Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools 19:46 - Feb 7 with 18953 viewsPhil_S

Stephen Ganavas makes his Planet Swans debut with an article looking at our new manager

Full details at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41959
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 19:56 - Feb 7 with 6880 viewsJackanapes

If I wrote an article appraising an Aussie rules football managerial appointment, it would be similarly clueless.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 19:57 - Feb 7 with 6867 viewsDewi1jack

Not a bad read.
Personally I think he has the players capable of doing what he wants of them. It's just going to take a bit of time and patience.
I hope the Don and his Mob are here next season, it'll be interesting to see what sort of players he can bring in, to complement what he has.

Besides that, nearly all the tools have been shipped out to places like Newcastle and Leicester.

Edit.
I've read and re-read the article and if you delve through it, ignoring certain daft statements, there are some valid points made.
Speed read it and you may actually miss the daft statements 1st time
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 8:09]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:00 - Feb 7 with 6850 viewsjackjackjackjack

I'm backing Guidolin to keep us up. But I can imagine the scenes on here if we don't get many points out the next three games (Southampton home, Spurs and Arsenal away).

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:04 - Feb 7 with 6813 viewsMarottanomics

Brutal. I'd love to know your thoughts then?

Stephen Ganavas - Follow me on Twitter @Marottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:08 - Feb 7 with 6771 viewsVetchitBack

I've said through numerous tenures that we don have the personnel to "defend" a lead by going defensive and inviting pressure and high balls. I actually think Martinez' attack best form of defence approach suited us best.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:10 - Feb 7 with 6759 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:08 - Feb 7 by VetchitBack

I've said through numerous tenures that we don have the personnel to "defend" a lead by going defensive and inviting pressure and high balls. I actually think Martinez' attack best form of defence approach suited us best.

So wrong man, right tools then?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:13 - Feb 7 with 6733 viewsWxmJax

Not the best read. He should have a look at this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/factsheet/en29punc-l1-f-when-to-use-commas

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:15 - Feb 7 with 6701 viewsChief

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:04 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

Brutal. I'd love to know your thoughts then?

What evidence do you have that Guidolin is the right man? Are there any discernable differences thus far between his and Curtis'a teams?

the Shelvey comments I'm struggling too understand the most though, throughout most of the season I've seen him as utterly incapable of playing in a team battling relegation and bring on the back foot.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:15 - Feb 7 with 6698 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:08 - Feb 7 by VetchitBack

But overall that is demonstrably untrue isn't it? We have gained more than we've lost by doing that ever since we first came to the prem. Even our great wins at Arsenal and Chelsea under laudrup were based on defending for our lives and riding our luck.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:19 - Feb 7 with 6657 viewslondonlisa2001

Oh dear God.
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:19 - Feb 7 with 6657 viewsVetchitBack

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:10 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

So wrong man, right tools then?

Right man if he keeps us up regardless.

I'm sure he'll tweak his approach to suit our strengths. I hope anyway.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:21 - Feb 7 with 6649 viewsMervyn

Almost a win at wba.....close call yesterday.......with a bit more luck we would have taken four more points.....wonder how this article would have been written then.

Really enjoyed our games of late looking forward to getting one over the Saints and edging a little closer to safety......GUIDOLINS BARMY ARMY
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:23 - Feb 7 with 6631 viewsVetchitBack

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:15 - Feb 7 by monmouth

But overall that is demonstrably untrue isn't it? We have gained more than we've lost by doing that ever since we first came to the prem. Even our great wins at Arsenal and Chelsea under laudrup were based on defending for our lives and riding our luck.

Neither of us can know where'd we be or what we'd have done if we'd changed tactics over the course of our Premier campaign.

Also do you think we're better suited to inviting high balls as opposed to keeping possession high up the pitch?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 20:29]

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:25 - Feb 7 with 6603 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:15 - Feb 7 by Chief

What evidence do you have that Guidolin is the right man? Are there any discernable differences thus far between his and Curtis'a teams?

the Shelvey comments I'm struggling too understand the most though, throughout most of the season I've seen him as utterly incapable of playing in a team battling relegation and bring on the back foot.

Watched a lot of his Udinese. Curtis did not have a clear philosophy in his few games in charge.

With Guidolin, he is at least trying to put in place some structures based around getting this team with these players, to Premier League safety. I don't particularly think the group of players he has as a whole is geared well towards a particular style and he is making do with what he has at his disposal.

You've got stylistic mids, then Gomis up top who has the first touch of an elephant. It doesn't quite compute. Guidolin's trying to make our attacks more direct, while playing our midfield deeper and deeper.

As far as Shelvey is concerned, I still think he had so much to offer to the club purely from a playing viewpoint. There were clearly other issues involved, but as an all-around midfielder he is far better than what we've got now.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:26 - Feb 7 with 6592 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:19 - Feb 7 by londonlisa2001

Oh dear God.

Read the article now. Nothing to add to Lisa's comment.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:27 - Feb 7 with 6574 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:21 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

Almost a win at wba.....close call yesterday.......with a bit more luck we would have taken four more points.....wonder how this article would have been written then.

Really enjoyed our games of late looking forward to getting one over the Saints and edging a little closer to safety......GUIDOLINS BARMY ARMY

Even if we'd snagged all 4 wins 1-0, the underlying issues still remained. If you look at expected goals maps from the Everton match you will understand the types of issues I am talking about, conceding way too many chances in danger zones central. Not helped by a tired and slow midfield.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:30 - Feb 7 with 6548 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:27 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

Even if we'd snagged all 4 wins 1-0, the underlying issues still remained. If you look at expected goals maps from the Everton match you will understand the types of issues I am talking about, conceding way too many chances in danger zones central. Not helped by a tired and slow midfield.

What about unexpected goals maps from danger zones peripheral? How do they look?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:31 - Feb 7 with 6534 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:25 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

Watched a lot of his Udinese. Curtis did not have a clear philosophy in his few games in charge.

With Guidolin, he is at least trying to put in place some structures based around getting this team with these players, to Premier League safety. I don't particularly think the group of players he has as a whole is geared well towards a particular style and he is making do with what he has at his disposal.

You've got stylistic mids, then Gomis up top who has the first touch of an elephant. It doesn't quite compute. Guidolin's trying to make our attacks more direct, while playing our midfield deeper and deeper.

As far as Shelvey is concerned, I still think he had so much to offer to the club purely from a playing viewpoint. There were clearly other issues involved, but as an all-around midfielder he is far better than what we've got now.

The only thing "all-around" about Shelvey is his beer belly.

Can't defend, can't run, definition of a luxury player the rest of the team has to carry.
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:35 - Feb 7 with 6490 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't know what this means. Expected goal maps? Danger zones central? W. T. F.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 20:35]

Poll: Tory leader

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:37 - Feb 7 with 6454 viewslovejuicejack

Read your article and is hard to disagree with most of it, I've said for years our pace is to pedestrian in the Premier, you can get away with it in the lower leagues but not here. Our midfield used to be technical but powderpuff now we ain't even technical, our defense is lucky dip and apart from Leon there is very little dog in the mid field. Ki has been kidnapped by aliens. Jjs physically a good player when he wants mentally he's a 5 yr old, had to go.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 20:38]
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:37 - Feb 7 with 6447 viewsDavillin

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:23 - Feb 7 by VetchitBack

Neither of us can know where'd we be or what we'd have done if we'd changed tactics over the course of our Premier campaign.

Also do you think we're better suited to inviting high balls as opposed to keeping possession high up the pitch?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 20:29]

re: 1st paragraph. As I have written on here often, the past is at least as hard to predict as the future.

re: the article of the o.p. First article on Planet Swans. Need to get attention. Results in this kind of article.

Re: 2nd paragraph. In all the years I have followed the Swans, they have never been suited to invite high balls, especially as opposed to keeping possession high up the pitch.

They have been able to use good defensive tactics, iron discipline, and high intensity, in defense.

It is not my preference to be unkind, but I have to say that as I read this article I concluded that it is about another team in another time-space continuum.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:38 - Feb 7 with 6435 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:35 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

I don't know what this means. Expected goal maps? Danger zones central? W. T. F.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:39 - Feb 7 with 6421 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:38 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

How many goals did Everton score?

Poll: Tory leader

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:39 - Feb 7 with 6401 viewsDarran

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:35 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

I was thinking about something like this reading the Ditch The Diamond thread earlier,people don't half over analyse things these days aye with their diamond Christmas tree with one in the hole bollox and all that.
It's a simple game just got out on the green stuff,play a bit of football,get the ball forward and stick it in the f*cking net.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:40 - Feb 7 with 6392 viewsVetchitBack

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:37 - Feb 7 by Davillin

re: 1st paragraph. As I have written on here often, the past is at least as hard to predict as the future.

re: the article of the o.p. First article on Planet Swans. Need to get attention. Results in this kind of article.

Re: 2nd paragraph. In all the years I have followed the Swans, they have never been suited to invite high balls, especially as opposed to keeping possession high up the pitch.

They have been able to use good defensive tactics, iron discipline, and high intensity, in defense.

It is not my preference to be unkind, but I have to say that as I read this article I concluded that it is about another team in another time-space continuum.

Are you trying to tell me we're not suited to high balls as that was my point?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024