Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson 14:23 - Mar 19 with 1133 viewsswancity

A lot to learn. Don't turn your back to every shot. Look at the ball. If it means a smash in the face or balls then so be it. Stay on your feet where possible but do not ever turn your back as you always do. Youre not a shithouse but youre learning the game. This is basic though.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Mawson on 14:29 - Mar 19 with 1119 viewsbuilthjack

He's still very very raw, out of position more often than not. But hopefully will learn with the right coaching, and progress quickly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mawson on 14:57 - Mar 19 with 1068 viewsQuincy999

He is far off from being the complete article yet and can go from the sublime to the ridiculous very quickly in a match but potentially he has it all, how exciting is that.
Would you swap him for Ashley Williams? I wouldn't.
Mawson on 15:05 - Mar 19 with 1048 viewsswancity

Mawson on 14:57 - Mar 19 by Quincy999

He is far off from being the complete article yet and can go from the sublime to the ridiculous very quickly in a match but potentially he has it all, how exciting is that.

Yes huge potential and he seems keen to learn with a great attitude which is vital

But Mawson or Williams now? Until the end of this season in our predicament? Williams by a country mile. But for the future? Mawson looks a good prospect.

Mawson on 15:11 - Mar 19 with 1031 viewsoldcob

Give him another season we'll have a job holding on to him. They're all going to want him. Still young for centre back, another 10 to 12 years left in him. He'll be a bargain for one of the big boys.
Mawson on 15:17 - Mar 19 with 1014 viewsswancity

Mawson on 15:11 - Mar 19 by oldcob

Give him another season we'll have a job holding on to him. They're all going to want him. Still young for centre back, another 10 to 12 years left in him. He'll be a bargain for one of the big boys.

Hes going to need to improve considerably for a big team to want him. Hes doing OK defensively. No more than that. But is a big threat from set pieces too.

Hes going to improve but has so much to learn. Potential yes but needs to improve his positioning, distribution, consistency and the little things; turning his back, staying on his feet.

Mawson on 15:40 - Mar 19 with 983 viewsAl_Bundy

Mawson and Ollsen should be the defence we build around for next season. Kingsley, VDH, FF,Amat , Rangel and Naughton I would ship out along with Bartley if we stay in the prem.

I dare say if we go down most of those will be with us next season unfortunately !
Mawson on 16:03 - Mar 19 with 949 viewsperchrockjack

He wont learn it from Fernandez for sure.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Mawson on 16:09 - Mar 19 with 936 viewsicecoldjack

Mawson on 14:57 - Mar 19 by Quincy999

Err.. of course i would swap him for Williams!

One is seasoned pro, the other is a prospect . His partnership with flaky fernandez is about as up and down as you can get, it's the main reason we see our selves struggling in the league.

Mawson needed a season of adjustment with the odd game here and there, to use a guy who was playing L1 level 2 seasons ago and expect world class results is foolish, it's huge credit to Alfie that overall he hasn't disgraced himself, but so many aspects of his game need work, Mawson's a great prospect and if we stay up he will take massive credit but the truth is that he shouldn't be near the team yet, his goals have masked poor defensive judgement and inexperience.

Problem is that even being under cooked for this level he's probably the best we have, i've championed Amat for yonks but he's proved to be incapable of making the step up and showing progression.

It all just keeps coming back to poor recruitment and too many cheap as chips signings on 20k a week plus.

For the wages of Amat,VDH and Mawson we could have actually signed a proper experienced centre half. Ditto full back, ditto midfield.
The only place we spent a bit of money was for a striker that doesn't fit in our system!!
Hope Mawson starts putting in defensive performances soon otherwise we are fooked! as for fernandez, 2 times he steps out of his defensive line,2 times it results in a goal and the loss of 3 pts. The ink isn't even dry on his new contract and he's already back to playing like a minge !

Oh well, just gotta keep our fingers crossed we can limp over the line and clement can conduct major surgery in the summer. The away support was superb yesterday, shame the players didn't show the same passion as the supporters!
Login to get fewer ads

Mawson on 16:15 - Mar 19 with 919 viewsDarran

Mawson on 16:09 - Mar 19 by icecoldjack

Err.. of course i would swap him for Williams!

One is seasoned pro, the other is a prospect . His partnership with flaky fernandez is about as up and down as you can get, it's the main reason we see our selves struggling in the league.

Mawson needed a season of adjustment with the odd game here and there, to use a guy who was playing L1 level 2 seasons ago and expect world class results is foolish, it's huge credit to Alfie that overall he hasn't disgraced himself, but so many aspects of his game need work, Mawson's a great prospect and if we stay up he will take massive credit but the truth is that he shouldn't be near the team yet, his goals have masked poor defensive judgement and inexperience.

Problem is that even being under cooked for this level he's probably the best we have, i've championed Amat for yonks but he's proved to be incapable of making the step up and showing progression.

It all just keeps coming back to poor recruitment and too many cheap as chips signings on 20k a week plus.

For the wages of Amat,VDH and Mawson we could have actually signed a proper experienced centre half. Ditto full back, ditto midfield.
The only place we spent a bit of money was for a striker that doesn't fit in our system!!
Hope Mawson starts putting in defensive performances soon otherwise we are fooked! as for fernandez, 2 times he steps out of his defensive line,2 times it results in a goal and the loss of 3 pts. The ink isn't even dry on his new contract and he's already back to playing like a minge !

Oh well, just gotta keep our fingers crossed we can limp over the line and clement can conduct major surgery in the summer. The away support was superb yesterday, shame the players didn't show the same passion as the supporters!

You think it's poor recruitment?

Fuçk me you should have said mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mawson on 16:41 - Mar 19 with 850 viewsicecoldjack

Mawson on 16:15 - Mar 19 by Darran

You think it's poor recruitment?

Fuçk me you should have said mun.

Ah yes, forgot, it's s thread about football therefore Darran must de rail it with his usual bollcks.
Mawson on 16:43 - Mar 19 with 844 viewsperchrockjack

Ice says it as it is

Nobody but nobody could argue against that

No comment Pross

Just get the fook out of here

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Mawson on 16:44 - Mar 19 with 836 viewsDarran

Mawson on 16:41 - Mar 19 by icecoldjack

Ah yes, forgot, it's s thread about football therefore Darran must de rail it with his usual bollcks.

So you haven't said the same thing a multitude of times over the last few months then?

Change the fuçking record.

Mawson on 16:46 - Mar 19 with 828 viewsDarran

Mawson on 16:43 - Mar 19 by perchrockjack

Ice says it as it is

Nobody but nobody could argue against that

No comment Pross

Just get the fook out of here

I'll tell you one thing prick the only postive thing to come out of us being relegated is that you won't see us play and you won't be able to comment. Thick Scouce cùnt.

Mawson on 17:07 - Mar 19 with 787 viewsLoyal

Mawson on 16:46 - Mar 19 by Darran

I'll tell you one thing prick the only postive thing to come out of us being relegated is that you won't see us play and you won't be able to comment. Thick Scouce cùnt.

Scouse.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mawson on 17:09 - Mar 19 with 781 viewsDarran

Mawson on 17:07 - Mar 19 by Loyal

Scouse.

Scurvy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024