Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Striker ? 22:40 - Jan 11 with 2859 viewsbonymine

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-forward-search-come-admits-

Looks like Curt is already nicely settled in as Huw's puppet and mouthpiece.

Roughly translated, this means that despite us making numerous and exhaustive enquiries throughout January to sign a quality striker we end up with the square root of f*ck all ?

Hope I'm proved wrong but watch this space eh .....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

New Striker ? on 22:43 - Jan 11 with 2802 viewsjohnadams

Ross McCormack from Fulham or Andre Gray from Burnley .. both is great players.

www.intelligencetips.com https://www.facebook.com/IntelligenceTips-407177749492971/

New Striker ? on 22:45 - Jan 11 with 2784 viewsAngelRangelQS

Doing the whole "needs to be the right player" thing now. Make some enquiries, get knocked back, blame other clubs.

Same noises as every year and like most years I doubt we'll see any real quality added.
New Striker ? on 22:54 - Jan 11 with 2683 viewsbkjack

Jordan Rhodes
New Striker ? on 23:09 - Jan 11 with 2612 viewsraynor94

New Striker ? on 22:54 - Jan 11 by bkjack

Jordan Rhodes

No premier club has fancied a punt, there must be a reason

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New Striker ? on 23:20 - Jan 11 with 2546 viewsmax936

Other teams manage to bring in players, but obviously those players are not deemed good enough for Swansea, Bournemouth have taken a chance on the two they've brought in. but they have done well this season with the ones they had from last season, go and get Roofe from Oxford its a bit of a punt yes, but he's hungry enough pacey enough and can score goals, I'm sure there's others.

We've known all season that we'd probably need to bring someone in, so what the fuk have our scouts been doing ffs, drinking coffee in the new Academy? other teams have been doing their scouting jobs ours obviously haven't if its only now we're looking.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 23:28]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New Striker ? on 23:27 - Jan 11 with 2506 viewsChrisSCFC

New Striker ? on 22:43 - Jan 11 by johnadams

Ross McCormack from Fulham or Andre Gray from Burnley .. both is great players.

New Striker ? on 23:28 - Jan 11 with 2499 viewsChrisSCFC

New Striker ? on 23:09 - Jan 11 by raynor94

Because he's just a lump with no real skills. Doesn't cut it in the Prem.
New Striker ? on 23:37 - Jan 11 with 2444 viewsshimmie

If we sell shelvey to Newcastle it wouldn't necessarily weaken us as he clearly doesn't want to be here. But it would strengthen the toon as he's probably more suited to their style. However if we don't strengthen then it's criminally poor management by the board and we're basically waving the white flag and accepting relegation. The players will feel it, who clearly have no faith in gomis (going forward we play like a back 4 who have no faith in their keeper), and more importantly so will the fans.
Login to get fewer ads

New Striker ? on 23:41 - Jan 11 with 2415 viewsAngelRangelQS

That Roofe is being valued at £2m.

Ex WBA product.

I'd rather see us spend money on him to be quite honest.
New Striker ? on 23:59 - Jan 11 with 2331 viewsmax936

New Striker ? on 23:41 - Jan 11 by AngelRangelQS

That Roofe is being valued at £2m.

Ex WBA product.

I'd rather see us spend money on him to be quite honest.

Other teams are actively looking/bidding for players, all we are hearing is that it might be difficult for us to get deals done, but we are looking, dear me.

I've been convinced that we'll do nothing and it looks like I'm gonna be right, 4 wins and 17 goals from 20 games and we're expecting to win at least 6 with a couple of draws to get us over the line, but using the same players, its a mighty tall order.

It can be done, we're just got to hope that the squad or the 13 /14 players can switch on and work for each other and produce the goods.

New Striker ? on 00:23 - Jan 12 with 2268 viewsAngelRangelQS

Having read that again there's some interesting quotes about Jenkins mentioning players that Curt doesn't think are good enough and/or have bad temperaments. I wonder who they are??
New Striker ? on 00:28 - Jan 12 with 2251 viewsLoyal

New Striker ? on 23:09 - Jan 11 by raynor94

Too old now mate.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

New Striker ? on 07:53 - Jan 12 with 1949 viewsmagicdaps10

I know some on here wont like it or will rubbish the post but i am starting to get the feel that they are saying all the things in readiness for the non arrival of players.

No-one knows the secret formula, wether you get players in or not but the fact that we look lackluster in the final third would suggest the need of a winger or a striker or two.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New Striker ? on 07:57 - Jan 12 with 1929 viewsAngelRangelQS

New Striker ? on 07:53 - Jan 12 by magicdaps10

I know some on here wont like it or will rubbish the post but i am starting to get the feel that they are saying all the things in readiness for the non arrival of players.

No-one knows the secret formula, wether you get players in or not but the fact that we look lackluster in the final third would suggest the need of a winger or a striker or two.

Absolutely agree with you.

Personally I think they're waiting until after these next two games to see whether they can get away with not spending anything at all
New Striker ? on 08:02 - Jan 12 with 1909 viewsmagicdaps10

New Striker ? on 07:57 - Jan 12 by AngelRangelQS

Absolutely agree with you.

Personally I think they're waiting until after these next two games to see whether they can get away with not spending anything at all

Its obvious, been supporting this club for 28years now and have heard it all before from all the different people. There is certainly a wait and see attitude within the club, seems that Trundle, Leighton James and Curtis have all been singing from the same hyme sheet and that sheet was obviously wrote by Mr Huw Jenkins.

Its great to have a strong minded human being when the circumstances are right for that personality but sometimes you have to change your attitude to suit the situation..................................Jenkins is not capable of this.He does not care who he upsets wether its staff,fans or other clubs chairman as long he gets what he wants.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New Striker ? on 08:15 - Jan 12 with 1846 viewslovejuicejack

Not happening is it, I'd have more respect of they just came out with the truth and said we ain't got the money for a striker. I know some ain't gunna like this but Jenkins you are to blame for this mess it rests on your shoulders.
New Striker ? on 08:31 - Jan 12 with 1760 viewsJACKARSE

Do you take a punt ?
Your car has broken down and has been unreliable. It has let you down several times getting you to work and your job is in question. You have a mortgage to pay and bills and need the job. Next year you are in line for a big bonus and pay rise. Your kids are relying on you.
Do you take out a car loan over 3 years and get a new car to go to work so you can get your bonus and pay rise. Maybe even pay it off early.
Or try and muddle through with the old car with the risk of losing your job ?
To my mind it's a no brainer there is too much at stake.
New Striker ? on 08:31 - Jan 12 with 1757 views3swan

The club could well be looking at cheap options, but there's nothing in what AC is quoted as saying that most fans would say.

It is the wrong time to get a quality player.
Why do clubs want to sell
How long before they get up to speed etc

Imo at best we will get a loan player, let's hope that it is one that can give us something different
New Striker ? on 08:38 - Jan 12 with 1719 viewsSwaneeRiver

New Striker ? on 08:02 - Jan 12 by magicdaps10

Its obvious, been supporting this club for 28years now and have heard it all before from all the different people. There is certainly a wait and see attitude within the club, seems that Trundle, Leighton James and Curtis have all been singing from the same hyme sheet and that sheet was obviously wrote by Mr Huw Jenkins.

Its great to have a strong minded human being when the circumstances are right for that personality but sometimes you have to change your attitude to suit the situation..................................Jenkins is not capable of this.He does not care who he upsets wether its staff,fans or other clubs chairman as long he gets what he wants.

I can partly buy what your saying in regards to Trunds and Curtis, both working for the club and want to build the harmony within the club.
However Leighton James has never been backwards at coming forward and would not just say what he thinks the club, or anyone else, wants to hear. Whether his views are right or wrong, controversial or on the button, he always says what he thinks and is often criticized for it.
New Striker ? on 08:40 - Jan 12 with 1698 viewsPrivate_Partz

New Striker ? on 08:31 - Jan 12 by JACKARSE

Do you take a punt ?
Your car has broken down and has been unreliable. It has let you down several times getting you to work and your job is in question. You have a mortgage to pay and bills and need the job. Next year you are in line for a big bonus and pay rise. Your kids are relying on you.
Do you take out a car loan over 3 years and get a new car to go to work so you can get your bonus and pay rise. Maybe even pay it off early.
Or try and muddle through with the old car with the risk of losing your job ?
To my mind it's a no brainer there is too much at stake.

Absolutely spot on. The club is not hundreds of millions in debt like some of it's peers. Why not, within reason, speculate to accumulate. Would it really be the end of the world if we did spend and the club went down with say a 30m debt?It would still be small fry compared to most Championship sides. In my view this does not just apply to players. I would like the majority of spend to have been on a new manager like Beilsa who could have attracted some quality here just by his reputation. We are currently running with a crock of a car with a driver still taking his test.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New Striker ? on 08:52 - Jan 12 with 1635 viewsmax936

New Striker ? on 08:40 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

Absolutely spot on. The club is not hundreds of millions in debt like some of it's peers. Why not, within reason, speculate to accumulate. Would it really be the end of the world if we did spend and the club went down with say a 30m debt?It would still be small fry compared to most Championship sides. In my view this does not just apply to players. I would like the majority of spend to have been on a new manager like Beilsa who could have attracted some quality here just by his reputation. We are currently running with a crock of a car with a driver still taking his test.

In fairness the players Beilsa would want to bring in, would cost us a fortune, which we wouldn't spend Sampaoli would be the same, we just don't have the finances or structure for those type of managers imo.

New Striker ? on 09:21 - Jan 12 with 1562 viewsPrivate_Partz

New Striker ? on 08:52 - Jan 12 by max936

In fairness the players Beilsa would want to bring in, would cost us a fortune, which we wouldn't spend Sampaoli would be the same, we just don't have the finances or structure for those type of managers imo.

You could be right. But.Maybe, just maybe, they would have some Michu type bargains in mind. ML could attract them. I supect Beilsa would have liked that challenge. Also working with our current squad. I doubt the negotiations broke down over the war chest. More likely the length of his contract and how much we were prepared to pay him.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024