Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aston Villa? 23:32 - Apr 9 with 3195 viewsDarran

Just wondering how many on here can remember them not being in the top division?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Aston Villa? on 23:39 - Apr 9 with 2488 viewsSwansNZ

Yep - they got relegated a few years after winning the European cup - mid-eighties.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Aston Villa? on 23:40 - Apr 9 with 2487 viewsNeathJack

Late eighties wasn't it. Billy McNeil?
Aston Villa? on 23:42 - Apr 9 with 2470 viewsOldjack

70's they battered us at xmas time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Aston Villa? on 23:42 - Apr 9 with 2465 viewsdobjack2

1967 (I think) we played them in third don't remember much about it.
Aston Villa? on 00:12 - Apr 10 with 2396 viewsswan65split

Aston Villa? on 23:42 - Apr 9 by dobjack2

1967 (I think) we played them in third don't remember much about it.

71 boxing day......andy lochead etc div 3 they were leaders 1-0 lost
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 0:12]
Aston Villa? on 00:16 - Apr 10 with 2361 viewsmonmouth

Remember them beating us 2-1 at the Vetch early 70s division 3. Some bald tw*t up front (was that Lockhead?)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Aston Villa? on 00:27 - Apr 10 with 2328 viewsDarran

It's a good point thought isn't it does anyone currently see them bouncing back next season?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Aston Villa? on 01:10 - Apr 10 with 2266 viewsCooperman

Aston Villa? on 00:27 - Apr 10 by Darran

It's a good point thought isn't it does anyone currently see them bouncing back next season?

I think there is more chance of another relegation rather than a bounce back promotion.
The club is already in debt and will be asset stripped in order to cut losses and that will only lead to an even weaker first XI.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Aston Villa? on 01:27 - Apr 10 with 2246 viewsImAlrightJack

1986-87 season was their last previous relegation.

They have been dicing with this for years; whenever it looked like they would be going down, they always pulled the rabbit out of the hat whenever it looked like the chips were down.

Won't miss them, they are these days like a piece of cr@p that refuses to flush down a toilet.

Newcastle will always be to me the 12 point bottlers, with Villa being the boring team that offered zero entertainment to the league; at least Wigan made it all the more exciting.
Aston Villa? on 01:38 - Apr 10 with 2236 viewsImAlrightJack

Their protests are pathetic to say the least, just don't turn up!!!.

"We just don't think you understand!". Understand what exactly!?

"Out the door on 74!"... "From European nights, to relegation fights!"; even their supporters rhyming is as cringeworthy like the team. They're not even down yet either thanks to Palace!.

Oh my god.... https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/AVPG
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 1:44]
Aston Villa? on 01:44 - Apr 10 with 2219 viewsswan65split

Aston Villa? on 00:16 - Apr 10 by monmouth

Remember them beating us 2-1 at the Vetch early 70s division 3. Some bald tw*t up front (was that Lockhead?)

yep it was 2-1
Aston Villa? on 01:46 - Apr 10 with 2206 viewsImAlrightJack

"Banners out on 74!". That's another one I hate.
Aston Villa? on 02:07 - Apr 10 with 2183 viewsBrynmill_Jack

They were in division 2 when Alan Macinally was their striker

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Aston Villa? on 17:06 - Apr 10 with 1997 viewsSheffieldjack

Aston Villa? on 01:44 - Apr 10 by swan65split

yep it was 2-1

I was a youngster on the North Bank and in front of me were two Aston Villa fans. One of them was totally blind but stood next to his friend who gave him a running commentary all through the whole game. I remember being amazed at such fan loyalty.
Aston Villa? on 17:12 - Apr 10 with 1973 viewsairedale

Aston Villa? on 17:06 - Apr 10 by Sheffieldjack

I was a youngster on the North Bank and in front of me were two Aston Villa fans. One of them was totally blind but stood next to his friend who gave him a running commentary all through the whole game. I remember being amazed at such fan loyalty.

I wouldn't have stood on the North Bank as an away supporter. Perhaps his mate didn't tell him where they were standing?
Aston Villa? on 17:14 - Apr 10 with 1957 viewsHighjack

I don't think they've got terribly bad players, they just seem completely drained of all sorts of confidence.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Aston Villa? on 17:18 - Apr 10 with 1951 viewsKilkennyjack

They will bounce back next season. Need the right manager - so not Monk.

Beware of the Risen People

Aston Villa? on 17:19 - Apr 10 with 1949 viewsoldgrey

That was an interesting day. The Villa fans arrived on the north bank early and chased the small boys and stragglers into the west stand. Then around 2:45 the lads arrived led i think by Buller. From the relative safety of the west stand we could see the ensuing battles as the protagonists fought it out. Think alan williams was our captain that day. If we had won that one, we would have been well placed for a Div 2 return as we had a strong team that year.
Aston Villa? on 17:26 - Apr 10 with 1935 viewsPrivate_Partz

Aston Villa? on 23:42 - Apr 9 by Oldjack

70's they battered us at xmas time

I remember the Boxing Day match. Our crowds weren't great that season but the world and his wife decided to turn up. 24k packed into the Vetch. I was on the open bank and it pi$$ed down. Andy Lockheart was their centre forward? It may have been an earlier match than the one you are thinking about, I was very young at the time you understand. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Aston Villa? on 17:33 - Apr 10 with 1917 viewsWingstandwood

Will always remember this fantastic goal 100 mph stuff! Blitzkrieg!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 17:35]

Argus!

Aston Villa? on 14:09 - Apr 11 with 1795 viewsWxmJax

Early 70's when they were in the old 3rd division I can remember them being on match of the day against Ted McDougal's Bournemouth 1st v 2nd. I think there were 48,000 in the ground which is probably still a record.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Aston Villa? on 14:31 - Apr 11 with 1755 viewsPegojack

Looking forward to seeing them go through the trap door, hopefully along with Toon and Slumberland. The less 'big' clubs in the Premiership, the better our chances of survival for another season. I'd be quite happy with Burnley, Boro and Brighton coming up.

Plus there are several Villians in this neck of the woods who've always given it large when I've mentioned being a Swans supporter. Payback is a bitch.
Aston Villa? on 14:36 - Apr 11 with 1745 viewsjackjackjackjack

The Aston Villa scenario shows what american investment can do for a club.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Aston Villa? on 14:55 - Apr 11 with 1714 viewsClinton

Andy Lochead was a hard man, who played for e few clubs. Had a reputation for heading defenders heads so they didn't fancy the challenge, before scoring headed goals later in the match. Ron Harris rated him as one of the hardest opponents he met.
Laughed at such things at the time, but better consigned to history, I think.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Aston Villa? on 14:57 - Apr 11 with 1710 viewsbuilthjack

Aston Villa? on 17:26 - Apr 10 by Private_Partz

I remember the Boxing Day match. Our crowds weren't great that season but the world and his wife decided to turn up. 24k packed into the Vetch. I was on the open bank and it pi$$ed down. Andy Lockheart was their centre forward? It may have been an earlier match than the one you are thinking about, I was very young at the time you understand. ;-)

Great atmosphere that day, full,to bursting

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024