Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23's 21:20 - Jan 10 with 4936 viewsAussieSwan

Surely it wouldn't hurt to give a few of them a run in the Prem, even as substitutes? They seem to be absolutely flying at the moment, great win over Wolverhampton tonight.

I know McBurnie has started to get a few minutes, but the likes of Byers, Jones and Dan James seem to be on fire of late. Admittedly I have not seen them in action so am going off media reports. I know the standard is a lot lower than the Prem, but we've got some fairly average players on our bench at the moment who aren't doing much at all.

We know the U23's will be hungry and eager to impress if given an opportunity. I think it'd be great for their development to give them a crack as well. Plus, if our Prem results keep going downhill I don't see how it would hurt.

Thoughts?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Under 23's on 21:24 - Jan 10 with 4256 viewsMurph75

Where's the thread gone about the U23's winning tonight? It's just disappeared??
Under 23's on 21:24 - Jan 10 with 4254 viewsLoyal

Dan James is head and shoulders above Dyer for sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Under 23's on 21:25 - Jan 10 with 4217 viewsMurph75

Under 23's on 21:24 - Jan 10 by Loyal

Dan James is head and shoulders above Dyer for sure.

In height?
Under 23's on 21:27 - Jan 10 with 4199 viewslifelong

At the moment we are still in the mix, a win Saturday would be huge for us, too early to be throwing in under 23 players.
Under 23's on 21:29 - Jan 10 with 4167 viewsAussieSwan

Under 23's on 21:27 - Jan 10 by lifelong

At the moment we are still in the mix, a win Saturday would be huge for us, too early to be throwing in under 23 players.

I'm saying this irrespective of league position. Form is form.

Saturday would be the perfect chance for the somebody like James to get a run off the bench.

Montero out, Barrow possibly as well for the Arsenal game. Unless we add Narsingh or somebody before then, that leaves us with only Dyer and Routledge as our recognised wingers in the squad, which is rather uninspiring. We aren't in 2011 any more.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:31]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Under 23's on 21:29 - Jan 10 with 4165 viewsraynor94

Is the correct answer, plenty of time next season if we fail to stay up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Under 23's on 21:29 - Jan 10 with 4147 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Not when they are outshining senior players in games. James looked far superior to Barrow tonight. He made the lightning runs Barrow can but James actually found team mates at the end of the runs. Barrow was his usual self tonight, skinned a few players then crossed or passed the final ball to a Wolves player.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Under 23's on 21:35 - Jan 10 with 4083 viewsJackBaston

Ive been shouting for James to get a chance for months
hes a much more complete player than the wingers we currently have
Though ive only seen him against Plymouth and a few u23 teams
Login to get fewer ads

Under 23's on 21:38 - Jan 10 with 4039 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I've just got back and no is the answer to the OP

A very young looking Wolves team murdered us 1st half ,fair play to the swans a decent 2 nd half .

Miles away at the moment apart from Dan James who did well tonight when he had a one on one with the full back but again it was only a young kid marking him .

Playing tremmel in goals tonight was just F@cking ridiculous also .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Under 23's on 21:42 - Jan 10 with 3985 viewsjasper_T

Under 23's on 21:35 - Jan 10 by JackBaston

Ive been shouting for James to get a chance for months
hes a much more complete player than the wingers we currently have
Though ive only seen him against Plymouth and a few u23 teams

He can pass, use both feet, makes intelligent runs and isn't scared to take someone on (and quickly, not this stand still doing stepovers nonsense).

The only issue is his size, technically he's good enough to be getting minutes already.
Under 23's on 21:44 - Jan 10 with 3957 viewsfelixstowe_jack

hat was the crowd like?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Under 23's on 21:44 - Jan 10 with 3953 viewsgrabsplatter

James looks a far more intelligent footballer than either Barrow or montero, more of a goal threat than either & a better final ball.
The lad is quick & uses both feet unlike some others, why he hasn't been given a chance is beyond me given our underperforming wingers.
Under 23's on 21:45 - Jan 10 with 3938 viewsIeuanIvett98

I'm very tempted to go to the next round game. I want to see Swansea win a game and they seem to be the answer to that.

Poll: Would you sacrifice Premier League status to be in the right hands?

Under 23's on 21:47 - Jan 10 with 3920 viewslifelong

Under 23's on 21:29 - Jan 10 by AussieSwan

I'm saying this irrespective of league position. Form is form.

Saturday would be the perfect chance for the somebody like James to get a run off the bench.

Montero out, Barrow possibly as well for the Arsenal game. Unless we add Narsingh or somebody before then, that leaves us with only Dyer and Routledge as our recognised wingers in the squad, which is rather uninspiring. We aren't in 2011 any more.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:31]

I think you are talking about a last resort scenario there, Dyer, Routledge and Barrow have hundreds of Premier League games between them. We are in a high pressure situation and now is not the time to throw on a complete novice as far as the Premier League is concerned.
Under 23's on 21:47 - Jan 10 with 3920 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Under 23's on 21:44 - Jan 10 by felixstowe_jack

hat was the crowd like?

About 150 wolves

Free buses down

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Under 23's on 21:49 - Jan 10 with 3911 viewsjasper_T

Under 23's on 21:38 - Jan 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

I've just got back and no is the answer to the OP

A very young looking Wolves team murdered us 1st half ,fair play to the swans a decent 2 nd half .

Miles away at the moment apart from Dan James who did well tonight when he had a one on one with the full back but again it was only a young kid marking him .

Playing tremmel in goals tonight was just F@cking ridiculous also .

In fairness Wolves u23s aren't bad either, very young-looking or not. They got to this round for a reason.
Under 23's on 21:53 - Jan 10 with 3861 viewsjasonbromham

Just got back from the game. I'll start by saying what a joy to watch once again. I just love the passion they all have and the will to win. It was a slow start from us tonight, they didn't quite seem themselves. Second half though it was a return to normal. Fantastic football and really went at Wolves who also looked pretty decent.

A little write up on each player:

Tremell - Awful first half, not shouting for balls, flat footed for the goal, second half he was better.

Reid - Very solid tonight, he really is a lump but actually has a bit of pace too. Impressed!

Rodon - Steady as usual, very promising future ahead.

K.Davies - First half he was okay but really stepped up second half, overall a good performance from both centre backs.

A.Lewis - Much better than the game against Chelsea, again not great first half but grew into the game as it went on.

Holland - Got stuck in tonight, didn't do anything special but pretty solid.

Maric - Played well, had a good little weaving run in the second half.

Barrow - Looked like he couldn't be bothered and didn't want to be there, went off injured. Not sure if he was doing a Taylor and faking as he was just trying to get fouled all the time.

Byers - Once again very creative and put a lovely ball into the box for Mcburnie's second goal.

James - Wow! How he is not our first choice winger is beyond me. Light years ahead of Montero, Routledge, Dyer and Barrow. First half struggled to effect the game as we spend a lot of it on the back foot. Second half he was incredible, driving at his full back everytime. I didn't realise how quick he was and his end product is on the money. It's refreshing to see a winger looking up and putting a cross into a dangerous position. Our current wingers could lead a lot.

Mcburnie - Great positioning for his 2 goals, the first one paid off due to persistence, the second he was able to hang in the air for what seemed like an age and head the ball off the post and into the net. Also nearly scored a fantastic bicycle kick other than a good save from the Wolves keeper. E also worked very hard and with a bit of service is worth a run in the first team.

Subs:

O.Jones - Came on early for Barrow, looked much better than Barrow and the game seemed to change for us when he came on.

J.Evans - Steady showing from the bench in midfield.

All in all a throughly enjoyable night and I would recommend people to try and go and see them when they can.

The only depressing part is seeing the energy and enthusiasm from the U23s and then watching the first team. If only there was the same effort.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:55]
Under 23's on 21:56 - Jan 10 with 3833 viewsjasper_T

Under 23's on 21:47 - Jan 10 by lifelong

I think you are talking about a last resort scenario there, Dyer, Routledge and Barrow have hundreds of Premier League games between them. We are in a high pressure situation and now is not the time to throw on a complete novice as far as the Premier League is concerned.

I'm laughing at the idea that Barrow is an experienced pro comfortable in pressure situations.
Under 23's on 21:59 - Jan 10 with 3793 viewsgrabsplatter

Under 23's on 21:47 - Jan 10 by lifelong

Sorry but I disagree with that, Barrow isn't performing & offers nothing apart from pace. He lasted 25 minutes or so tonight & didn't look interested when he was on the pitch.
I'd have Dan James on the bench and give him 15/20 minutes & see how he goes
Under 23's on 22:05 - Jan 10 with 3719 viewsvetchonian

I myself have often quoted the " if your good enough your old enough" adage but I would ask ow long have you been watching the Swans not for point scoring but I remember what happened to us in our last season in the old first division when we were forced to play a lot of our promising youngsters....whilst Maoist of them had the ability they lacked the experience as a result we were doomed to the drop plus the possible promising careers of several prospects was destroyed a relegation battle is it the time to be pitching in "rookies"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Under 23's on 22:07 - Jan 10 with 3697 viewsLoyal

Under 23's on 21:47 - Jan 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

About 150 wolves

Free buses down

700 ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Under 23's on 22:12 - Jan 10 with 3650 viewsmorningstar

Under 23's on 22:07 - Jan 10 by Loyal

700 ?

700? ...Is that amount we'd take to Wembley if we got to the final!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Under 23's on 22:23 - Jan 10 with 3574 viewsTim_Harry

Under 23's on 21:53 - Jan 10 by jasonbromham

Just got back from the game. I'll start by saying what a joy to watch once again. I just love the passion they all have and the will to win. It was a slow start from us tonight, they didn't quite seem themselves. Second half though it was a return to normal. Fantastic football and really went at Wolves who also looked pretty decent.

A little write up on each player:

Tremell - Awful first half, not shouting for balls, flat footed for the goal, second half he was better.

Reid - Very solid tonight, he really is a lump but actually has a bit of pace too. Impressed!

Rodon - Steady as usual, very promising future ahead.

K.Davies - First half he was okay but really stepped up second half, overall a good performance from both centre backs.

A.Lewis - Much better than the game against Chelsea, again not great first half but grew into the game as it went on.

Holland - Got stuck in tonight, didn't do anything special but pretty solid.

Maric - Played well, had a good little weaving run in the second half.

Barrow - Looked like he couldn't be bothered and didn't want to be there, went off injured. Not sure if he was doing a Taylor and faking as he was just trying to get fouled all the time.

Byers - Once again very creative and put a lovely ball into the box for Mcburnie's second goal.

James - Wow! How he is not our first choice winger is beyond me. Light years ahead of Montero, Routledge, Dyer and Barrow. First half struggled to effect the game as we spend a lot of it on the back foot. Second half he was incredible, driving at his full back everytime. I didn't realise how quick he was and his end product is on the money. It's refreshing to see a winger looking up and putting a cross into a dangerous position. Our current wingers could lead a lot.

Mcburnie - Great positioning for his 2 goals, the first one paid off due to persistence, the second he was able to hang in the air for what seemed like an age and head the ball off the post and into the net. Also nearly scored a fantastic bicycle kick other than a good save from the Wolves keeper. E also worked very hard and with a bit of service is worth a run in the first team.

Subs:

O.Jones - Came on early for Barrow, looked much better than Barrow and the game seemed to change for us when he came on.

J.Evans - Steady showing from the bench in midfield.

All in all a throughly enjoyable night and I would recommend people to try and go and see them when they can.

The only depressing part is seeing the energy and enthusiasm from the U23s and then watching the first team. If only there was the same effort.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:55]

Excellent post.

Agree with most of that. I thought we were a bit sloppy at the back in the first half and gave their strikers way too much time. Wolves could and probably should have scored a couple more.

Agree on Dan James. Difficult to say what he'd be like in a Prem game, but he seems to have all the attributes to do very well. Looks like a very confident player as well which could be the big difference between making it and not making it. Would be nice to see him get a few sub appearances.

I'd love to see McBurnie get another go as well. Got some bad reviews on here last time, but most of those were pretty harsh. Two nice finishes and that overhead kick would have been an absolute screamer if it wasn't for a very good save. Some nice touches elesewhere on the pitch too.
The problem he has is he doesn't look like a professional footballer and that's all some on here are capable of seeing. He runs like a tall Paul Chalmers and probably needs to gain a stone in weight and pull his socks up. He looks like the kind of bloke you see walking around Tesco in his pyjamas!

Good luck Googling Paul Chalmers, kids!
Under 23's on 22:51 - Jan 10 with 3476 viewsbuilthjack

Under 23's on 21:24 - Jan 10 by Murph75

Where's the thread gone about the U23's winning tonight? It's just disappeared??

Somebody has pulled it for some reason

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Under 23's on 23:12 - Jan 10 with 3408 viewsSwansNZ

Was Clement there?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024