Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration 21:49 - Oct 17 with 3105 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Would the Trust be interested in making some kind of memorial next year to commemorate 10 years of his passing?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2007/sep/05/obituaries.mainsection

He merited an obituary in the Guardian but not a mention in the club paid for film made off his (among many others') back.

Mal Pope probably didn't have a clue who he was. He should be remembered.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 21:50]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 21:59 - Oct 17 with 2432 viewswhiterock

Along with Mike Kent, both gone but not forgotten
Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 22:18 - Oct 17 with 2377 viewsWarwickHunt

David Conn helped us get that published.

Rich was a few years older than me but we played in the same Bishop Gore football team and met up again years later thanks to Gary/Dai's site. Dai actually made the trip to Kingston for the funeral.

Lovely bloke who (along with Mike Kent) played a huge role in our history.

He'd have laughed off that fûcking abortion of a Disney film but he's probably turning in his grave at what's happened to his beloved club now.

They deserve to be remembered - and not in some squalid f*cking sales promo produced by a plastic tart either.
Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 22:19 - Oct 17 with 2368 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 21:59 - Oct 17 by whiterock

Along with Mike Kent, both gone but not forgotten

Indeed. From that link:

Richard believed in institutions belonging to local communities, not bureaucrats or businessmen.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 22:19]

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 22:44 - Oct 17 with 2326 viewsjack_lord

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 22:18 - Oct 17 by WarwickHunt

David Conn helped us get that published.

Rich was a few years older than me but we played in the same Bishop Gore football team and met up again years later thanks to Gary/Dai's site. Dai actually made the trip to Kingston for the funeral.

Lovely bloke who (along with Mike Kent) played a huge role in our history.

He'd have laughed off that fûcking abortion of a Disney film but he's probably turning in his grave at what's happened to his beloved club now.

They deserve to be remembered - and not in some squalid f*cking sales promo produced by a plastic tart either.

When I read that Guardian article that is exactly what I thought, turning in his grave.
What he wanted in our community and what we have ended up with are now poles apart.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 23:58 - Oct 17 with 2266 viewsharryhpalmer

Much missed, Richard deserves to be recognised by the club, let alone the Trust.

I enjoyed my meet ups with him in the Chandos, and he was was a great encourager to those of us who stirred the pot back in the early days of the recently departed owners' regime.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 04:20 - Oct 18 with 2214 viewsLoyal

Richard was a lovely man.
I met him twice socially and many times on a near empty terrace.
He and Mikes omission from that self indulgent film, and indeed a variety of others who contributed so valuably - who never had vodka or corn flakes let alone together is scandalous.
If anyone ever needed proof of the self serving financially laden agenda of the so called once proud custodians of our club then this is it.
They should hang their heads in total and utter shame. Each and every one of them.

RIP Richard and Mike. True Jacks whose only agenda was their club and its survival.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 18:05]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 06:41 - Oct 18 with 2181 viewswaynekerr55

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 04:20 - Oct 18 by Loyal

He and Mikes omission from that self indulgent film, and indeed a variety of others who contributed so valuably - who never had vodka or corn flakes let alone together is scandalous.
If anyone ever needed proof of the self serving financially laden agenda of the so called once proud custodians of our club then this is it.
They should hang their heads in total and utter shame. Each and every one of them.

RIP Richard and Mike. True Jacks whose only agenda was their club and its survival.

The thing is Loyal those sell out c*nts know no shame whatsoever. Funny that the only bit of marketing the club got right was JTAK, then again nothing else would have brought them the pot of gold...

They're a fûcking embarrassment. And to their cock sucking acolytes or the sell outs themselves, go ahead and post a pathetic reply trying to justify their actions.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 9:33]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 09:54 - Oct 18 with 2065 viewsPhil_S

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 06:41 - Oct 18 by waynekerr55

The thing is Loyal those sell out c*nts know no shame whatsoever. Funny that the only bit of marketing the club got right was JTAK, then again nothing else would have brought them the pot of gold...

They're a fûcking embarrassment. And to their cock sucking acolytes or the sell outs themselves, go ahead and post a pathetic reply trying to justify their actions.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 9:33]

As you can imagine Richard was heavily mentioned in the Trust book when we released it (as was Mike) and the fact that they weren't even mentioned in the farce of JTAK says much about the purpose of the film. How they can be overlooked for some of the characters will always be a bug bear of mine

Richard (and also Mike) were massive reasons why I got involved in the Trust (and why it has always had my support) and they are both sadly missed. Now more than ever.

Will we commemorate it? Yes absolutely. How? Not sure yet
Login to get fewer ads

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 10:05 - Oct 18 with 2057 viewsmax936

Brilliant post, I never knew either Richard or Mike, but I remember their significant contribution to the Swans cause and has you've said it was shameful as to why they weren't mentioned in Jack to a King, we all know why now though, as it was all a self promotion exercise to appeal to a buyer, so to avoid any praise being shed on other major players in our recovery and getting any recognition they weren't mentioned, looking back Jack to a King should have been the warning signs to what as happened since.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 10:10]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 10:08 - Oct 18 with 2047 viewsperchrockjack

I was a little older than Richard .

I used to bully him on the school bus as he had such straight flaxen hair.

Saw him in Macclesfield about 35/40 years later and we laughed ,heartily. He commented on by snug motor cycle leathers and shiny gold top boots.

Taken from us way too young .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 10:54 - Oct 18 with 2000 viewsNeiltheTaylor

https://scfcheritage.wordpress.com/2012/01/19/white-rock-a-closer-look/

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 12:41 - Oct 18 with 1944 viewswaynekerr55

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 09:54 - Oct 18 by Phil_S

As you can imagine Richard was heavily mentioned in the Trust book when we released it (as was Mike) and the fact that they weren't even mentioned in the farce of JTAK says much about the purpose of the film. How they can be overlooked for some of the characters will always be a bug bear of mine

Richard (and also Mike) were massive reasons why I got involved in the Trust (and why it has always had my support) and they are both sadly missed. Now more than ever.

Will we commemorate it? Yes absolutely. How? Not sure yet

Yes, better to write a load of bollocks than the truth.

Of course they deserved their dough, they took a punt when nobody else did. The way in which they went about it stinks to high heaven. Even worse is that they (or their mates/family) come on here posting for sympathy because the Americans are cutting them out of the loop.

You couldn't make it up.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 12:48 - Oct 18 with 1931 views3swan

Much the same, I had a pint with him on a couple of occasions and again on many empty terraces.
He was passionate on his views on the Trust and what road the club should go on.
A good man, and well respected among other clubs fans as well as ours
Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 13:21 - Oct 18 with 1884 viewsPegojack

I didn't know Mike Kent, but did know Richard. He was a modest chap, and I think the kind of commemoration he would approve of would be if we all got together in a place of refreshment and raised our pint glasses in a toast to his memory, and to Swansea City AFC.
Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 13:31 - Oct 18 with 1872 viewskarnataka

A hero within the context of the rise of this club and deserves a commemoration.

Here's a 10 year old Richard holding the ball (with myself on the left of the same row).

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 14:12 - Oct 18 with 1823 viewsQJumpingJack

Maybe Richard could receive a special recognition award at the next Player Of The Year Awards which his partner could collect in his memory?
Perhaps Richard's partner at the time of his death, could be invited into the boardroom for a home game around the POTY event?
Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 15:20 - Oct 18 with 1743 viewsperchrockjack

I recognise a few faces there especially the lad back row on the right

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 15:52 - Oct 18 with 1711 viewskarnataka

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 15:20 - Oct 18 by perchrockjack

I recognise a few faces there especially the lad back row on the right

His name is Carlton Sayers - did you go to Ty Coch Primary School?
Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 12:52 - Oct 19 with 1593 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Can and does the Trust approach the council and Hairsprays independently from the club over matters like this?

Seems the club can't be trusted with our history.

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 13:28 - Oct 19 with 1560 viewsperchrockjack

No Kat.

Brynhyfryd

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 14:13 - Oct 19 with 1526 viewsUxbridge

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 12:52 - Oct 19 by NeiltheTaylor

Can and does the Trust approach the council and Hairsprays independently from the club over matters like this?

Seems the club can't be trusted with our history.

Not sure what you're proposing. The Trust often arranges its own event, and needs to get agreement from the Stadco parties on them. The Ivor statue for example. Robbie James bust and wall, memorial plaque etc.

Anyway, any ideas welcome, but as Phil mentioned I'm not sure it could ever just relate to one person.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 15:20 - Oct 19 with 1498 viewsLoyal

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 14:13 - Oct 19 by Uxbridge

Not sure what you're proposing. The Trust often arranges its own event, and needs to get agreement from the Stadco parties on them. The Ivor statue for example. Robbie James bust and wall, memorial plaque etc.

Anyway, any ideas welcome, but as Phil mentioned I'm not sure it could ever just relate to one person.

Then fck stadco and the club and do it elsewhere.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 19:06 - Oct 19 with 1449 viewsNeiltheTaylor

How about a memorial garden or plaza? Somewhere to sit that isn't a pub.

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 19:22 - Oct 19 with 1441 viewsWarwickHunt

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 19:06 - Oct 19 by NeiltheTaylor

How about a memorial garden or plaza? Somewhere to sit that isn't a pub.

Rich would have preferred a pub.
Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 19:23 - Oct 19 with 1440 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Richard Lillicrap - 10 Year Commemoration on 19:22 - Oct 19 by WarwickHunt

Rich would have preferred a pub.

Trust to take over Frank And Bennies?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024