Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! 13:35 - Mar 28 with 1393 viewsSwansIndependent

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! 28th Mar 2021 13:33
Once again young, talented Welsh footballers of colour are being racially abused by pathetic morons on Instagram and other social media outlets. Nothing is being done, nothing is being pursued criminally and we just have to sit back and accept it ? Not a chance, this has to stop. 0

Click above for the news story
Click below to subscribe

This post has been edited by an administrator
More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 13:53 - Mar 28 with 1082 viewsTreforys_Jack

If everyone who is genuinely outraged stopped using, FB , Twitter and Instagram then surely these platforms will do something about it. Until then they won't.
More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 14:04 - Mar 28 with 1068 viewsKeithHaynes

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 13:53 - Mar 28 by Treforys_Jack

If everyone who is genuinely outraged stopped using, FB , Twitter and Instagram then surely these platforms will do something about it. Until then they won't.

Time to name and shame the people at these companies who are responsible for addressing this type of hate. Name them, shame them and confront them.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 14:38 - Mar 28 with 1041 viewsmax936

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 14:04 - Mar 28 by KeithHaynes

Time to name and shame the people at these companies who are responsible for addressing this type of hate. Name them, shame them and confront them.

Spot on and long overdue.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 14:46 - Mar 28 with 1038 viewsmajorraglan

I am not on Twitter and don’t do a great deal on FB and wasn’t aware that racist abuse had been directed at our players, thank you for highlighting what’s happened.
Racism is abhorrent and completely unacceptable, I hope that SWP investigate and that the offenders are prosecuted, named and shamed.
More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 14:59 - Mar 28 with 1026 viewsTreforys_Jack

You're always going to get the random idiot. That will never stop. Banning and immediate prosecution is the only way, as well as being named and shamed.
More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 16:19 - Mar 28 with 966 viewsCatullus

I've made my opinions about social media known before.

This forum is pretty much the only social media I take part in.

FB, Insta etc, far too many trolls and idiots.

They are everywhere.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 16:21 - Mar 28 with 962 viewstrampie

Where do you draw the line ?, I'm against all swearing, swearing in football is terrible, spectators in the crowd should be chucked out for swearing, players should be red carded for swearing, now most would not agree with that so where do you draw the line ?

It seems that some people think that calling someone a m*nkey is a locking up charge, yet someone gets called a c*nt and they don't seem to mind.

I'm against racism as in discrimination, but is name calling the same thing ?

Swans sticking with their player, oh I used the word sticking then as in stick your finger in the air, hmm, perhaps it was just the camera angle hey.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 16:35 - Mar 28 with 945 viewsbuilthjack

It surely should be easy to find out what phone/tablet etc this has come from ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 17:16 - Mar 28 with 915 viewstrampie

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 16:35 - Mar 28 by builthjack

It surely should be easy to find out what phone/tablet etc this has come from ?

Apparently a Lozano fanboy put up a camera shot of Lozeno having the finger and some Mexican fans reacted to what they seen as a disrespectful act, I saw it on live TV, I seen the two players having words and thought hello, because of all this racism, I actually wondered if anything had been said on the pitch at the time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 17:19 - Mar 28 with 915 viewsBadlands

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 16:21 - Mar 28 by trampie

Where do you draw the line ?, I'm against all swearing, swearing in football is terrible, spectators in the crowd should be chucked out for swearing, players should be red carded for swearing, now most would not agree with that so where do you draw the line ?

It seems that some people think that calling someone a m*nkey is a locking up charge, yet someone gets called a c*nt and they don't seem to mind.

Swans sticking with their player, oh I used the word sticking then as in stick your finger in the air, hmm, perhaps it was just the camera angle hey.

No, name calling is not the same thing.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 17:35 - Mar 28 with 908 viewsTreforys_Jack

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 16:19 - Mar 28 by Catullus

I've made my opinions about social media known before.

This forum is pretty much the only social media I take part in.

FB, Insta etc, far too many trolls and idiots.

They are everywhere.

Exactly where I'm at. I did have an Instagram account once for about a week.
More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 17:48 - Mar 28 with 898 viewsKeithHaynes

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 16:21 - Mar 28 by trampie

Which is why any post confronting another person using language or intimidating is removed on here, we have to start with ourselves.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:01 - Mar 28 with 873 viewsLohengrin

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 14:04 - Mar 28 by KeithHaynes

I wouldn’t have thought there were individuals monitoring anything, Keith. Twitter must have what? Millions, tens of millions of posts every day? It has to be some sort of software that scans for keywords and removes transgressive posts.

I don’t know why players go on the platforms they do when they know full well what a quagmire they are. Social media is like a Vampire in the old Hammer films, you have to invite it in in the first place for it to be in a position to bite you.

In an ideal world Twitter would be populated by gentlemen; in reality, as everyone knows, it’s anything but.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:36 - Mar 28 with 839 viewstrampie

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:01 - Mar 28 by Lohengrin

I wouldn’t have thought there were individuals monitoring anything, Keith. Twitter must have what? Millions, tens of millions of posts every day? It has to be some sort of software that scans for keywords and removes transgressive posts.

I don’t know why players go on the platforms they do when they know full well what a quagmire they are. Social media is like a Vampire in the old Hammer films, you have to invite it in in the first place for it to be in a position to bite you.

In an ideal world Twitter would be populated by gentlemen; in reality, as everyone knows, it’s anything but.

Swearing, abuse, whatever they call it is poor form as in not cricket old boy, but to me it's sticks and stones, if somebody abuses via bad language then give it back to them in kind, my experience is the instigators often like dishing it out but often can't take it when it's given back to them.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:39 - Mar 28 with 833 viewsKeithHaynes

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:01 - Mar 28 by Lohengrin

I think my main concern is the bureaucracy the police face when applying for access to the hidden information on FB and other media.There are specific disclosure officers for social media at these companies and they often refuse or won’t allow the information to be disclosed ( obviously company policy, so someone is blocking justice ) without weeks and weeks of tax payers money being wasted in court applications in Ireland and the USA. It’s pathetic.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:48 - Mar 28 with 815 viewsKeithHaynes

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:36 - Mar 28 by trampie

Swearing, abuse, whatever they call it is poor form as in not cricket old boy, but to me it's sticks and stones, if somebody abuses via bad language then give it back to them in kind, my experience is the instigators often like dishing it out but often can't take it when it's given back to them.

I quite agree but on here we do have an obligation to protect people from harassment and obviously kids who come on here linking that to our club, website or opinion. 👍

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:51 - Mar 28 with 809 viewstrampie

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:39 - Mar 28 by KeithHaynes

I think my main concern is the bureaucracy the police face when applying for access to the hidden information on FB and other media.There are specific disclosure officers for social media at these companies and they often refuse or won’t allow the information to be disclosed ( obviously company policy, so someone is blocking justice ) without weeks and weeks of tax payers money being wasted in court applications in Ireland and the USA. It’s pathetic.

It's dicey ground, deciding what swearing abuse is acceptable and what isn't, discrimination on the other hand is terrible and should be against the law but swearing is a dicey one, old Sunday school chapel boy see butt so don't swear unless sworn at lol, but how can the authorities say it's ok the call a Welshman this or that but you can't call somebody from Timbuktu this or that ?
Although you could say I'm against swearing outlawing swearing is a minefield for authorities I would say and they should not go there.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 19:14 - Mar 28 with 791 viewstrampie

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:48 - Mar 28 by KeithHaynes

I quite agree but on here we do have an obligation to protect people from harassment and obviously kids who come on here linking that to our club, website or opinion. 👍

Oh as regards this site I totally agree.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 19:37 - Mar 28 with 783 viewsLohengrin

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:39 - Mar 28 by KeithHaynes

That reluctance/refusal to play ball with police has nothing to do with the sort of bedsit-dwelling Herberts that get their kicks from hurling gratuitous insults around, Keith. It’s in place to protect dissident thinkers from the dawn raid, from persecution by autocratic states.

Would that concern apply here? Ask yourself would Johnson’s Foreign Office, or indeed Macron’s Ministère des Affaires étrangères, be prepared to gather and barter information on individuals if it helped secure favourable trade deals?

I think we know.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 20:54 - Mar 28 with 749 viewsnantywatcher

Why not issue fines to the platforms rather than the posters. FB, Instagram etc, would soon come up with the technology if it was hitting their obscene profits.
More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 20:57 - Mar 28 with 743 viewstrampie

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 20:54 - Mar 28 by nantywatcher

Why not issue fines to the platforms rather than the posters. FB, Instagram etc, would soon come up with the technology if it was hitting their obscene profits.

Good shout.

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 02:04 - Mar 29 with 677 viewsBadlands

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 20:54 - Mar 28 by nantywatcher

I agree and would licence users - break the code and lose your licence.
But, the net is world wide with different laws applying in different territories and then there's the question of what constitutes abuse and to what extent would bans be used to silence legitimate political groups or those simply wanting to be treated equally or fairly?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 11:50 - Mar 29 with 618 viewsKeithHaynes

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 19:37 - Mar 28 by Lohengrin

That reluctance/refusal to play ball with police has nothing to do with the sort of bedsit-dwelling Herberts that get their kicks from hurling gratuitous insults around, Keith. It’s in place to protect dissident thinkers from the dawn raid, from persecution by autocratic states.

Would that concern apply here? Ask yourself would Johnson’s Foreign Office, or indeed Macron’s Ministère des Affaires étrangères, be prepared to gather and barter information on individuals if it helped secure favourable trade deals?

I think we know.

Their refusal to disclose information is key to the process of convicting these morons.

Your last point, yes we do know 😉

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 12:05 - Mar 29 with 607 viewsA_Fans_Dad

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 18:51 - Mar 28 by trampie

It's dicey ground, deciding what swearing abuse is acceptable and what isn't, discrimination on the other hand is terrible and should be against the law but swearing is a dicey one, old Sunday school chapel boy see butt so don't swear unless sworn at lol, but how can the authorities say it's ok the call a Welshman this or that but you can't call somebody from Timbuktu this or that ?
Although you could say I'm against swearing outlawing swearing is a minefield for authorities I would say and they should not go there.

You are not going far enough with the line drawing analogy.

Fans on here think nothing of slagging off the English, which is racist, they think nothing of slagging off Cardiff fans, a hate speech crime.
They accept being called Sheep Sh@ggers, which is also racist.
Rugby fans slag off "Turks" etc.
Triballism is where racism starts from, nothing to do with colour per se but all to do with "not in my gang", "not for me, so must be against me" thinking.
For some reason Humans evolved to hate or be intolarent of anybody "different".

Where to draw the line is the most difficult thing in the world and depends a lot on your upbringing, to certain Eastern European countries Racism is seen as "normal".
It is accepted that many Muslims are Religionphobes and literally hate anyone no muslim.

Just restricting the crime or unacceptability to colour is wrong, but also extremely naive, you cannot legislate away human nature, they can never control how people think.
But they can control what is written, when they want to they can take down stuff in seconds and block even Presidents from using their sites. What they should be doing is regulating prior to printing, it would only delay the appearance of what is written for a short period of time.
But when they do so you can forget "freedom of speech", because they have become the arbitors of what is and is not allowed.
More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 20:13 - Mar 29 with 527 viewsReslovenSwan1

More racial abuse, and we are sick of it ! STOP talking, take action NOW ! on 12:05 - Mar 29 by A_Fans_Dad

You are not going far enough with the line drawing analogy.

Fans on here think nothing of slagging off the English, which is racist, they think nothing of slagging off Cardiff fans, a hate speech crime.
They accept being called Sheep Sh@ggers, which is also racist.
Rugby fans slag off "Turks" etc.
Triballism is where racism starts from, nothing to do with colour per se but all to do with "not in my gang", "not for me, so must be against me" thinking.
For some reason Humans evolved to hate or be intolarent of anybody "different".

Where to draw the line is the most difficult thing in the world and depends a lot on your upbringing, to certain Eastern European countries Racism is seen as "normal".
It is accepted that many Muslims are Religionphobes and literally hate anyone no muslim.

Just restricting the crime or unacceptability to colour is wrong, but also extremely naive, you cannot legislate away human nature, they can never control how people think.
But they can control what is written, when they want to they can take down stuff in seconds and block even Presidents from using their sites. What they should be doing is regulating prior to printing, it would only delay the appearance of what is written for a short period of time.
But when they do so you can forget "freedom of speech", because they have become the arbitors of what is and is not allowed.

Anti English chants are not generally racist. Advising where to go to the toilet is not racist. Advising the the English are always cheating is not racist if seen in a sporting setting.

We (UKfootball fans) are no better than East Europeans we just have different targets. In the face of it being accused of bestially is as bad as it gets. English target the Welsh. I see it and do not get too upset unless its up close and personal. Craig Bellamy and Savage must have had dog's abuse, I saw a youtube clip of the Welsh boxer Liam Willams seeing his weigh in interview drowned out by 'bah' noises from a rabble and youtube had to edit out the greeting he got at the weigh in to a fight up north.

People say welsh people should take it as a joke and it is "normal" banter. I do not it is designed to put us in our place.

Wales has another blind spot in relation to the 1974 Lions tour. No Black players were allowed in the Springbok team and the Lions did not pick any dark skined players possibly by agreement. As far as I know the WRU have never apoolgised for these SA aparthied tours and players like Gareth Edwards, JPR, Gerald Davies, Phil Bennett have never apologised as far as I know and many are still revered and paid as pundits. I am old enough not to be able to brush this under the carppet and comment on Wales on line whenever these names crop up. One or two players have gone to their grave with this legacy open on their wikipedia page.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024