Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? 11:18 - Oct 5 with 3370 viewsLord_Bony

According to Steve and Jason it was the first time they met Bradley on Friday...not convinced of that somehow.If we had beaten Liverpool 4.1 this move would still have taken place.

There seems to be an agenda,maybe some pressure from stateside even, to get an American manager into the EPL at any cost,mainly for the prestige of American soccer,if its a sucess it will open the floodgates for others to follow.

As I ve said previously if he was nt American( lets say he was from Romania or Bulgaria but with the same record) he probably would have been overlooked.

There has been a dream for years to get an American manager in the EPL...we are the first club ever to get one.

I just hope he was genuinely chosen for this job for the RIGHT REASONS thats all. Anything less is unforgivable.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 11:20 - Oct 5 with 2526 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Even if he was chosen for the right reasons, they have to accept it could viewed differently.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 14:55 - Oct 5 with 2415 viewsLord_Bony

Lots of excitement at the prospect from US

Juergen Klinsmann the new US coach says.
"“I think this is super exciting, because he’s the first American coaching in the Premier League, and this is huge,” Klinsmann told fans in a Q&A on Facebook Live. “Huge compliment to him, and big congratulations to him and to Swansea City. We keep all our fingers crossed that things go well for him in his new adventure. I think he totally, totally deserves that opportunity.”

USA forward Jozy Altidore described Bradley’s appointment as a “great moment” for soccer in America.

Let's hope it works out for the right reasons...,we'll find out soon enough.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:00 - Oct 5 with 2395 viewsjack247

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 14:55 - Oct 5 by Lord_Bony

Lots of excitement at the prospect from US

Juergen Klinsmann the new US coach says.
"“I think this is super exciting, because he’s the first American coaching in the Premier League, and this is huge,” Klinsmann told fans in a Q&A on Facebook Live. “Huge compliment to him, and big congratulations to him and to Swansea City. We keep all our fingers crossed that things go well for him in his new adventure. I think he totally, totally deserves that opportunity.”

USA forward Jozy Altidore described Bradley’s appointment as a “great moment” for soccer in America.

Let's hope it works out for the right reasons...,we'll find out soon enough.

They are bang on. It's great for football in America. Bob even said it himself. I doubt many on here particularly care about that though.
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:06 - Oct 5 with 2370 views3swan

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:00 - Oct 5 by jack247

They are bang on. It's great for football in America. Bob even said it himself. I doubt many on here particularly care about that though.

That's the thing though. The large amount of column inches are given to how great it is.

Very few words on what it means to Swansea
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:07 - Oct 5 with 2364 viewsLord_Bony

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:00 - Oct 5 by jack247

Certainly our profile has been raised in the United States and long may it continue, if Bradley makes a success of it then our marketing department will be well pleased. But if he fails and we get relegated we will just be also rans and dropped like a hot potato by the US football fraternity.

The reward and risk are huge.

The eyes of America are upon us atm.

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:08 - Oct 5 with 2356 viewsjack247

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:06 - Oct 5 by 3swan

That's the thing though. The large amount of column inches are given to how great it is.

Very few words on what it means to Swansea

That's because Swansea have now got a lesser league journeyman who plays shit football managing them
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:09 - Oct 5 with 2347 views3swan

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:08 - Oct 5 by jack247

That's because Swansea have now got a lesser league journeyman who plays shit football managing them

You forgot to say younger
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:13 - Oct 5 with 2334 viewsLord_Bony

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:08 - Oct 5 by jack247

Lol. Well just have to wait and see on that one...on paper you are right.

Personally,I'm gutted and mystified why this appointment took place at this time.

But it does seem to be for reasons more than just replacing the manager because we're not performing.

Login to get fewer ads

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:14 - Oct 5 with 2328 viewsjack247

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:07 - Oct 5 by Lord_Bony

Certainly our profile has been raised in the United States and long may it continue, if Bradley makes a success of it then our marketing department will be well pleased. But if he fails and we get relegated we will just be also rans and dropped like a hot potato by the US football fraternity.

The reward and risk are huge.

The eyes of America are upon us atm.

The reward and risk are in no way proportionate. Staying in the PL, retaining our tv money and global exposure is worth infinitely more than increased exposure in America.
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:18 - Oct 5 with 2311 views3swan

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:14 - Oct 5 by jack247

The reward and risk are in no way proportionate. Staying in the PL, retaining our tv money and global exposure is worth infinitely more than increased exposure in America.

What would increased exposure give us in America.

A few extra shirt sales, or are they banking on large sponsorship deals?
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:20 - Oct 5 with 2291 viewsLord_Bony

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:14 - Oct 5 by jack247

Agreed

Staying in this league should presumably be the number one objective of our new owners at all costs.

I think under Guidolin we would have achieved that.

Why have they upset the apple cart and taken such a huge risk with this untried,untested American manager...I don't get it.

Is it mainly for vanity purposes to increase our exposure to the the US soccer public?why?

It's obviously causing a stir the other side of the Atlantic right now...

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:34 - Oct 5 with 2244 viewsHighjack

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:18 - Oct 5 by 3swan

When is the new stadium name due?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:38 - Oct 5 with 2236 viewslondonlisa2001

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:20 - Oct 5 by Lord_Bony

Agreed

Staying in this league should presumably be the number one objective of our new owners at all costs.

I think under Guidolin we would have achieved that.

Why have they upset the apple cart and taken such a huge risk with this untried,untested American manager...I don't get it.

Is it mainly for vanity purposes to increase our exposure to the the US soccer public?why?

It's obviously causing a stir the other side of the Atlantic right now...

If you read between the lines on some statements that have been made including the slightly odd statement from Bradley that said it would have been better at the end of the season but you can never tell what is going to happen in football, or something along those lines, I am increasingly convinced this was always the plan.

I believe that the new owners were always going to install Bradley. It was supposed to happen over the summer (hence the delay in appointing a manager full time) but I think the takeover was delayed for whatever reason and so they agreed to let Guidolin stay in place for this season as a low cost option, had minimal spend, shipped out the high earners, and the aim was to tread water at minimum cost for one season until Bradley came in next summer, they then spent some money and looked at expansion etc. With a view to massively increased exposure in the US.

Our performance to date has scared them as none of this works if we go down, so they have panicked and brought Bradley in now.

I also believe that Donovan was always a part of plans but he has gone back to the Galaxy as it looked like everything was on hold for one season.

I have long thought that Anschuzt is something to do with all this, who is, of course, Mr US Soccer, and the plan is making us a real 'Team America' within the premier league.

Of this could all be nonsense of course. They may have genuinely only met this bloke on Friday, although appointing someone with a weak background and you don't even know him is even more stupid than if they did at least know him.
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:54 - Oct 5 with 2204 viewsjack247

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:18 - Oct 5 by 3swan

I honestly don't know. There must be something to it though. He has said that it would be great for football in the US himself, as have others. It's very difficult to see how he would have got the job on merit
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:14 - Oct 5 with 2163 viewsLord_Bony

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:38 - Oct 5 by londonlisa2001

If you read between the lines on some statements that have been made including the slightly odd statement from Bradley that said it would have been better at the end of the season but you can never tell what is going to happen in football, or something along those lines, I am increasingly convinced this was always the plan.

I believe that the new owners were always going to install Bradley. It was supposed to happen over the summer (hence the delay in appointing a manager full time) but I think the takeover was delayed for whatever reason and so they agreed to let Guidolin stay in place for this season as a low cost option, had minimal spend, shipped out the high earners, and the aim was to tread water at minimum cost for one season until Bradley came in next summer, they then spent some money and looked at expansion etc. With a view to massively increased exposure in the US.

Our performance to date has scared them as none of this works if we go down, so they have panicked and brought Bradley in now.

I also believe that Donovan was always a part of plans but he has gone back to the Galaxy as it looked like everything was on hold for one season.

I have long thought that Anschuzt is something to do with all this, who is, of course, Mr US Soccer, and the plan is making us a real 'Team America' within the premier league.

Of this could all be nonsense of course. They may have genuinely only met this bloke on Friday, although appointing someone with a weak background and you don't even know him is even more stupid than if they did at least know him.

Well said Lisa I agree we are turning into Team America coming to Save the Day..i got.a.bit.of.flack for.that one yesterday... I also have a feeling that Donovan and a whole bunch of.others are behind it because it opens opportunities for.others.

But if it was pre planned why offer Guidolin a shiny new two year contract?..they could have held him over as a caretaker,I think the change was for sooner rather than later..even if we won last Saturday this would have taken place.
Hope this works.out but seems an unnecessary gamble just to shoe horn in an American at the helm.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:23 - Oct 5 with 2134 viewslondonlisa2001

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:14 - Oct 5 by Lord_Bony

Well said Lisa I agree we are turning into Team America coming to Save the Day..i got.a.bit.of.flack for.that one yesterday... I also have a feeling that Donovan and a whole bunch of.others are behind it because it opens opportunities for.others.

But if it was pre planned why offer Guidolin a shiny new two year contract?..they could have held him over as a caretaker,I think the change was for sooner rather than later..even if we won last Saturday this would have taken place.
Hope this works.out but seems an unnecessary gamble just to shoe horn in an American at the helm.

This post has been edited by an administrator

It's a huge gamble.

We have to hope that it pays off.

And to reiterate - the last person I blame is Bradley - none of this is his fault and I hope he does well. I'm slightly surprised we haven't had a presser with him today - that would make sense to me - try to start developing a relationship as soon as possible. Because he hasn't mentioned the Swans once as yet - only himself and American football (football in America that is rather than NFL type stuff).
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:30 - Oct 5 with 2100 viewsLord_Bony

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:23 - Oct 5 by londonlisa2001

It's a huge gamble.

And to reiterate - the last person I blame is Bradley - none of this is his fault and I hope he does well. I'm slightly surprised we haven't had a presser with him today - that would make sense to me - try to start developing a relationship as soon as possible. Because he hasn't mentioned the Swans once as yet - only himself and American football (football in America that is rather than NFL type stuff).

I understand many Americans are asking whch part of england is swansea in...

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:32 - Oct 5 with 2090 viewssnork44

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:23 - Oct 5 by londonlisa2001

It's a huge gamble.

I agree with everything you've said, I to am also mystified why there is no press conference, it would have gone a long why to allay the fans fears over this appointment. Either it is the Clubs/Huws ineptitude or the new owners riding roughshod over the fans and the trust. I have a feeling it is the former and not the latter.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:34 - Oct 5 with 2079 viewslondonlisa2001

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:32 - Oct 5 by snork44

I agree with everything you've said, I to am also mystified why there is no press conference, it would have gone a long why to allay the fans fears over this appointment. Either it is the Clubs/Huws ineptitude or the new owners riding roughshod over the fans and the trust. I have a feeling it is the former and not the latter.

It probably doesn't occur.

The PR ability seems non existent.
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:35 - Oct 5 with 2075 viewsWarwickHunt

Big in Knoblick, Nebraska.

Whoopee. Fûcking. Doo.
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:45 - Oct 5 with 2045 viewsHighjack

The only "right reason" to employ him is that he's a good manager.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:47 - Oct 5 with 2036 viewsJokeren1943

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:34 - Oct 5 by Highjack

When is the new stadium name due?

Sure the name will be "God Bless America Stadium"
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 16:48]
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:49 - Oct 5 with 2023 viewssnork44

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:30 - Oct 5 by Lord_Bony

I understand many Americans are asking whch part of england is swansea in...

I get asked what part of England I am from almost daily,(I just just look at them and restrain my instinct of punching their lights out as I would be sacked and would spend a lengthy time in the State prison being 'Bubba's bitch'!) I just reply I am from Wales at which point they look at me blankly although some either know of Wales or have been to the UK.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:53 - Oct 5 with 2003 viewsLord_Bony

Heh heh.

You mean Wales,England.

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:58 - Oct 5 with 1975 viewsMurph75

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 16:49 - Oct 5 by snork44

I get asked what part of England I am from almost daily,(I just just look at them and restrain my instinct of punching their lights out as I would be sacked and would spend a lengthy time in the State prison being 'Bubba's bitch'!) I just reply I am from Wales at which point they look at me blankly although some either know of Wales or have been to the UK.

Doesn't seem that strange to me?

You could ask many Brits what state Cleveland is in and they wouldn't be able to answer.

Hell you could ask the majority of Brits where Scunthorpe was and they wouldn't be able to answer you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024