Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Russia are bombing Syria 17:20 - Sep 30 with 7944 viewsDarran

And nobody's started a thread condemning them.

How is that then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:26 - Sep 30 with 2207 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/154173/russia-makes-mili

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:27 - Sep 30 with 2206 viewstomdickharry

That's the end of IS,we are now talking about an army/air force/navy who couldn't give a toss with unlimited manpower and arms. IS have never yet met an army/airforce as ruthless as they are with no questions asked.
So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:34 - Sep 30 with 2196 viewsRancid

It's about time they got involved in a conflict we're all singing from the same hymn sheet with and whoever persuaded them to take on ISIS (Obama probably), then i doff my cap to him/them.i don't think the russians are keen on the Muslims either considering they refused zero immigrant entries into their country.For all Putin's reputation he's a staunch man with integrity and we should be grateful it's him and the Ruskies who are doing what we should be doing in Syria.
So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:34 - Sep 30 with 2194 viewsDarran

So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:26 - Sep 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/154173/russia-makes-mili

They hadn't started bombing then mun.

So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:36 - Sep 30 with 2192 viewsBatterseajack

So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:27 - Sep 30 by tomdickharry

That's the end of IS,we are now talking about an army/air force/navy who couldn't give a toss with unlimited manpower and arms. IS have never yet met an army/airforce as ruthless as they are with no questions asked.

Not sure how they or anyone can bomb Isis out of cities like Raqqa without either killing literally everyone or completely demolishing the entire city so there's no city left to liberate.

More concerning though, is the fate of the genuine separatist army and Kurds in the North. Will these guys be targeted as well? Probably if we're now all supporting assad.

**Edit** apologies Tomdickharry, didn't mean to quote you **Edit**
[Post edited 30 Sep 2015 17:39]
So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:55 - Sep 30 with 2161 viewsGroo

Starting to get hairy now

They are bombing the Syrian rebels (not ISIS)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11900853/Putin-request-f

and demanding the US to keep their planes out of Syria

http://en.trend.az/world/arab/2438678.html

Groo does what Groo does best

So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:57 - Sep 30 with 2158 viewsDarran

So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:55 - Sep 30 by Groo

Starting to get hairy now

They are bombing the Syrian rebels (not ISIS)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11900853/Putin-request-f

and demanding the US to keep their planes out of Syria

http://en.trend.az/world/arab/2438678.html

Americas fault.

So Russia are bombing Syria on 18:25 - Sep 30 with 2137 viewsFlashberryjack

So Russia are bombing Syria on 17:57 - Sep 30 by Darran

Americas fault.

Course it is .......the b*stards

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

So Russia are bombing Syria on 18:35 - Sep 30 with 2128 viewslondonlisa2001

So Russia are bombing Syria on 18:25 - Sep 30 by Flashberryjack

Course it is .......the b*stards

In one way, it's true though, as a lack of concerted and planned action by the US has created a vacuum into which the Russians have been able to step.

The West have been hamstrung by an inability to decide what the hell to do. That's different to a decision to do nothing in my view, which would be one plan, but Obama just doesn't know what's best.

I suspect it's less to do with knowing how to eradicate IS at the moment (which I'm sure they could do) and more to do with the usual - what happens afterwards, which is the thing we never seem able to plan for.

The Russians also have an advantage internally, as I suspect that their population is far less worried than we would be about collateral damage (a distinctly disgusting way of describing the deaths of innocent people).

What a complete and utter mess.
So Russia are bombing Syria on 18:45 - Sep 30 with 2109 viewsjack247

Because the rugby world cup is on.
So Russia are bombing Syria on 18:51 - Sep 30 with 2098 viewsFlashberryjack

So Russia are bombing Syria on 18:35 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

In one way, it's true though, as a lack of concerted and planned action by the US has created a vacuum into which the Russians have been able to step.

The West have been hamstrung by an inability to decide what the hell to do. That's different to a decision to do nothing in my view, which would be one plan, but Obama just doesn't know what's best.

I suspect it's less to do with knowing how to eradicate IS at the moment (which I'm sure they could do) and more to do with the usual - what happens afterwards, which is the thing we never seem able to plan for.

The Russians also have an advantage internally, as I suspect that their population is far less worried than we would be about collateral damage (a distinctly disgusting way of describing the deaths of innocent people).

What a complete and utter mess.

Who are the biggest b*stards America or Russia ? ......I know which ones I'd trust.
If it were up to me, I'd close the borders of Syria, and let them get on with it.

There's no simple way with the Muslim nation, help one side and the other hates you, even the side that you help ends up hating you.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:02 - Sep 30 with 2080 viewslondonlisa2001

So Russia are bombing Syria on 18:51 - Sep 30 by Flashberryjack

Who are the biggest b*stards America or Russia ? ......I know which ones I'd trust.
If it were up to me, I'd close the borders of Syria, and let them get on with it.

There's no simple way with the Muslim nation, help one side and the other hates you, even the side that you help ends up hating you.

America and Russia both act in their own self interest as does every country.

It is more usual that the self interest of America coincides with ours.

I'm not sure that I would trust either of them to 'be on our side' if it didn't accord with their own interest.

I would prefer to live in the US though as the regime in Russia is pretty abhorrent. (Note that I may change my mind if Trump became president).

Your point re the difficulties involved though is reasonable, which is why I said doing nothing is one perfectly reasonable choice, although there are many 'Moslem nations' not just one, and their outlook varies quite a lot.
So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:05 - Sep 30 with 2074 viewsexiledclaseboy

Russia's endgame in Syria is to keep Assad in power. They'll bomb whoever it takes to achieve that goal, rebels or ISIS. They won't be bothered. America and the West has set its stall against both Assad and ISIS and thinks it can depose both while still arming and helping the non-ISIS rebels. Idiotic and impossible. There are no "good guys" in the traditional sense in Syria, no black and white. Even Cameron and Obama now reluctantly accept that Assad has to be part of any solution at least temporarily otherwise ISIS wins.

So I return to the question I asked last week. Who would you rather see come out on top in Syria, Assad or ISIS. Saying "neither" really isn't a viable option.

Poll: Tory leader

So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:08 - Sep 30 with 2065 viewsGroo

So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:09 - Sep 30 with 2064 viewslondonlisa2001

So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:05 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

Russia's endgame in Syria is to keep Assad in power. They'll bomb whoever it takes to achieve that goal, rebels or ISIS. They won't be bothered. America and the West has set its stall against both Assad and ISIS and thinks it can depose both while still arming and helping the non-ISIS rebels. Idiotic and impossible. There are no "good guys" in the traditional sense in Syria, no black and white. Even Cameron and Obama now reluctantly accept that Assad has to be part of any solution at least temporarily otherwise ISIS wins.

So I return to the question I asked last week. Who would you rather see come out on top in Syria, Assad or ISIS. Saying "neither" really isn't a viable option.

Agree - it's Sophie's Choice unfortunately, but the rational answer has to be Assad.
So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:10 - Sep 30 with 2062 viewsexiledclaseboy

So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:09 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

Agree - it's Sophie's Choice unfortunately, but the rational answer has to be Assad.

It really is the only sensible answer.

Poll: Tory leader

So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:17 - Sep 30 with 2055 viewsGroo

That video of Putin's speech, he blames the Americans for arming the rebels, he states the rebels are mercenaries and will fight for whoever pays most and takes the American guns with them.

He also criticizes the Americans for bombing ISIS instead of taking sanctions against the oil they sell, the countries buying it, who he says are American allies.

So Russia are bombing Syria on 21:14 - Sep 30 with 1983 viewscontroversial_jack

ISIS are only a part of the problem.
So Russia are bombing Syria on 21:15 - Sep 30 with 1981 viewscontroversial_jack

ISIS are only a part of the problem. If you intend to solve a conflict you cannot pick sides as that just empowers the other side
So Russia are bombing Syria on 22:03 - Sep 30 with 1939 viewsMillJack

So Russia are bombing Syria on 19:08 - Sep 30 by Groo

Don't let Perch watch that video ffs, I think his head would explode.
So Russia are bombing Syria on 08:19 - Oct 1 with 1838 viewsperchrockjack

perch head fine. How s yours and your chums.

Frankly, Putin is just about the last person I d trust in the world..

Right now, its hard to trust anyone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

So Russia are bombing Syria on 10:17 - Oct 1 with 1756 viewstrampie

Obama looking inept compared to Putin judging by recent reports.

If the video subtitles are correct then it seems that Obama is being reminded that Russia supported the Americans in their war of independence against the British [It is said that they traded with them while officially remaining neutral].
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 10:29]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

So Russia are bombing Syria on 10:19 - Oct 1 with 1770 viewsDarran

Everyone's hero Edward Snowden is quiet too but like I've said in the past on here if you've got nothing to say about a country that's anti gays and has shocking rights you're clearly a bit of a c*nt though saying that he's obviously a bit of a c*nt if this forum is anything to go by,American see.

So Russia are bombing Syria on 10:37 - Oct 1 with 1751 viewsLord_Bony

So Russia are bombing Syria on 18:51 - Sep 30 by Flashberryjack

Closing the border and letting them get on with it would mean Isis taking the whole country and becoming the new government.
That would be a nightmare.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

So Russia are bombing Syria on 11:05 - Oct 1 with 1731 viewsblueytheblue

So Russia are bombing Syria on 10:17 - Oct 1 by trampie

Obama looking inept compared to Putin judging by recent reports.

If the video subtitles are correct then it seems that Obama is being reminded that Russia supported the Americans in their war of independence against the British [It is said that they traded with them while officially remaining neutral].
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 10:29]

Obama is and always has been inept.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024