell anyone I can't imagine us signing anymore first 11 type players but more like squad cover.

Window closes end of August I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024