Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fear of Death 11:17 - Sep 2 with 2374 viewsperchrockjack

Anyone admit to this. If so,why.

Programme last night on NHS thought provoking as so many now in the 60s ,like me, would have normally died or ended up with a cancer, disease or fatal illness then untreatable.

We re living longer but maybe we re not mentally capable of handling it.

Both my parents and my other s half s mother wouldn't mind dying anytime soon as they believe their life has run its course. They feel useless and futile . Bodies have broken down or mind has ; its a collision course.

Religion was invented to give us succour over facing death.

Not a subject lightly discussed as the following replies will show

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The fear of Death on 11:20 - Sep 2 with 1578 viewsLord_Bony

Is there life after death as a great man once asked?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The fear of Death on 11:28 - Sep 2 with 1557 viewsperchrockjack

Its a view that cannot be proven but one held very close by many, I remember being brought up to fear God but then to give my heart to JESUS to save me from eternal damnation. FEAR...

I'm AGNOSTIC Id love there to be an afterlife

I noted porters ,last night, in this prog doing their fantastic work. Made me think

The fear of Death on 12:16 - Sep 2 with 1518 viewsHighjack

I hope there's not an afterlife. I don't want to have to spend eternity with only pricks like Derek acorah to talk to or have yvette fielding asking me to tap once for yes twice for no all the time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The fear of Death on 13:07 - Sep 2 with 1453 viewsItchySphincter

The fear of Death on 12:16 - Sep 2 by Highjack

I hope there's not an afterlife. I don't want to have to spend eternity with only pricks like Derek acorah to talk to or have yvette fielding asking me to tap once for yes twice for no all the time.

I hope I get old and die in my sleep before I start sh!tting myself regularly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The fear of Death on 14:09 - Sep 2 with 1392 viewsmonmouth

The fear of Death on 13:07 - Sep 2 by ItchySphincter

I hope I get old and die in my sleep before I start sh!tting myself regularly.

Indeed.

I also hope there's no reincarnation. Wouldn't want to go through all this crap again.

Why do people worry about what happens after death? We don't waste time worrying about what happened before we were born. It'll be the same. F**k all. HTH.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The fear of Death on 14:10 - Sep 2 with 1395 viewsjacktar

To quote Woody Allen:

“In my next life, I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people’s home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day.

You work for 40 years until you’re young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born.

And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! you finish off as an orgasm!”

Sounds good to me.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

The fear of Death on 14:16 - Sep 2 with 1386 viewsjackal

This thread has cheered me up no end.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 14:17]
The fear of Death on 16:05 - Sep 2 with 1309 viewsLord_Bony

The fear of Death on 11:20 - Sep 2 by Lord_Bony

Is there life after death as a great man once asked?

The results of PS readers are in over 200 cast their vote..
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/Lord_Bony/polls/820/is

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Login to get fewer ads

The fear of Death on 16:12 - Sep 2 with 1295 viewsLeonisGod

The fear of Death on 16:05 - Sep 2 by Lord_Bony

The results of PS readers are in over 200 cast their vote..
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/Lord_Bony/polls/820/is

good work
The fear of Death on 16:45 - Sep 2 with 1265 viewsLord_Bony

The fear of Death on 16:12 - Sep 2 by LeonisGod

good work

Thanx.

Its me favourite subject.

The fear of Death on 18:40 - Sep 2 with 1182 viewsmonmouth

The fear of Death on 16:45 - Sep 2 by Lord_Bony

Thanx.

Its me favourite subject.

Here you go, that should sort you out.

The fear of Death on 18:42 - Sep 2 with 1174 viewsDarran

I've already died once so I'm really not bothered.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The fear of Death on 19:14 - Sep 2 with 1159 viewsThursday

I hold that fear more often than I'd like. Silly question to ask why, though, isn't it? At some point, everyone does.

And, I don't believe for a minute that Woody Allen was behind that quote. Doesn't sound like him at all.
The fear of Death on 19:16 - Sep 2 with 1154 viewsdickythorpe

I wonder if Perch is ill and maybe this is why he asks this question?

Perch are you ill pal?
The fear of Death on 19:25 - Sep 2 with 1145 viewsexiledclaseboy

Not sure about fear but it's certainly something you think about more as you get older and you see people you knew and/or were close to die. It's been a sh*t year or so in that regard. Some of those we know who have passed have been way too young as well.

Poll: Tory leader

The fear of Death on 19:35 - Sep 2 with 1128 viewsLohengrin

The fear of Death on 19:25 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

Not sure about fear but it's certainly something you think about more as you get older and you see people you knew and/or were close to die. It's been a sh*t year or so in that regard. Some of those we know who have passed have been way too young as well.

That's been our sad experience this week.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The fear of Death on 19:35 - Sep 2 with 1122 viewsmonmouth

The fear of Death on 19:25 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

I have far more fear of people close to me dying than I do of dying myself. Far more.

The fear of Death on 19:39 - Sep 2 with 1117 viewsLohengrin

The fear of Death on 19:16 - Sep 2 by dickythorpe

I wonder if Perch is ill and maybe this is why he asks this question?

Perch are you ill pal?

His lady wife has been very ill.

The fear of Death on 19:40 - Sep 2 with 1106 viewsDarran

The fear of Death on 19:35 - Sep 2 by Lohengrin

That's been our sad experience this week.

Who's gone my friend anyone I know?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The fear of Death on 19:41 - Sep 2 with 1110 viewsLohengrin

The fear of Death on 19:40 - Sep 2 by Darran

Who's gone my friend anyone I know?

I'll PM you now rather than just post the details up on here.

The fear of Death on 19:55 - Sep 2 with 1089 viewsexiledclaseboy

The fear of Death on 19:35 - Sep 2 by monmouth

I have far more fear of people close to me dying than I do of dying myself. Far more.

I completely agree.

Poll: Tory leader

The fear of Death on 20:10 - Sep 2 with 1072 viewsJohnw102

At 74 I am probably nearer than most here. At my age it is not when but how that is the worry. Being shot by a jealous husband when I am in my 90s wouldn't be bad. Sitting in my regular seat in the East watching us beat them up the road comes close Don't intend to go until I have had more out the tax man than I paid in. Just pray I don't end up on a giant nappy like I have seen so many good friends go. Told the family if I get like that bring in bottle of brandy and a few tablets.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The fear of Death on 20:13 - Sep 2 with 1067 viewsperchrockjack

Yes indeed John. I'm looking for a Young mans death.

We could go any time. Age not always relevant

The fear of Death on 20:20 - Sep 2 with 1056 viewsNogginthenog

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer some 23 years ago. At the time my daughter was five years old.

When you are first told that you have cancer the first thought is usually "Am I going to die?" At the time I can really remember thinking about the consequences for her and the wife rather than me.

I think we all have a certain fear of death and more specifically the way that one might die. If you are contented in life it makes it more difficult to dismiss it in my view.

So love your loved ones with all your heart and soul and enjoy every minute of your existence before the Grim Reaper inevitably rings the digital door bell.
The fear of Death on 21:08 - Sep 2 with 1018 viewsdickythorpe

Until you see a loved one die , I believe you can't comprehend it fully. You can understand the concept, but wait until it hits you. Then life changes.

A bit like a counsellor telling a mate of mine who was off work due to trauma, " when you are young you think you are going to live forever, fairly care free, even reckless, but then something happens to you that makes you realise you are not invincible"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024