Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! 17:46 - Dec 1 with 1659 viewsDavillin

Flynn to the rescue.

Bob's son might not be here in January [but later left unsaid]. Edit: Read it for yourself at:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/01/swansea-city-boss-bob-bradley-discusses-the

Bob hopes to have money available in January.

Wait. That wasn't a "tingle." It was a "tinkle" of yellow liquid.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 18:23]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:26 - Dec 1 with 1584 viewsDavillin

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/01/swansea-city-boss-bob-bradley-discusses-the

"Swansea City boss Bob Bradley discusses the chances of signing his son Michael in January"

The 29-year-old Toronto FC midfielder has been proposed as a potential target for the Swans since his father took charge of the club in October.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with The Front 3 Football Podcast, Swansea City manager Bob Bradley has stressed that he has not talked to his son, Toronto FC and US national team captain Michael Bradley, about potentially joining the Premier League club in January.

With the elder Bradley replacing Francesco Guidolin as Swansea boss in early October, rumours have since been rife that the ex-USA head coach could try to bring Michael to the Liberty Stadium during the winter transfer window on either a short-term loan deal or even a permanent basis.

The 29-year-old former Roma midfielder has already experienced Premier League football after spending the second half of the 2010-11 season on loan at Aston Villa and has been in impressive form for Toronto over recent months amid their run to their first-ever MLS Cup final.

However, while the 126-times capped American does harbour ambitions of playing in Europe again in the future, his father does not see him coming back across the Atlantic as soon as next month.

“It’s not something that in the moment has been discussed at all,” Bradley said in the interview with Scott Nicholls. “Michael spent eight years in Europe. He loves European football, but he’s also a competitor and after the first season at Roma — where he felt that he had played well and been an important part of the team — he was frustrated in the second season when Rudi Garcia became manager.

“They had talented midfielders — (Daniele) De Rossi, (Kevin) Strootman and (Miralem) Pjanic — all talented players. But Michael felt that he was in the same group and it frustrated him that if he had the best week in training or had played well in a match, that didn’t count for more. That isn’t what he wanted.

“He really wanted to find a situation where he was going to be tested as a leader; he was going to be responsible for what that team was all about. Toronto was a big challenge. It’s not been an easy situation at all, but they’ve made progress every year and I know how committed and motivated he is and how exited he is about the opportunity he has. At the moment, I’m excited for him.

“We’ve had moments where our football paths have crossed, but at the same time it doesn’t always work out either, so I would highly doubt that it’s the kind of thing that fits well at the moment.”

Nonetheless, with Swansea currently sitting 19th in the table after 13 games with only nine points and 26 goals conceded, Bradley did acknowledge that he will likely need to bring in some reinforcements over the winter to help boost the club’s survival hopes.

“When you come into a new club, there are people in place that are already far down the road identifying players,” the ex-Stabaek and Le Havre manager added. “And I just make sure that that part becomes another part of the discussion as we move forward.

“We still have a lot of work to do, but I feel so far we’re seeing a lot of things the same way and trying to figure out what we can still do to add some of the right kind of guys and improve our squad.

“As everyone knows, when the first half of the season has been difficult, when you make a few changes the right kind of guys can really pay dividends in the second half when there’s a lot to play for.”

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:38 - Dec 1 with 1540 viewsblueytheblue

“They had talented midfielders — (Daniele) De Rossi, (Kevin) Strootman and (Miralem) Pjanic — all talented players. But Michael felt that he was in the same group and it frustrated him that if he had the best week in training or had played well in a match, that didn’t count for more."

So believing you're in a group of good quality isn't just a delusion suffered by the father then? Those three games at Villa must have gone to his head...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:59 - Dec 1 with 1473 viewsJango

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:38 - Dec 1 by blueytheblue

“They had talented midfielders — (Daniele) De Rossi, (Kevin) Strootman and (Miralem) Pjanic — all talented players. But Michael felt that he was in the same group and it frustrated him that if he had the best week in training or had played well in a match, that didn’t count for more."

So believing you're in a group of good quality isn't just a delusion suffered by the father then? Those three games at Villa must have gone to his head...

That confidence and self belief has led to them both having successful careers in football and probably becoming very rich off it. Bitterness is it's own prison
The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:59 - Dec 1 with 1469 viewsLeonWasGod

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:38 - Dec 1 by blueytheblue

I only got that far and that screamed out of the piece. They're not short of confidence in that family, that's for sure. Bob thinks he's up there with Klopp and Guardiola. And Michael thought he was as good as De Rossi and Pjanic.

Unfortunately for them you have to walk the talk in this game, not just talk it.
The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 19:03 - Dec 1 with 1453 viewslonglostjack

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:59 - Dec 1 by Jango

That confidence and self belief has led to them both having successful careers in football and probably becoming very rich off it. Bitterness is it's own prison

Bit like Eton boys. Just substitute the word football for politics.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 19:05]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 03:20 - Dec 2 with 1143 viewsDavillin

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:59 - Dec 1 by Jango

Sorry, dead wrong on both points.

Pt. 1: confidence and self-belief get no-one anywhere without any of several other coincidences -- sometimes nepotism.

Misplaced confidence and self belief almost invariably get one into situations way above his pay grade, as in these two characters' cases.

Pt. 2. Bitterness is no-one's prison. One can easily escape bitterness -- with a bit of knowledge and a bit of reflection. Without knowledge and reflection, bitterness is more aptly compared to a carnivorous internal worm or a virus or a tumor -- all three of which are internal not external.

[p.s. If, as I suspect, you were attributing bitterness to me, you were displaying a serious lack of knowledge about me, with no idea whatsoever of why I posted that article or what I think about it.]

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 07:59 - Dec 2 with 991 viewsJango

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 03:20 - Dec 2 by Davillin

Sorry, dead wrong on both points.

Pt. 1: confidence and self-belief get no-one anywhere without any of several other coincidences -- sometimes nepotism.

Misplaced confidence and self belief almost invariably get one into situations way above his pay grade, as in these two characters' cases.

Pt. 2. Bitterness is no-one's prison. One can easily escape bitterness -- with a bit of knowledge and a bit of reflection. Without knowledge and reflection, bitterness is more aptly compared to a carnivorous internal worm or a virus or a tumor -- all three of which are internal not external.

[p.s. If, as I suspect, you were attributing bitterness to me, you were displaying a serious lack of knowledge about me, with no idea whatsoever of why I posted that article or what I think about it.]

what a load of absolute crap! Michael Bradley making 42 appearances over 2 seasons, even starting the cup final for Roma, and also breaking the record in Holland by scoring 20 goals from midfield in the eredevise at the age of 20 for Heerenveen, was all down to his misplaced confidence, not his actual ability as a footballer! He didn't deserve his transfer fee or pay grade because you say so.

I don't want to see Michael Bradley come here and if I had the choice I wouldn't have chosen Bob Bradley as our manager but the defamation of both on this website for things that are no fault of their own is quite sad really.

Some can easily escape bitterness, some just can't. You are obviously one of the latter no matter what words of wisdom you conjure up
The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 17:46 - Dec 2 with 760 viewsDavillin

Jango wrote: Some can easily escape bitterness, some just can't. You are obviously one of the latter no matter what words of wisdom you conjure up sic

I am not bitter about a single thing in this world, and never have been in all my life about anything. But you can't know that. Or won't.

Wisdom is the result of experience, study, reflection, and synthesis. Ain't no "bitterness" in that process.

The following is from Ambrose Bierce:

"In the desert I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held his heart in his hands, And ate of it. I said, ‘Is it good, friend?’ ‘It is bitter – bitter,’ he answered, ‘But I like it Because it is bitter, And because it is my heart.'"

I'm done with this part of the thread..

Login to get fewer ads

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 17:53 - Dec 2 with 734 viewsskippyjack

Michael Bradley is a decent player.. but is he going to be up to speed with the Premier League pace?.. it takes time to adapt, and time we haven't got!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 18:02 - Dec 2 with 727 viewsDarran

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 17:53 - Dec 2 by skippyjack

Michael Bradley is a decent player.. but is he going to be up to speed with the Premier League pace?.. it takes time to adapt, and time we haven't got!

Well not as up to speed as the kids Little Brian is bringing in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 19:09 - Dec 2 with 649 viewsJango

The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 17:46 - Dec 2 by Davillin

Jango wrote: Some can easily escape bitterness, some just can't. You are obviously one of the latter no matter what words of wisdom you conjure up sic

I am not bitter about a single thing in this world, and never have been in all my life about anything. But you can't know that. Or won't.

Wisdom is the result of experience, study, reflection, and synthesis. Ain't no "bitterness" in that process.

The following is from Ambrose Bierce:

"In the desert I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held his heart in his hands, And ate of it. I said, ‘Is it good, friend?’ ‘It is bitter – bitter,’ he answered, ‘But I like it Because it is bitter, And because it is my heart.'"

I'm done with this part of the thread..

I don't think I've ever come across anyone who spouts as much pretentious jargon as you.
The News Today Sends a Tingle down my Leg! on 20:08 - Dec 2 with 608 viewsdameedna

Bradley m at age 29 wins a cup final and is on a good wicket at Toronto.
Never seen him play but has had a very successful career which continues base on his talent and ability.
Nobody plays for Roma without being a serious geezer.
Let us not sink into a pit the reality is we are connected to the MLS and Bradley has pedigree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024