Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal 15:16 - Dec 3 with 990 viewsDavillin

[By way of preface, I am neither a Monk-hater nor a Monk-praiser; and this post is not personal.]

1. I do not want Monk to fail because that will more likely than not mean that Swansea City Football Club will fail. Unacceptable. Unbearable.

Sadly and ironically, when he was first made Manager, those who supported the Board in that choice believed that his long tenure with Swansea, and deep and intimate knowledge of "the Swansea Way," insured that he would continue tha fine recent tradition.

Now, I have to wonder whether, after having abandoned that tradition, he has the wisdom and character to change back. For his sake, as well as for the club's and the supporters' sakes, I truly hope he does.

2. Bringing in a new manager now, or in the immediate future, will not guarantee that continuity. Rather, it will more likely be the death blow.

3. There is a certain Quixotic sentimentality buried beneath my cynical exterior that wants this season's chapter in "The Epic of Swansea City" to end with a kind of deus ex machina coming in to save the flawed hero from his probable and otherwise deadly bout with hubris.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 15:21 - Dec 3 with 985 viewsPegojack

Yes, what you said.
Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 15:35 - Dec 3 with 966 viewsWhiterockin

Our success over recent tears has been built on "the Swansea way". By bringing in managers to continue with our style there has been no need to make wholesale changes on the playing front (something we can't afford to do). We have only needed to tweak and improve each season as the players in place suit our style. Monk has drifted from this and we don't have the players in place to adapt. An example of this is bringing Leon back in. HJ has probably said to Monk get back to the basics of our style or I will get someone in who will.
Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 15:37 - Dec 3 with 961 viewsPegojack

I'm nervous as hell about the match on Saturday. The thought that the dream we have been living for the past ten years is about to go into reverse is too horrible to contemplate.

God knows what Monkey is feeling right now....
Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 16:33 - Dec 3 with 906 viewsnantywatcher

Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 15:37 - Dec 3 by Pegojack

I'm nervous as hell about the match on Saturday. The thought that the dream we have been living for the past ten years is about to go into reverse is too horrible to contemplate.

God knows what Monkey is feeling right now....

Out of respect I think you should drop the E
Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 19:24 - Dec 3 with 831 viewsGowerjack

Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 16:33 - Dec 3 by nantywatcher

Out of respect I think you should drop the E

Thinly vailed drugs reference....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 20:23 - Dec 3 with 787 viewsDavillin

In my opinion, the Swans' display at Liverpool, and losing by a questionable penalty, demonstrates that Monk can turn it around with success. But will he?

One thing that worries me is that one of the essential changes he did make for Liverpool was literally pressed on him.

Epictetus said that everything has two handles -- one by which it can be carried and one by which it cannot. Will Monk choose -- first recognise -- the one by which recovery can be carried out? The moment the official lineup against Leicester is made public, we will know.

Trust me when I say that I will have to force myself in mild terror to watch when that comes out.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 20:28 - Dec 3 with 773 viewsSwansNZ

"1. I do not want Monk to fail because that will more likely than not mean that Swansea City Football Club will fail"

That says it all.
Anyone wanting Monk to fail (and there are quite a few), cannot be real Swans supporters.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 20:33 - Dec 3 with 759 viewsswancity

Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 20:28 - Dec 3 by SwansNZ

"1. I do not want Monk to fail because that will more likely than not mean that Swansea City Football Club will fail"

That says it all.
Anyone wanting Monk to fail (and there are quite a few), cannot be real Swans supporters.

Well said, there are quite a few on this website. They know who they are. Strange.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Why I Do Not Want Garry Monk to Fal on 00:26 - Dec 4 with 682 viewsawayjack

There's naturally a short term correlation between Monk's success and our success. This is the win-win scenario for all (well almost all!) fans. However this statement applies to all managers we've had and sometimes we need to replace an individual (e.g Laudrup) in the best interests of the club. The conflict between fans seems to be timing - at what point is any individual that isn't performing - be that Monk, Gomis, Laudrup, KOL or whoever - changed. The conflict now seems to be some fans want to replace Monk sooner to improve our chances of staying up, others would rather back him for longer. The posturing that fans who want change sooner for the benefit of the club are somehow inferior supporters than those that want to wait until Jan (or May) is nonsense. Naturally on match day all fans should give the team on the pitch 100% support but that doesn't mean there's never any change !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024