Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just watching 07:53 - Oct 16 with 2263 viewsangryjack

motd again ff is absolutely garbage,what was he doing for ozil goal the bloke is useless
just watching on 07:56 - Oct 16 with 1843 viewsSwaneeRiver

He has lost confidence and gone backwards that's for sure.
Need to bring in the Horn next week.
just watching on 07:59 - Oct 16 with 1830 viewsangryjack

just watching on 07:56 - Oct 16 by SwaneeRiver

He has lost confidence and gone backwards that's for sure.
Need to bring in the Horn next week.

never rated him tbh cant pass, always out position ,loses concentration,not strong or commanding enough absolute sh&t
just watching on 08:18 - Oct 16 with 1789 viewsSmellyplumz

One of the big reasons we will go down this season.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

just watching on 08:20 - Oct 16 with 1779 viewsicecoldjack

just watching on 07:59 - Oct 16 by angryjack

never rated him tbh cant pass, always out position ,loses concentration,not strong or commanding enough absolute sh&t

I think he has had great games for us but since ash has left it s clear he can't play with amat, they are all over the place.

Vdh and amat looked far more solid as a defensive pair, and they have played together far less, I'd rather try and develop a new pairing rather than persist with ff and amat, this dissapointed me with bob, ff form has been getting worse yet he slots straight in .

Hopefully bob finds his feet fast and has his main focus on our defence.
just watching on 08:28 - Oct 16 with 1736 viewsdameedna

We started with no striker and Leon coek and Fer in midfield. Went 2 goals down. Manager at fault though he has injuries which are more of a problem than the fit players. Listen to Wengers interview, ozil scores in training when he wants and is unpredictable because he has all the options in his locker. Take some perspective, should midfield be picking him up? I saw a start where we played at a low tempo and put pressure on defence.
just watching on 08:31 - Oct 16 with 1713 viewspencoedjack

just watching on 08:28 - Oct 16 by dameedna

We started with no striker and Leon coek and Fer in midfield. Went 2 goals down. Manager at fault though he has injuries which are more of a problem than the fit players. Listen to Wengers interview, ozil scores in training when he wants and is unpredictable because he has all the options in his locker. Take some perspective, should midfield be picking him up? I saw a start where we played at a low tempo and put pressure on defence.

Tidy post

There was far worse players on show than FF yesterday Amat was one, but Fede is this seasons chosen scapegoat
just watching on 08:33 - Oct 16 with 1705 viewsangryjack

just watching on 08:31 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

Tidy post

There was far worse players on show than FF yesterday Amat was one, but Fede is this seasons chosen scapegoat

not good enough full stop and not just this season
just watching on 08:36 - Oct 16 with 1684 viewsSmellyplumz

just watching on 08:33 - Oct 16 by angryjack

not good enough full stop and not just this season

The defence are all shit full stop
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 8:37]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

just watching on 08:41 - Oct 16 with 1656 viewsPegojack

Just saw yesterday's MOTD for first time on iplayer. I thought Fab was at fault for third goal.

The ball was hanging in the air for Ozil, Fab came for it, changed his mind and stepped back, fatal. He should have got right in Ozil's face, jumped up and contested for the ball, highly unlikely a goal would have been the result then. These personal mistakes are killing us.

However, we need to hold our nerve. We've not played badly against four teams in the top six. The next run of fixtures is all important now. Good to see Borja get off the mark too. A proper striker's goal.
just watching on 08:43 - Oct 16 with 1645 viewsicecoldjack

just watching on 08:31 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

Tidy post

Disagree. Routs is the scapegoat this season !

FF seems to bring out the worst in amat IMO , not saying either us the answer but from what many have seen vdh and amat seem far more workable as a defensive pair.

Freddy has lost confidence but has never been able to pass a ball anyway. I and many others were hoping that freddy would step up and start leading but the younger amat has come in and done that instead ! I'd rather try something new and give it a chance to develop than stick with fernandez who against Southampton was getting out jumped and out fought by Shane fookin long !
Bob would have seen the videos of previous games it's a worry that he thinks amat and ff is a productive partnership it's been clear for a while that those two just don't click together.
Yesterday was further proof of that for me
just watching on 09:01 - Oct 16 with 1554 viewsMattG

just watching on 08:41 - Oct 16 by Pegojack

Just saw yesterday's MOTD for first time on iplayer. I thought Fab was at fault for third goal.

The ball was hanging in the air for Ozil, Fab came for it, changed his mind and stepped back, fatal. He should have got right in Ozil's face, jumped up and contested for the ball, highly unlikely a goal would have been the result then. These personal mistakes are killing us.

However, we need to hold our nerve. We've not played badly against four teams in the top six. The next run of fixtures is all important now. Good to see Borja get off the mark too. A proper striker's goal.

Agree with this re: Ozil's goal - thought Fab could have done a lot more to at least put him off if not actually claim the ball before it got to him.

Put Fernandez face-to-face with an attacker and, more often than not, he puts a tackle in and wins the ball and, given Arsenal's preference for trying to walk the ball into the net, I can see (just about) how he might have looked a better option for yesterday.

Unfortunately, that's just about the only part of his game that works at the moment. Would definitely play vd Hoorn against Watford who will be more direct and should suit his "no nonsense" style better.

Also pleasing to see Borja get his first goal but I can't agree about yesterday's performance overall - at times, it was more like Southampton than City, Liverpool or Chelsea. For periods in the second half particularly we couldn't pass to a team-mate, couldn't win a tackle and IMO we got out of jail only losing by the odd goal.
just watching on 09:03 - Oct 16 with 1547 viewspencoedjack

just watching on 08:43 - Oct 16 by icecoldjack

FF seems to bring out the worst in amat IMO , not saying either us the answer but from what many have seen vdh and amat seem far more workable as a defensive pair.

Freddy has lost confidence but has never been able to pass a ball anyway. I and many others were hoping that freddy would step up and start leading but the younger amat has come in and done that instead ! I'd rather try something new and give it a chance to develop than stick with fernandez who against Southampton was getting out jumped and out fought by Shane fookin long !
Bob would have seen the videos of previous games it's a worry that he thinks amat and ff is a productive partnership it's been clear for a while that those two just don't click together.

Amat was out muscled by Theo fuking Walcott yesterday

I am not slating Amat but FF was no where near our worst player yesterday but seems he is the scapegoat again

To many sheep on this forum these days guaranteed FF Taylor or Routs will be at fault following a loss
just watching on 09:06 - Oct 16 with 1530 viewsJango

just watching on 09:03 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

I am not slating Amat but FF was no where near our worst player yesterday but seems he is the scapegoat again

To many sheep on this forum these days guaranteed FF Taylor or Routs will be at fault following a loss

I agree that Amat was worse than Fernandez.
just watching on 10:16 - Oct 16 with 1288 viewsclloy2

just watching on 09:06 - Oct 16 by Jango

I agree that Amat was worse than Fernandez.

I dont think its about looking for scapegoats. There were plenty of poor performances all over the pitch yesterday, the reason why some get picked out more than others is that they have displayed obvious weaknesses/poor performances more often than not over the past two seasons. In an ideal world in the Prem league, they get moved on and replaced with better quality. The fact that our owners chose not to do this is not the fault of the players. Whoever plays in the back 4 is basically the best of a bad bunch. There is no rock solid back 4 combination which stands out to be picked week after week. I'm sure BB would have had his eyes opened yesterday. PL players not being able to pass the ball to their own player who is 10 yards away, would not have pleased him that's for sure. How many times did we see two or three swansea players lose out in the tackle to an Arsenal player who was able to run away with the ball, and the obvious lack of pace throughout the team is a problem. When Barrow went off it was like watching a veterans team play.
just watching on 10:31 - Oct 16 with 1248 viewsClinton

just watching on 10:16 - Oct 16 by clloy2

I dont think its about looking for scapegoats. There were plenty of poor performances all over the pitch yesterday, the reason why some get picked out more than others is that they have displayed obvious weaknesses/poor performances more often than not over the past two seasons. In an ideal world in the Prem league, they get moved on and replaced with better quality. The fact that our owners chose not to do this is not the fault of the players. Whoever plays in the back 4 is basically the best of a bad bunch. There is no rock solid back 4 combination which stands out to be picked week after week. I'm sure BB would have had his eyes opened yesterday. PL players not being able to pass the ball to their own player who is 10 yards away, would not have pleased him that's for sure. How many times did we see two or three swansea players lose out in the tackle to an Arsenal player who was able to run away with the ball, and the obvious lack of pace throughout the team is a problem. When Barrow went off it was like watching a veterans team play.

Arsenal were real quality at times yesterday. Sure our lot made some mistakes, understandable perhaps given the fast flowing football that Arsenal played.
Our season will be defined by the next two games and the run of five after the Spurs game in December.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

just watching on 10:39 - Oct 16 with 1206 viewsclloy2

just watching on 10:31 - Oct 16 by Clinton

Arsenal were real quality at times yesterday. Sure our lot made some mistakes, understandable perhaps given the fast flowing football that Arsenal played.
Our season will be defined by the next two games and the run of five after the Spurs game in December.

Yes somewhat agree. The watford game next week will be a real defining moment, and is a must win game, to hopefully get us out of the bottom 3 and give us some confidence and breathing space. But I have to go back to my point earlier, we are threadbare as a squad in terms of real quality. I have just looked at the WOL player ratings from yesterday and agree with everyone of them. If you looked at players who scored 4 and 5 then our centre back pairing both got 4's. three midfield players got 5,5,4 (Wayne 5, Cork 5, Fer 4). When you look at that, it tells a story. I just hope BB can coach these faults out of them in double quick time.
just watching on 11:14 - Oct 16 with 1134 viewsClinton

just watching on 10:39 - Oct 16 by clloy2

Yes somewhat agree. The watford game next week will be a real defining moment, and is a must win game, to hopefully get us out of the bottom 3 and give us some confidence and breathing space. But I have to go back to my point earlier, we are threadbare as a squad in terms of real quality. I have just looked at the WOL player ratings from yesterday and agree with everyone of them. If you looked at players who scored 4 and 5 then our centre back pairing both got 4's. three midfield players got 5,5,4 (Wayne 5, Cork 5, Fer 4). When you look at that, it tells a story. I just hope BB can coach these faults out of them in double quick time.

The pressure on the back for in the first half was immense, wave after wave of attack. It's disappointing but no surprise there were a coUple of individual errors. what a lot of folks seems to discount is the number of tackles, interceptions and blocks we actually put in there.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

just watching on 11:20 - Oct 16 with 1119 viewsicecoldjack

just watching on 09:03 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

Well I've not blamed ff or taylor for the loss myself, just questioned the wisdom and reasons for starting them ahead of others.

We lack physical presence in the defence which is why I think vdh looks a bit better at the moment. Along side that we need someone who can pass and jordi does that better than ff.
just watching on 11:50 - Oct 16 with 1041 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Regarding team selection yesterday - did the owners tell Bob to pick Fernandez because "he cost £8 million so therefore must be one of our best players"?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

just watching on 11:58 - Oct 16 with 1023 viewsicecoldjack

just watching on 11:50 - Oct 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Regarding team selection yesterday - did the owners tell Bob to pick Fernandez because "he cost £8 million so therefore must be one of our best players"?

It's the only logical reason! Don't forget that he is an Argentina international ( who never gets picked for any squads)

Bob has to find out fast what works, but 20,000 people seemed to know what he didn't and that's bit of a concern. I'm hoping he sacrificed a few away at arsenal so he can pick his proper team against Watford, after all less if a chance of taylor complaining then right ?
just watching on 12:01 - Oct 16 with 1016 viewsBrynmill_Jack

just watching on 11:58 - Oct 16 by icecoldjack

It's the only logical reason! Don't forget that he is an Argentina international ( who never gets picked for any squads)

Bob has to find out fast what works, but 20,000 people seemed to know what he didn't and that's bit of a concern. I'm hoping he sacrificed a few away at arsenal so he can pick his proper team against Watford, after all less if a chance of taylor complaining then right ?

Well I'm flabbergasted if he picked FF over VDH to rest him - they've just had 2 weeks off!!

just watching on 12:03 - Oct 16 with 998 viewsdameedna

just watching on 08:43 - Oct 16 by icecoldjack

Fred did allright and was the main link from defence to Barrow including the pass that lead to the sending off and could have scored the leveller.

Just as many mistakes in the Arsenal defence and they have probably the best set of wingers in the league papering over their defensive cracks.

Fer made some shockers and should have scored twice. Walcott missed some sitters. So did Siggy missed the target form a straight forward shot in the box.

All of defence coped well in a game where we were always going to struggle in midfield , still let in 3 goals and should have been more but same at other end. I haven't seen Fred play badly yet though he could have connected better before Walcott's poke in and he could have spotted Ozil's run but equally we could have had Rangel covering the back post, Fab come out or better still, covered Sanchez.

It was a good game and we managed well. Bottom 3 is where we deserve to be but Borja and Barrow are looking good and Siggy is scoring.
just watching on 12:03 - Oct 16 with 997 viewsWarwickHunt

just watching on 11:50 - Oct 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Not sure which is worse - the owners/DoF (arf!) picking that team our new "coach".
just watching on 12:08 - Oct 16 with 965 viewsBrynmill_Jack

just watching on 12:03 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

Not sure which is worse - the owners/DoF (arf!) picking that team our new "coach".

If only Dolly P was still with us. Shed have binned FF long ago......

just watching on 12:15 - Oct 16 with 943 viewsA_Fans_Dad

just watching on 12:03 - Oct 16 by dameedna

Fred did allright and was the main link from defence to Barrow including the pass that lead to the sending off and could have scored the leveller.

Just as many mistakes in the Arsenal defence and they have probably the best set of wingers in the league papering over their defensive cracks.

Fer made some shockers and should have scored twice. Walcott missed some sitters. So did Siggy missed the target form a straight forward shot in the box.

All of defence coped well in a game where we were always going to struggle in midfield , still let in 3 goals and should have been more but same at other end. I haven't seen Fred play badly yet though he could have connected better before Walcott's poke in and he could have spotted Ozil's run but equally we could have had Rangel covering the back post, Fab come out or better still, covered Sanchez.

It was a good game and we managed well. Bottom 3 is where we deserve to be but Borja and Barrow are looking good and Siggy is scoring.

" I haven't seen Fred play badly yet"
Are you Argentinian, or just wearing Rose Coloured Glasses?

On a side issue, defenses have been inferior to attacks for some time, otherwise practically every game would end up nil nil.
The other factor is the performance of the Goalkeeper, like Everton keeping out Man C including 2 penalties yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024