Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Debrief 12:02 - Sep 12 with 3147 viewstrampie

Watched the play leading up to the goals, Llorente gave the ball away resulting in Chelsea's first goal, Swansea never got it back [under control], looks like Fed headed it twice, the keeper failed to come and Costa scored, Fab could have done better on the shot.

For Chelsea's second Llorente failed to control/win the ball from our goal kick [it was his to win] and we never got the ball back [under control], Kingsley was done like an absolute kipper deep inside the box by one of Chelsea's least skilful players leading up to the goal.

Swans first goal was all about Fer, he put in a pass half the length of the field to Barrow, Barrow's ball in was not that good but worked as it took Siggy and the keeper away from goal resulting in the keeper bringing down Siggy, a better ball by Barrow would have seen Siggy 1 on 1 with the keeper with the keeper charging out, probably a 50-50 chance, so Swansea got lucky that the pass was not brilliant, Siggy pen was excellent as he shaped to place it and put it down the middle.

Swans second goal was all Fer again reading the play and nipping in, he got lucky but he bought a raffle ticket.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Debrief on 12:05 - Sep 12 with 1931 viewsPegojack

Very true regarding Kingsley and their second, sold himself very badly instead of standing up and blocking the run, and to that world class dribbler Ivanovic, FFS.
Debrief on 12:11 - Sep 12 with 1902 viewstrampie

Amat is a red card waiting to happen, Guido got away with it, he probably should have been subbed as it looked odds on he was going to be red carded early in the match.

If playing a flat back 4 next week Taylor should come in for Kingsley, Swansea have not won for 3 matches and let 6 goals in, its probably time to give Kingsley a rest as he has dipped in form cumulating in his bad mistake for Chelsea's equaliser , Taylor should be back up to speed after his Wales Euro exploits.

Llorente needs to realise that defending in the modern game starts from the front, no giving the ball away cheaply for no reason.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Debrief on 12:22 - Sep 12 with 1858 viewsPrivate_Partz

Debrief on 12:11 - Sep 12 by trampie

Amat is a red card waiting to happen, Guido got away with it, he probably should have been subbed as it looked odds on he was going to be red carded early in the match.

If playing a flat back 4 next week Taylor should come in for Kingsley, Swansea have not won for 3 matches and let 6 goals in, its probably time to give Kingsley a rest as he has dipped in form cumulating in his bad mistake for Chelsea's equaliser , Taylor should be back up to speed after his Wales Euro exploits.

Llorente needs to realise that defending in the modern game starts from the front, no giving the ball away cheaply for no reason.

Lorente wasted very few balls. At 31 there is not much to learn. It's all 'ifs' and 'buts'. I am sure they will be going over he vids tomorrow and all these issues will be highlighted and hopefully lessons learned.
Apart from the wonder shots most goals ome from a catalogue of errors. I thought Fabs should have gone straight through our defender to get the ball before the pantomime villain scored but that's life ;-). Bloody good draw regardless against a top team, and we still have room for improvement,

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Debrief on 12:23 - Sep 12 with 1858 viewstrampie

Debrief on 12:05 - Sep 12 by Pegojack

Very true regarding Kingsley and their second, sold himself very badly instead of standing up and blocking the run, and to that world class dribbler Ivanovic, FFS.

Kingsley should be dropped for that mistake alone, i'm a Kingsley fan and don't want to be harsh on him but that was terrible, it was the equivalent of an open goal tap in, would Taylor have made that mistake ?, perhaps Guido took the wrong one off for Barrow, next weeks team selection will be interesting and if it go's Kingsley's way I cant see a long term future for Taylor at Swansea with Guido in charge, unless Kingsley has a nightmare and Swansea lose at Soton and Guido might have to have a rethink.

Debrief on 12:26 - Sep 12 with 1835 viewsPrivate_Partz

Debrief on 12:23 - Sep 12 by trampie

Kingsley should be dropped for that mistake alone, i'm a Kingsley fan and don't want to be harsh on him but that was terrible, it was the equivalent of an open goal tap in, would Taylor have made that mistake ?, perhaps Guido took the wrong one off for Barrow, next weeks team selection will be interesting and if it go's Kingsley's way I cant see a long term future for Taylor at Swansea with Guido in charge, unless Kingsley has a nightmare and Swansea lose at Soton and Guido might have to have a rethink.

Very harsh. Young players will always make mistakes. He is a great prospect and should be encouraged not dropped. The only time it can happen is if his confidence is shot and he needs a rest. A saw no evidence of that yesterday.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Debrief on 12:28 - Sep 12 with 1824 viewstrampie

Debrief on 12:22 - Sep 12 by Private_Partz

Lorente wasted very few balls. At 31 there is not much to learn. It's all 'ifs' and 'buts'. I am sure they will be going over he vids tomorrow and all these issues will be highlighted and hopefully lessons learned.
Apart from the wonder shots most goals ome from a catalogue of errors. I thought Fabs should have gone straight through our defender to get the ball before the pantomime villain scored but that's life ;-). Bloody good draw regardless against a top team, and we still have room for improvement,

Well its ironic as Llorente gave the ball away for no reason [we never got it back] for Chelsea's first and he failed to win 'his' ball and we never got it back for Chelsea's second.

Debrief on 12:32 - Sep 12 with 1799 viewstomdickharry

For an experienced player FF was poor,Amat is only going to get better with consistent games,FF has already peaked,time for young Alfie Mawson to step up,has all the attributes to become a top centre back.
Debrief on 12:35 - Sep 12 with 1789 viewsPrivate_Partz

Debrief on 12:28 - Sep 12 by trampie

Well its ironic as Llorente gave the ball away for no reason [we never got it back] for Chelsea's first and he failed to win 'his' ball and we never got it back for Chelsea's second.

Indeed that's all it was - ironic. He won far more than he lost.

Login to get fewer ads

Debrief on 12:37 - Sep 12 with 1781 viewsDarran

Debrief on 12:26 - Sep 12 by Private_Partz

Very harsh. Young players will always make mistakes. He is a great prospect and should be encouraged not dropped. The only time it can happen is if his confidence is shot and he needs a rest. A saw no evidence of that yesterday.

It's not harsh Partzy he's hanging off Taylor's bell end for one reason and one reason only.

Think about it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Debrief on 12:39 - Sep 12 with 1771 viewstrampie

Debrief on 12:26 - Sep 12 by Private_Partz

In old money now is the time to rest him, his form has dipped coinciding with the Swans not winning for 3 league games and letting 6 goals in, there is no manual, but having watched footie for decades it is the type of thing old managers used to do with young players who get a chance and do well, once their form dips and the old first choice is back up to speed then the youngster was often pulled out of the firing line until that youngster eventually at some point in time became first choice, we will find out shortly if Kingsley is first choice, he will be first choice down the line if he already isn't.
Taylor done well for Wales in the Euro's [very well actually], cant be arsed to check but I think he played for Swans u23 the other week, clean sheet and a win and he played in Wales clean sheet win over Moldova last week.
It will be interesting, what formation we play going forward, there are possible options at centre half, options in midfield, Borja might or might not be ready.

Debrief on 12:42 - Sep 12 with 1742 viewsperchrockjack

Having thought about it, Taylor is worse than we think .

Suggest anyone watch him ,really watch him and ask exactly what he does right.

Kingsley has clearly more in his locker and whilst not the finished article I m more confident of him finding a team mate or of delivering a cross of meaning,

People clearly seeing it negative to criticise any player.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Debrief on 12:45 - Sep 12 with 1729 viewsSmellyplumz

Debrief on 12:23 - Sep 12 by trampie

I thought Kingsley struggled yesterday big time

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Debrief on 12:46 - Sep 12 with 1722 viewstrampie

Debrief on 12:32 - Sep 12 by tomdickharry

For an experienced player FF was poor,Amat is only going to get better with consistent games,FF has already peaked,time for young Alfie Mawson to step up,has all the attributes to become a top centre back.

Fernandez peaked, Rangel, Taylor, Britton, Routledge, Llorente all peaked would you say ?

Players having potential does not mean they are better at this moment in time and Swansea play Soton on the weekend.

Debrief on 12:47 - Sep 12 with 1712 viewsperchrockjack

Fair comment trampie, fair comment

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Debrief on 12:50 - Sep 12 with 1693 viewsjasonbromham

Debrief on 12:39 - Sep 12 by trampie

In old money now is the time to rest him, his form has dipped coinciding with the Swans not winning for 3 league games and letting 6 goals in, there is no manual, but having watched footie for decades it is the type of thing old managers used to do with young players who get a chance and do well, once their form dips and the old first choice is back up to speed then the youngster was often pulled out of the firing line until that youngster eventually at some point in time became first choice, we will find out shortly if Kingsley is first choice, he will be first choice down the line if he already isn't.
Taylor done well for Wales in the Euro's [very well actually], cant be arsed to check but I think he played for Swans u23 the other week, clean sheet and a win and he played in Wales clean sheet win over Moldova last week.
It will be interesting, what formation we play going forward, there are possible options at centre half, options in midfield, Borja might or might not be ready.

Kingsley has been one of our better players against Hull & Leicester. Chelsea he wasn't great but still did a decent job. Taylor is just awful for the Swans in general. His committment to this club is non existent. You only have to watch him for Wales to see that.
Debrief on 12:54 - Sep 12 with 1667 viewsJango

I thought llorente had a decent game against a very experienced back 4 and 2 superb holding midfielders. Kingsley made a schoolboy error but that's how it goes, no player is perfection. He's far better than Taylor
Debrief on 12:56 - Sep 12 with 1647 viewsjack247

Debrief on 12:28 - Sep 12 by trampie

People need to get away from this 'Llorente gave the ball away so is at fault for their goal' nonsense. He is an isolated centre forward, he is going to lose possession reasonably often. All centre forwards do. Chelsea still have to go through the rest of our team to score. Different thing if a defender loses it in our final third.
Debrief on 12:59 - Sep 12 with 1634 viewsjasper_T

Forwards are going to give the ball away from time to time and it's harsh to blame them when a turnover in possession eventually leads to a goal.
Debrief on 12:59 - Sep 12 with 1632 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we have a policy of dropping players for a mistake Taylor would never play two consecutive games for us.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Debrief on 14:52 - Sep 12 with 1488 viewstrampie

Debrief on 12:56 - Sep 12 by jack247

People need to get away from this 'Llorente gave the ball away so is at fault for their goal' nonsense. He is an isolated centre forward, he is going to lose possession reasonably often. All centre forwards do. Chelsea still have to go through the rest of our team to score. Different thing if a defender loses it in our final third.

I'm not blaming Llorente, i'm blaming Fab for the first goal and Kingsley for the second.

Debrief on 14:54 - Sep 12 with 1475 viewsjack247

Debrief on 14:52 - Sep 12 by trampie

I'm not blaming Llorente, i'm blaming Fab for the first goal and Kingsley for the second.

That's not how it looks on the post I quoted
Debrief on 15:03 - Sep 12 with 1447 viewstrampie

Debrief on 14:54 - Sep 12 by jack247

That's not how it looks on the post I quoted

Well now you know.

Debrief on 15:08 - Sep 12 with 1425 viewsjack247

Debrief on 15:03 - Sep 12 by trampie

Well now you know.

Easier to just say what you mean in the first place. Saves confusion
Debrief on 15:12 - Sep 12 with 1401 viewstrampie

Debrief on 15:08 - Sep 12 by jack247

Easier to just say what you mean in the first place. Saves confusion

I can see it takes a lot to save you getting confused.

Debrief on 15:15 - Sep 12 with 1388 viewsjack247

Debrief on 15:12 - Sep 12 by trampie

I can see it takes a lot to save you getting confused.

Seeing as your post explained how Llorente was at fault for both goals and didn't mention anyone else, yeah it's pretty easy to see why I thought you were blaming Llorente.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024