Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Cup Winners 2013 00:20 - Jul 26 with 3779 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Anyone else out there think we have taken giant leaps backwards, since the glory days of Bradford 5-0 & playing Malmo, Petrolul Ploesti, St Gallen, Kuban Krasnador, Valencia & Napoli? Instead we raving about beating Bristol Rovers. God help us. Long hard season without major investment. I know you can't live in the past, but on this forum site & every week at every game someone says look how far we have come, which is true, but look how far we are going in reverse! :'(

This post has been edited by an administrator

Happy Days :-)

League Cup Winners 2013 on 06:55 - Jul 26 with 2849 viewsbuilthjack

Huge season ahead, which could make or break us.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:06 - Jul 26 with 2830 viewsswansealad69

Huge step back
That team we had that season was quality and played some off the best football anywhere u would see
I'm intrested on why ml left
Much was said he lost it and was his fault
Now I don't know but we were in a great position and could have gone on to win the cup as we were a very good side.
Struggling mid table due to the extra games and if I'm not mistaken had 11 players out injured.
Now ml would have needed new players to carry on with in Jan and would have given his list to huw.
Does anyone think that emness or ngog (sory for the spelling) would have been on that list?
Ml wanted to win in Europe and we could have but for lack off faith and investment
Ml does 1 and the board get off with it
Ml blamed board bring in Monk on the cheap
Cheap signings gain credit for our euro run finish above mid table
Board laughing.
Now that's only my take.
League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:30 - Jul 26 with 2804 viewsjack247

League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:06 - Jul 26 by swansealad69

Huge step back
That team we had that season was quality and played some off the best football anywhere u would see
Now I don't know but we were in a great position and could have gone on to win the cup as we were a very good side.
Struggling mid table due to the extra games and if I'm not mistaken had 11 players out injured.
Now ml would have needed new players to carry on with in Jan and would have given his list to huw.
Does anyone think that emness or ngog (sory for the spelling) would have been on that list?
Ml wanted to win in Europe and we could have but for lack off faith and investment
Board laughing.
Now that's only my take.

There is no point rewriting history.

He had an incredible first season. Lost interest in the second season. Lost the dressing room.

Personally, I think he probably agreed budgets before joining, but then after massively exceeding expectations, wanted to take us to the next level and wasn't giving the extra funding he thought the first season deserved. Whether that is accurate or the rights and the wrongs from both sides is up for debate.

Either way, he has a history of either walking out of clubs or getting sacked early on. He was never going to stay for long.
League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:33 - Jul 26 with 2794 viewstaffpunk

Off the field, that was the season you should have expanded. People in the Valleys who weren't even into Welsh football that much started to look out for your results, and wanted to go and watch you. Now they've gone back to 'supporting' Man U , Liverpool, Chelsea etc...though quite a lot took their kids to watch Cardiff last season when tickets were free. You lost a lot of potential new fans due to your board's reluctance to expand.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:46 - Jul 26 with 2760 viewsswansealad69

League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:33 - Jul 26 by taffpunk

Off the field, that was the season you should have expanded. People in the Valleys who weren't even into Welsh football that much started to look out for your results, and wanted to go and watch you. Now they've gone back to 'supporting' Man U , Liverpool, Chelsea etc...though quite a lot took their kids to watch Cardiff last season when tickets were free. You lost a lot of potential new fans due to your board's reluctance to expand.

Agree
We have a corrupt crap council who care little about improving our city
And a board who are still living as if we are lower league
Now new owners who leave the running of there club to huw who won't spend money
Backwards we have been going since ml
League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:05 - Jul 26 with 2716 viewsRancid

We can still win over the floating Welsh football supporter.Fans are fickle.We'd need to expand the stadium sharpish though, obviously.Ok, we missed a trick in previous seasons not expanding but these 'fans' that choose to watch Cardiff for free last season would surely prefer to watch the Jacks in the Premier League the next.There's no doubt about it, our failure to expand the ground has held us back off the pitch but we're still Premier League and that in itself is a huge draw and opportunity for us to become the 'bigger' club we've all wanted to be.

I'd take a poor season and Premiership survival with little spent on players for the chance to expand to 30k all day and every day.Maybe we can't afford to break our transfer record and expand all in one season.
League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:13 - Jul 26 with 2693 viewsgrabsplatter

League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:46 - Jul 26 by swansealad69

Agree

If the council hadn't built the Liberty we would never have got to the premier league
League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:17 - Jul 26 with 2677 viewsmonmouth

League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:46 - Jul 26 by swansealad69

Agree

You have to remember that the objective has been to cash out for a long time. Maybe the gamble and headaches of stadium expansion was one that they were content to leave to someone else, and the council/ospreys crap would have possibly put it into the 'too difficult' box too. That's a bit harsh of course as they did build the academy infrastructure thank god, so if it goes tits up at least we have some infrastructure.

Taff punk is spot on though. The summer after the cup win was the time to bite this bullet.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:30 - Jul 26 with 2626 views3swan

With our finance (or lack of it) it is always going to be difficult to ‘take the next step’ whatever that is.
It is becoming more and more difficult to be a mid table side, as other clubs are prepared to go into debt to achieve the same.
Have we gone backwards?
Hard to answer, as we have stood still while others have improved, but one thing I am certain about is the football is less enjoyable.
One final thing to add. Since the Cup Final I would dread to try and add up the money we have wasted on wrong buys and paying players off
League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:35 - Jul 26 with 2600 viewsraynor94

League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:17 - Jul 26 by monmouth

You have to remember that the objective has been to cash out for a long time. Maybe the gamble and headaches of stadium expansion was one that they were content to leave to someone else, and the council/ospreys crap would have possibly put it into the 'too difficult' box too. That's a bit harsh of course as they did build the academy infrastructure thank god, so if it goes tits up at least we have some infrastructure.

Taff punk is spot on though. The summer after the cup win was the time to bite this bullet.

In fairness Mon, we did sign Wilf that summer which smashed our transfer record

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:43 - Jul 26 with 2571 viewsUplandsJack

Funny thing is that I was only watching that cup run the other night...
We played with such pace and exciting football in that season it was certainly a season to cherish.
I truely believe between the boards reluctance to invest in player recruitment and the poor/cheap appointment of Monk we have gone back 4 or 5 years.
HJ fell out with Laudrup towards the end of that fantastic season over his agent Tutumlu.
I was told that HJ wanted Laudrup gone that Summer but couldn't get the support of other board members.
Either way, Looking back its such a shame to think of the possible heights we could have rose to if things had worked out differently. For me HJ has held this club back for the past 3 years or so and as long as he remains at the helm will continue to do so....
I take nothing away from what he and the rest of the board including the trust have done over the years but it's time to go Huw.....
League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:50 - Jul 26 with 2553 viewsmonmouth

League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:35 - Jul 26 by raynor94

In fairness Mon, we did sign Wilf that summer which smashed our transfer record

So we did. That's the problem though, there's always a reason not to/trade off. I would have liked to have seen it done with a ring fenced commercial loan. Player budget could then have been largely untouched as we pay back essentially a manageable mortgage over the next 25 or 50 years. If we'd expanded without this insane insistence that we have to own it, then I think it would have been financially manageable and we would be more likely to have been able to get to a workable accommodation with the council/ospreys.

League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:57 - Jul 26 with 2524 viewsUplandsJack

And let's be honest here, Ive read what most of you have written over the striker/ Allen threads and most of you are saying all but the same thing without actually saying it.
HJ and Co have stitched up the Trust and thus the fans, big time for their own personal benefit.
This has been going on for a lot longer than we realised. The trust was a vital part of the machine in the early days but as we rose through the leagues it became more of initially an annoyance and then latterly an irrelevance. This was finally proved in the way this sale was handled....
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 9:01]
League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:58 - Jul 26 with 2514 viewsUplandsJack

League Cup Winners 2013 on 08:50 - Jul 26 by monmouth

So we did. That's the problem though, there's always a reason not to/trade off. I would have liked to have seen it done with a ring fenced commercial loan. Player budget could then have been largely untouched as we pay back essentially a manageable mortgage over the next 25 or 50 years. If we'd expanded without this insane insistence that we have to own it, then I think it would have been financially manageable and we would be more likely to have been able to get to a workable accommodation with the council/ospreys.

This exactly....
League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:00 - Jul 26 with 2504 viewsicecoldjack

We missed a trick by not all working together to sort out problems.
Jenkins should have stopped just listening to monk and ash and banged all heads together
Under Laudrup we could have signed players from all over the world for decent money but parochialism got in the way.

A shame how it ended , we missed out massively by being small minded and since then have struggled to maintain the swansea way.
League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:19 - Jul 26 with 2458 viewspencoedjack

That season also included 2 of the best performances in the 30 + years I have seen watching the Swans.

QPR away and West Brom home we were unplayable in both games.

So yes we have gone backwards ..... although the end of last season showed massive improvements from the shite served up under Monk
League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:32 - Jul 26 with 2416 viewslifelong

Christ, it's depressing reading this forum lately, I dread to think what it will be like if we lose our first 4 or 5 games this season.
League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:40 - Jul 26 with 2390 viewsUplandsJack

League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:19 - Jul 26 by pencoedjack

That season also included 2 of the best performances in the 30 + years I have seen watching the Swans.

QPR away and West Brom home we were unplayable in both games.

So yes we have gone backwards ..... although the end of last season showed massive improvements from the shite served up under Monk

Yes what amazing games they were.
I recall the heat at qpr on that opening day game. Standing there in amazement as we took them apart.
But the first half against WBA will stand out for me.... We ripped them apart. 2 nil up within 10 mins or so.... they were being tipped for good things that season under Steve Clark.
League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:50 - Jul 26 with 2360 viewsmonmouth

League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:32 - Jul 26 by lifelong

Christ, it's depressing reading this forum lately, I dread to think what it will be like if we lose our first 4 or 5 games this season.

Lately? Huh?

League Cup Winners 2013 on 10:31 - Jul 26 with 2273 viewsLoyal

League Cup Winners 2013 on 07:06 - Jul 26 by swansealad69

Huge step back
Board laughing.
Now that's only my take.

HJ sacked him on a personal level IMO and not in the best interests of the club.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

League Cup Winners 2013 on 11:49 - Jul 26 with 2198 viewslifelong

League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:50 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Lately? Huh?

Innit? A few short months ago we beat Everton away, Arsenal away,Chelsea home, Liverpool home and hammered West Ham away 4-1.
If these are backward steps let's hope for a few more this season eh?
League Cup Winners 2013 on 11:55 - Jul 26 with 2186 viewsmonmouth

League Cup Winners 2013 on 11:49 - Jul 26 by lifelong

Innit? A few short months ago we beat Everton away, Arsenal away,Chelsea home, Liverpool home and hammered West Ham away 4-1.
If these are backward steps let's hope for a few more this season eh?

Nailed on for relegation without Joe Allen and Wilf Bony though.

League Cup Winners 2013 on 12:04 - Jul 26 with 2153 viewsHighjack

We haven't gone as far backwards as precious winners Birmingham, or indeed fa cup winners Wigan and Portsmouth.

We could be in a far worse position and be more backwards than 1927 winners Cardiff.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

League Cup Winners 2013 on 12:17 - Jul 26 with 2126 viewsicecoldjack

League Cup Winners 2013 on 12:04 - Jul 26 by Highjack

We haven't gone as far backwards as precious winners Birmingham, or indeed fa cup winners Wigan and Portsmouth.

We could be in a far worse position and be more backwards than 1927 winners Cardiff.

That is true but unlike pompy and brum we don't have dodgy owners .
League Cup Winners 2013 on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 2057 viewsPhaedrus

League Cup Winners 2013 on 09:32 - Jul 26 by lifelong

There should be a link to Euthansia at the top of the site.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024