Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club 19:25 - Apr 9 with 41512 viewsSwansTrust

The Swansea City Supporters Trust has issued a statement regarding a potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club, which is described as imminent, according to stories in the media this evening.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/04/09/trust-statement-regarding-potential-takeo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:30 - Apr 9 with 7778 viewsSwanzay

You didn't draft this at 3pm today Phil S.....

It stinks that the trust has been so quiet about this.

Good or bad!
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:37 - Apr 9 with 7686 viewsGoldminer

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:30 - Apr 9 by Swanzay

Good or bad!

Trust Chairman Phil Sumbler commented:

We have been aware of the terms of the potential deal for around two weeks. It has become apparent though that the discussions have been taking place since December and not all shareholders have been allowed to be part of those discussions.

known for 2 weeks? silenced by a NDA?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:45 - Apr 9 with 7623 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:30 - Apr 9 by Swanzay

Good or bad!

No I didn't we drafted it just after 6pm this evening

I'm not sure why you keep missing the bit even though it has been confirmed by at least 3 people involved in these things for us
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:46 - Apr 9 with 7602 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:37 - Apr 9 by Goldminer

Trust Chairman Phil Sumbler commented:

We have been aware of the terms of the potential deal for around two weeks. It has become apparent though that the discussions have been taking place since December and not all shareholders have been allowed to be part of those discussions.

known for 2 weeks? silenced by a NDA?

No silenced vy the fact that until this morning we could not even open discussions with Jason Levien about what it could mean for us

The terms of the deal make little reference to the Supporters Trust
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:54 - Apr 9 with 7512 viewsicecoldjack

Hmmmm.... I applaud the stance of the trust here, seems like to me someone/people is/are absolutely desperate to cash in no matter what the longer term effects my be.

Sounds like we are all getting shafted to me.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:58 - Apr 9 with 7483 viewsbonymine

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:54 - Apr 9 by icecoldjack

Hmmmm.... I applaud the stance of the trust here, seems like to me someone/people is/are absolutely desperate to cash in no matter what the longer term effects my be.

DIVORCE

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:00 - Apr 9 with 7458 viewsNookiejack

The Non-Trust shareholders must have had a real fright when looking like we were going down.

Don't think they are going to risk that again and are going to get out.

Obviously everyone was waiting until we got to 40pts mark - with next years TV money guaranteed.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:02 - Apr 9 with 7444 viewsSwanzay

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:58 - Apr 9 by bonymine

DIVORCE

Yes indeed!
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:18 - Apr 9 with 7307 viewsoldcob

I'm undecided if its a good or bad thing for the club at moment, but I am swaying toward good. Not all U.S investors are Petty. Though I can understand it being kept quiet if there were delicate negotiations taking place. This is consistent with all business deals no matter what the business or who are involved.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:23 - Apr 9 with 7240 viewsNookiejack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:18 - Apr 9 by oldcob

I'm undecided if its a good or bad thing for the club at moment, but I am swaying toward good. Not all U.S investors are Petty. Though I can understand it being kept quiet if there were delicate negotiations taking place. This is consistent with all business deals no matter what the business or who are involved.

Venture Capitalists make their returns through gearing up assets of a business with debt.

Let's see what is proposed - new issue of shares to buy stadium for example - can't se how Trust's shareholding would then remain at 21%.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:23 - Apr 9 with 7241 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:18 - Apr 9 by oldcob

I'm struggling to understand at the moment how we can decide whether it is good or bad

We simply dont have enough information to decide
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:24 - Apr 9 with 7225 viewsswancity

Have you asked why the Trust and its Director on the Board were not kept informed earlier of the talks?
We're meetings taking place without him? If so why?

Strange.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:26 - Apr 9 with 7201 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:24 - Apr 9 by swancity

Have you asked why the Trust and its Director on the Board were not kept informed earlier of the talks?
We're meetings taking place without him? If so why?

Strange.

Yes we have and we have been told its because we said last time we didnt want to sell

You are right it is strange but at least we are not alone in that company
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:28 - Apr 9 with 7164 views3swan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:23 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

I'm struggling to understand at the moment how we can decide whether it is good or bad

We simply dont have enough information to decide

Agree

But investors want returns on their money, only when the detail comes out will a opinion be able to be made.

The one thing I can only comment on as I've only just got back and not read other threads yet is that only certain board members were involved in this from the start. Now if it falls through how will the board be able to go forward as a settled unit
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:29 - Apr 9 with 7155 viewsswancity

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:26 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

Yes we have and we have been told its because we said last time we didnt want to sell

Mmmmmmm. Not good. I would be rather livid if I were you. Morally unacceptable isn't it but what of the legal position I wonder. Can talks take place without shareholders knowing?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:31 - Apr 9 with 7111 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:29 - Apr 9 by swancity

Mmmmmmm. Not good. I would be rather livid if I were you. Morally unacceptable isn't it but what of the legal position I wonder. Can talks take place without shareholders knowing?

Honestly? Yes of course they can.

If you owned shares in a company you could sell them without informing every other shareholder as they are your property

It is slightly different here because no sale can be concluded without us at least being given an option to buy anyway as that is what the shareholders agreement dictates
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:33 - Apr 9 with 7091 viewsbonymine

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:26 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

A clear breakdown of communication and transparency between shareholders with regards to this deal being negotiated is quite alarming really.

Unsettling all round and the late consultation/involvement with the Trust only serves to exacerbate the uncertain situation.

Clarity and transparency is required above all else before we go any further.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:34 - Apr 9 with 7074 views3swan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:31 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

If you owned shares in a company you could sell them without informing every other shareholder as they are your property

It is slightly different here because no sale can be concluded without us at least being given an option to buy anyway as that is what the shareholders agreement dictates

So has the agreement been broken? or does a previous offer null and void it?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:36 - Apr 9 with 7039 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:34 - Apr 9 by 3swan

So has the agreement been broken? or does a previous offer null and void it?

No the agreement hasnt been broken. Shares have to be offered before being sold. No shares have been sold.

Could easily say that is splitting hairs but that is the basis of it really
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:37 - Apr 9 with 7036 viewsswancity

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:31 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

Ok ...good luck anyway

But a Company with a turnover of what £100m? doesn't need to inform a major shareholder of a possible or potential sale?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:40 - Apr 9 with 6984 viewsmonmouth

I can't believe that a poentialfor a majority sale wouldn't have to be on the Board agenda. What do the articles say?

ps just to say I know ferk all about company law for private companies so the questions aren't loaded.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:43 - Apr 9 with 6936 viewsymaohyd

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:54 - Apr 9 by icecoldjack

Shut up!

Trust the people who run the club.

They are sitting on a fortune tonight with todays win.

To expect the board to turn their noses up at making a fortune is ridiculous.

Good luck to all concerned.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:45 - Apr 9 with 6900 viewsDarran

Am I the only one that finds it staggering that the current directors won't make the Trusts shareholding up to 25% between them myself?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:46 - Apr 9 with 6900 viewsUplandsJack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:58 - Apr 9 by bonymine

DIVORCE

I heard two weeks ago that allegedly MM was in mumbles pissed up going on about he was going to sell his shares and get as much money out of the club as soon as possible. How true this is I don't know, just what I heard!
To be honest I dismissed it till tonight!!!!
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:47 - Apr 9 with 6887 viewsWatchman

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:43 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Shut up!

Trust the people who run the club.

They are sitting on a fortune tonight with todays win.

To expect the board to turn their noses up at making a fortune is ridiculous.

Good luck to all concerned.

I will play devils advocate here

Is it about the football or the money now?

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024