Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eisteddfod 2016 22:11 - Jul 29 with 2912 viewsmorningstar

Where does the hypocrisy start here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36923420

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:13 - Jul 29 with 1963 viewsDarran

I'm starting to agree with Piers Morgan myself.
Load of bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:32 - Jul 29 with 1890 viewsjackportis

Prehistoric nonsense. Should be knocked on the head and take Urdd with it. For me this is the depressing memory of learning Welsh in school. No thank you

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:40 - Jul 29 with 1844 viewsBanosswan

Again, as a Welsh speaker I'm f@cked off by this response.

Rather than take an opportunity to welcome the Welsh team, encourage the non Welsh speakers to learn a few lines to speak to the crowd and obviously reward fluent Welsh speakers Arron Ramsey and Ben Davies (there may be others, apologies if I've missed any) in the tradition of the gorsedd, the 'tradition' must be upheld.

All it does is fuel anti Welsh language feeling.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 22:42]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:44 - Jul 29 with 1827 viewssomersetsimon

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:32 - Jul 29 by jackportis

Prehistoric nonsense. Should be knocked on the head and take Urdd with it. For me this is the depressing memory of learning Welsh in school. No thank you

Can't see the issue here. The Eisteddfod has always been about a celebration of the Welsh language through poetry and song. Can't see the connection with football, no matter how well the team did.

It would be like inviting the England team to Last Night of the Proms (in the unlikely event they were to do anything)
Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:48 - Jul 29 with 1802 viewsItchySphincter

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:13 - Jul 29 by Darran

I'm starting to agree with Piers Morgan myself.
Load of bollox.

Yes it's beyond ridiculous but the fact that this tw@t sees the language as a weapon sums up the parochial Welshy crowd. Horrible.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:48 - Jul 29 with 1801 viewsskippyjack

F*cking ell.. when did we start speaking English?.. when old mythical Gruffydd popped his clogs?.. The 'real' Welsh language is a myth anyway.. The Romans and Picts/Celts reformed and created a new language, due to the Romans opening their education institutions for the indigenous folk.. then the English took over..

The Welsh language is a Roman dialect, with Pictish and Celt spin offs.. Welsh is more Latin than true Pictish tongue.

Possibly the most insignificant, hypocritical language about.. costs us billions an all.

(Lohengrin shakes his head in agreement)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:49 - Jul 29 with 1798 viewsItchySphincter

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:48 - Jul 29 by skippyjack

F*cking ell.. when did we start speaking English?.. when old mythical Gruffydd popped his clogs?.. The 'real' Welsh language is a myth anyway.. The Romans and Picts/Celts reformed and created a new language, due to the Romans opening their education institutions for the indigenous folk.. then the English took over..

The Welsh language is a Roman dialect, with Pictish and Celt spin offs.. Welsh is more Latin than true Pictish tongue.

Possibly the most insignificant, hypocritical language about.. costs us billions an all.

(Lohengrin shakes his head in agreement)

Fool.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:52 - Jul 29 with 1786 viewsskippyjack

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:49 - Jul 29 by ItchySphincter

Fool.

Welsh is Latin.. it's just an interpretation difference.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:10 - Jul 29 with 1743 viewsmorningstar

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:44 - Jul 29 by somersetsimon

Can't see the issue here. The Eisteddfod has always been about a celebration of the Welsh language through poetry and song. Can't see the connection with football, no matter how well the team did.

It would be like inviting the England team to Last Night of the Proms (in the unlikely event they were to do anything)

Is Last Night of the Proms a celebration of the English language? So it's not the same is it? But hey! They honoured the English queen, so that's nice isn't it. The head of an institution that took away their Welsh independence. They take money at the door from everyone and anyone who coughs up no matter what language they speak, and likewise openly invite choirs and artists from all over the world to perform although they are non Welsh, and the only Welsh they know is taught verbatimly in order for entry. If it was a celebration of the Welsh language by Welsh speakers for Welsh speakers only, then you'd kind of have a point. But it's not, so you don't.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:18 - Jul 29 with 1728 viewsKilkennyjack

This years nominations needed to be in by end of Feb. Nobody nominated the welsh team in Feb. If they get nominated post Euro16 then its next years eisteddfod on Ynys Mon that will get the gig.

Btw the only current non welsh speaker member is the fecking queen of england.

I think the idea to name the Cardiff wales airport the Gareth Bale airport would be fun.

Nothing here to see ...

Beware of the Risen People

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:26 - Jul 29 with 1686 viewsmax936

As a proud Welshman the Eisteddfod is part of Welsh Heritage and long may it continue and I could give a feck what anyone else says, Thanks Very Much.

I'm also ashamed to say that I can't speak Welsh and unfortunately I've left it to late in life to learn now, plus I haven't the time or the patience to try and learn it now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:27 - Jul 29 with 1685 viewsbuilthjack

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:18 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

This years nominations needed to be in by end of Feb. Nobody nominated the welsh team in Feb. If they get nominated post Euro16 then its next years eisteddfod on Ynys Mon that will get the gig.

Btw the only current non welsh speaker member is the fecking queen of england.

I think the idea to name the Cardiff wales airport the Gareth Bale airport would be fun.

Nothing here to see ...

The old gel needs to take some lessons

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:34 - Jul 29 with 1667 viewsswanstillidai

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:26 - Jul 29 by max936

As a proud Welshman the Eisteddfod is part of Welsh Heritage and long may it continue and I could give a feck what anyone else says, Thanks Very Much.

I'm also ashamed to say that I can't speak Welsh and unfortunately I've left it to late in life to learn now, plus I haven't the time or the patience to try and learn it now.

...and because that as a mature adult, you have realised there's absolutely no f*cking point in learning it either 👍
Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:42 - Jul 29 with 1651 viewsmax936

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:34 - Jul 29 by swanstillidai

...and because that as a mature adult, you have realised there's absolutely no f*cking point in learning it either 👍

Nope I work with a chap that is fluent and its spoken at the places that I go to work in and being a nosey bastard I feel that Iam missing out

On a serious note Wales is the Country of my birth and I should be able to speak its language, that's my feeling anyway.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 23:44]

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:44 - Jul 29 with 1638 viewsswanstillidai

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:42 - Jul 29 by max936

Nope I work with a chap that is fluent and its spoken at the places that I go to work in and being a nosey bastard I feel that Iam missing out

On a serious note Wales is the Country of my birth and I should be able to speak its language, that's my feeling anyway.

True.

He's probably calling you all the c*nts going to your face and you don't even realise it.

That's what they normally do.
Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:48 - Jul 29 with 1622 viewsMagicDaps

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:44 - Jul 29 by somersetsimon

Perhaps the Welsh language being heard by more around the world then ever before with the national anthem but also songs like Calon Lan being sung in full voice.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:50 - Jul 29 with 1613 viewsBanosswan

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:44 - Jul 29 by swanstillidai

True.

He's probably calling you all the c*nts going to your face and you don't even realise it.

'They'

Fck, it's not us and them!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:55 - Jul 29 with 1596 viewsswanstillidai

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:50 - Jul 29 by Banosswan

'They'

Fck, it's not us and them!

'They' think they are superior to non welsh speaker's.

I know what I'm on about here - I have family in Blaenau Ffestiniog.

C*nts, the lot of them.
Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:56 - Jul 29 with 1589 viewsmax936

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:44 - Jul 29 by swanstillidai

True.

Nah he thinks the world of me.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 00:02 - Jul 30 with 1571 viewsItchySphincter

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:42 - Jul 29 by max936

....but you can't be arsed. Same here.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 00:18 - Jul 30 with 1543 viewsBanosswan

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:55 - Jul 29 by swanstillidai

'They' think they are superior to non welsh speaker's.

I know what I'm on about here - I have family in Blaenau Ffestiniog.

C*nts, the lot of them.

Speaker's?

Eisteddfod 2016 on 00:23 - Jul 30 with 1528 viewsItchySphincter

Eisteddfod 2016 on 00:18 - Jul 30 by Banosswan

Speaker's?

You know what he means. Gogs are oddballs.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 00:45 - Jul 30 with 1502 viewslifelong

Eisteddfod 2016 on 23:26 - Jul 29 by max936

You're never too old to learn Steve, there's a very good course on the net.. Saysomethinginwelsh.com, you can download the lessons to your phone.
Eisteddfod 2016 on 01:26 - Jul 30 with 1446 viewsswanstillidai

Eisteddfod 2016 on 00:18 - Jul 30 by Banosswan

Speaker's?

Apologies for the (incorrect) autocorrect on my new tablet.

Oh, and thanks for proving my theory of a Welsh speakers superiority complex 😉
Eisteddfod 2016 on 06:52 - Jul 30 with 1370 viewsGoldminer

What;s the Welsh word for microwave?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024