Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartley 11:33 - Nov 24 with 1224 viewsDafyddHuw

Trying to be positive, honest.

Just a few questions regarding our centre back. Would love some sensible answers from anyone who knows more about football than me ( so that'll be most of you).

What's he still doing at the club?

Why was he picked on Saturday? I know Fernandez has been a bit off the pace recently (as have the whole team) but Fernandez at his very worst is still a league ahead of Bartley at his very best.

And if you have to drop Fernandez, then surely you'd go for Amat (remember him?) over Bartley. What's happened to Amat anyway? Not fit? Too Spanish? I can't even remember when I saw him play last. He's not as good as our regular two, but still far more talented than Bartley. If it's because his face doesn't fit (I'd love to think that that's not the case), then GM really has to put personal likes/dislikes to one side if he's to put what he thinks is his best XI out onto the pitch.

Anybody in the know?
Bartley on 12:11 - Nov 24 with 1156 viewsjasper_T

Amat was carrying an injury through early pre-season, and does seem quite prone to them unfortunately. He seems to be fit now, though, and has a reputation among his teammates for being sharp in training (so the Tabanou excuse doesn't apply).

Monk has always favoured Bartley. Given the choice between the two he's always leaned English until he gets a reality check (go back to that drubbing we got in the last friendly before last season).

Amat was immense in the first few games of last year (until injury against Chelsea gave Fernandez his shot, in as bad a 45 minutes of defending as I've seen).It's a shame he's been limited to the odd appearance filling in at left-back or what have you, but it's not entirely Monk's fault.
Bartley on 12:18 - Nov 24 with 1138 viewstomdickharry

Bartley is big so he has the nod,Amat seems to be injury prone bags of talent can't see him getting another contract when his present one expires,same for Bartley.
Bartley on 13:02 - Nov 24 with 1062 viewspencoedjack

No

Its mind boggling how Bartley is at the club and was given a new contract last year.

He is shite.
Bartley on 13:29 - Nov 24 with 1002 viewsjack247

You saw what Bartley can do in his cameo vs Man Utd. It's worth having him on the bench against teams who may go long ball and have a striker who will get the better of Ash physically.

That aside, I can't see how he is any use to us. He certainly had no place starting against a tiki taka style team on Saturday.
Bartley on 13:35 - Nov 24 with 988 viewsUxbridge

Jobbie's not going to like this thread.

I don't get Bartley either. He has the physical attributes. That's about it though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bartley on 13:41 - Nov 24 with 971 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Perhaps they mis-read it and thought they were buying Ross Barkley?
Bartley on 13:49 - Nov 24 with 956 viewsDyfnant

Bartley on 12:18 - Nov 24 by tomdickharry

Bartley is big so he has the nod,Amat seems to be injury prone bags of talent can't see him getting another contract when his present one expires,same for Bartley.

Been on the bench plenty during his time here and can't say I recall him having to be substituted at all due to injuries. Needs more game time whether with us or not.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Bartley on 14:03 - Nov 24 with 933 viewssully49

Big in stature, low on ability, talent more akin the Championship at best, huge liability, I'm disabled and could header the ball better than he could and he should be off loaded asap. Apart from that I quite like him.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

Bartley on 14:07 - Nov 24 with 923 viewslovejuicejack

Like most players he needs plenty of game time before we can really judge how good of bad he is. He was real bad last sat.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 14:07]
Bartley on 17:26 - Nov 24 with 815 viewsJohnw102

Didn't think he was as bad as some are making him out to be, was many times left with a problem as he seemed to be covering Naughton who in my opinion is one of the main problems in defence not an upgrade on AR for me.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Bartley on 18:14 - Nov 24 with 774 viewsWxmJax

I thought he was great at Everton in the cup before he was injured but the way he trudged back and his positioning for the first goal makes it a no from me.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Bartley on 18:38 - Nov 24 with 728 viewsDyfnant

Bartley on 18:14 - Nov 24 by WxmJax

I thought he was great at Everton in the cup before he was injured but the way he trudged back and his positioning for the first goal makes it a no from me.

I recall him sliding repeatedly for the ball in the minutes he played at Everton. Someone that needs to do that so often is either slow of mind or body.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024