Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buses from town to the stadium 17:25 - Aug 16 with 3900 viewsTheArtChappy

Terrible. Waited 40 minutes from about quarter to 2 at the train station and 2 buses went past full. There were Asians, Hungarians, Newcastle fans all waiting. Ended up having to walk up. Can't be a good image of the city. Hope they sort it out before expansion

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:23 - Aug 16 with 3772 viewsjackharris

The Black cabs opposite the bus stop at the train station roughly the same price to take you to the Liberty as the buses do!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:25 - Aug 16 with 3766 viewsjackharris

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:23 - Aug 16 by jackharris

The Black cabs opposite the bus stop at the train station roughly the same price to take you to the Liberty as the buses do!

If you had rounded up 6-7 of the people in one of the bigger black cabs it would have been dirt cheap to the Liberty!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:33 - Aug 16 with 3754 viewsWhiterockin

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:25 - Aug 16 by jackharris

If you had rounded up 6-7 of the people in one of the bigger black cabs it would have been dirt cheap to the Liberty!

Bendy buses are no longer on the road at the weekends until they go completely at the end of the month. This means capacity is down by 50%.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:51 - Aug 16 with 3726 viewsplasjack

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:33 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Bendy buses are no longer on the road at the weekends until they go completely at the end of the month. This means capacity is down by 50%.

Wrong ,Bendy buses run Mon to Sat only off on Sundays.
Buses from town to the stadium on 21:17 - Aug 16 with 3660 viewswestside

don't think bendy buses run on saturdays anymore and they'll be gone for good soon.
Buses from town to the stadium on 06:48 - Aug 17 with 3551 viewsDr_Winston

This is the same council and bus company that only put on a few extra park and ride buses for the 100,000 people watching the airshow.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Buses from town to the stadium on 07:54 - Aug 17 with 3522 viewsNogginthenog

Buses from town to the stadium on 06:48 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

This is the same council and bus company that only put on a few extra park and ride buses for the 100,000 people watching the airshow.

It makes economic sense not to put on extra buses when you want visitors to pay extortionate parking prices, or am I being too cynical?
Buses from town to the stadium on 08:24 - Aug 17 with 3503 viewsClydachjack

There were no bendy buses Saturday, was really bad after the game, Was loads of people left stranded in Landore going up the valley.

People in wheelchairs ect.

It needs sorting out, at least with the bendy bus nearly everyone could get on.
Login to get fewer ads

Buses from town to the stadium on 11:32 - Aug 17 with 3430 viewsWhiterockin

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:51 - Aug 16 by plasjack

Wrong ,Bendy buses run Mon to Sat only off on Sundays.

Sorry but I am not wrong.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:14 - Aug 17 with 3345 viewsplasjack

Buses from town to the stadium on 11:32 - Aug 17 by Whiterockin

Sorry but I am not wrong.

Correct me if i am wrong,bendy buses are if needing routine maintenance are replaced by ordinary service vehicles, granted they have not the same passenger capacity, perhaps someone from First Cymru can comment if they come on Planet Swans.
Buses from town to the stadium on 19:37 - Aug 17 with 3317 viewsGowerjack

So if the bendy buses are to be no more are the Council going to do away with the stupid one way system in the City Centre.

Does anyone remember how long ago this all started and how much money it has cost?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:52 - Aug 17 with 3303 viewsdickythorpe

The Kingsway is being made totally one way.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 19:53]
Buses from town to the stadium on 21:23 - Aug 17 with 3252 viewsGowerjack

Buses from town to the stadium on 19:37 - Aug 17 by Gowerjack

So if the bendy buses are to be no more are the Council going to do away with the stupid one way system in the City Centre.

Does anyone remember how long ago this all started and how much money it has cost?

I'll answer my own question

Started in 2009

3 years of disruption whilst the road layout was changed.

£14 Million pounds in cost.

2 people killed on the Kingsway.

Now scrapped.

Only in Swansea.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Buses from town to the stadium on 07:46 - Aug 18 with 3147 viewsswansealad69

Funny thing is 2 years back I caught the bus from ck high St and a return was 5.60 and only had 5 on me plus money for season ticket.
Shocked by the price I asked how much from to quadrant to stadium return?
5.60 she said ?so asked Is it free to Ck then she said 2.80??
Had to buy a single and walked back.
Buses from town to the stadium on 07:52 - Aug 18 with 3137 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Buses from town to the stadium on 07:46 - Aug 18 by swansealad69

Funny thing is 2 years back I caught the bus from ck high St and a return was 5.60 and only had 5 on me plus money for season ticket.
Shocked by the price I asked how much from to quadrant to stadium return?
5.60 she said ?so asked Is it free to Ck then she said 2.80??
Had to buy a single and walked back.

Well something is badly wrong there as it only costs £4.20 for a whole days travel anywhere in the Swansea area. We always pay that and use 3 buses to go from the slip bridge to the stadium and back to the Uplands
[Post edited 18 Aug 2015 8:11]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Buses from town to the stadium on 09:18 - Aug 18 with 3082 viewsPegojack

When we played Hull away last season, I drove up and parked in a multi storey in the city centre so we could get lunch in a city centre pub. The stadium is about a mile outside the centre. I caught one of the normal service buses running to the stadium, they run about about one every five minutes, cost £3.00 return.

At the end of the match, we walked to the main bus stop outside the stadium and found that there were bus company stewards organising the queue into three strands, depending on destination. The buses came in one after another, non stop, like the planes landing at Heathrow and the stewards organised and directed the queues. It was run like a military operation. We were back in the city centre within ten minutes. Absolutely brilliant.

That's how it's done, Swansea Council.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2015 11:03]
Buses from town to the stadium on 11:00 - Aug 18 with 3054 viewspikeypaul

Use them every game.

The buses outside the ground all go the same route if you are going back to the city so why someone would be putting people on different buses is beyond me besides there are no different buses everyone just waits for the next one to come and just try's to get on.

Never seen any bus company stewards outside just a maul of passengers trying to get on and if you go to the stop further on than Rossis you sometimes will not get on you need to go to the one opposite unless you want to wait 45 or so mins.

Before 6pm buses every 12 mins if you go to a night game only one every 30 mins on a Sunday one every hour after 5.30 had to leave Chelsea game early last year on a sunday unless I wanted to wait another hour.

Coming to the game you need to go to the quadrant since the buses for 90 mins before the game always fill up there and just like the original poster said will just drive past the stops on the kings way and high street station.
If you are at the station and there are two or more of you it is cheaper to get a taxi.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2015 11:11]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024