Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had 10:15 - Jan 2 with 2243 viewsangryjack

To have my 15 year old jack Russell put to sleep yesterday, felt worse than losing my dad...he was best friend followed me everywhere..its crazy how much a dog can have an affect on your life...couldn't even go in room with him for his last breath due to covid .its killed me handing him over and he was looking at me as if to say,what's happening.. can't get that thought out my head for a minute...anyone else felt this ..
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 10:16]
Had on 10:22 - Jan 2 with 1698 viewsCountyJim

So sorry so sad
Had on 10:22 - Jan 2 with 1697 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Anybody with any empathy should feel a lot of grief after having a faithful pet for so many years.
There are those that can't face going through it again and those that can't wait to replace their doggy pal with a new one.
Nothing so strange as folk.
Had on 10:23 - Jan 2 with 1697 viewstrampie

Sorry to hear about your loss, it's normal how you are feeling angryjack, time is a great healer they say and it will take time, don't forget your old jack Russell would not want you to be heart broken for a long time.
All loving pet owners go through it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Had on 10:42 - Jan 2 with 1667 viewsangryjack

Had on 10:23 - Jan 2 by trampie

Sorry to hear about your loss, it's normal how you are feeling angryjack, time is a great healer they say and it will take time, don't forget your old jack Russell would not want you to be heart broken for a long time.
All loving pet owners go through it.

Thanks trample mate...never thought would hit me like this ...making that decision was so hard..don't wish on anyone
Had on 10:43 - Jan 2 with 1653 viewsRonaldStump

Sorry to hear that mate. Awful awful thing to have to go through. part of the family are our dogs. Whoever said they are mans best friend was absolutely spot on. 15 years of unconditional love and many memories to look back on .....RIP
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 10:44]

(He She Him)

Had on 10:56 - Jan 2 with 1642 viewstrampie

Had on 10:42 - Jan 2 by angryjack

Thanks trample mate...never thought would hit me like this ...making that decision was so hard..don't wish on anyone

Yes I know butt.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Had on 11:01 - Jan 2 with 1620 viewsonehunglow

The reason we procrastinate about another dog,although they are a tie

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Had on 11:06 - Jan 2 with 1631 viewsBest_loser

Comfort yourself with the fact you gave the dog a good long life and didn't let it suffer at the end
Login to get fewer ads

Had on 11:09 - Jan 2 with 1613 viewsonehunglow

Had on 11:06 - Jan 2 by Best_loser

Comfort yourself with the fact you gave the dog a good long life and didn't let it suffer at the end

It is a loss.
We had a GSD put down at 3.
Awful stuff

We've been looking at the BSDs but we simply cannot make our mind's up

Huge commitment

Had on 11:30 - Jan 2 with 1605 viewsBoundy

Been there many years ago , our GSD had to be put down and I held her whilst the injection was administrated , never felt such grief so much so I vowed never to have another. But 20 + years on and we've acquired another but my thoughts still linger back and it may seem weird to some but I hope I go before he does as I can't imagine life without him

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Had on 11:37 - Jan 2 with 1596 viewsFireboy2

Had on 10:43 - Jan 2 by RonaldStump

Sorry to hear that mate. Awful awful thing to have to go through. part of the family are our dogs. Whoever said they are mans best friend was absolutely spot on. 15 years of unconditional love and many memories to look back on .....RIP
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 10:44]

Im so sorry to hear this sad news AJ.

As Ronald says look back on the good memories, they will get you through mate.
Had on 12:27 - Jan 2 with 1559 viewsCatullus

Had on 10:22 - Jan 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Anybody with any empathy should feel a lot of grief after having a faithful pet for so many years.
There are those that can't face going through it again and those that can't wait to replace their doggy pal with a new one.
Nothing so strange as folk.

I've gone through it several times with various different pets rats, cats and guinea pigs then there's been 2 dogs I've had to take on their last journey, one that took his last breaths on my lap and my current best friend. I'll will be very much like the OP when his time comes (which I hope will be peacefuly, in his sleep) and the thought of having to euthanise him is already killing me. He's 12 now.

I am very much in the "can't go through it again" camp and when my Albie passes that's my lot.

To the OP, my deepest sympathy, I know exactly how you feel after having to take my first dog to the vet at 16 and having him dragged away from me crying, not being allowed to be there with him, it was horrifying and Albie won't go through that, I'll be with him whatever happens.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Had on 13:44 - Jan 2 with 1534 viewspencoedjack

Sorry to hear that AJ it’s almost 3 years since I had my Weimaraner put to sleep & I still miss him.

Unconditional love.
Had on 14:01 - Jan 2 with 1516 viewsLuther27

Really sorry to hear the AJ. I carried my lab into the vet to have him put to sleep and cried my eyes out I don’t mind admitting. That was over 20 years ago and I’ve never had another dog.
I have however now got a cat…who I have to say is the most destructive creature that has ever owned me….but love her to bits.
Give it time mate.
Had on 14:24 - Jan 2 with 1497 viewsonehunglow

Had on 13:44 - Jan 2 by pencoedjack

Sorry to hear that AJ it’s almost 3 years since I had my Weimaraner put to sleep & I still miss him.

Unconditional love.

Beautiful animal and you've made my mind up for me

Had on 14:33 - Jan 2 with 1497 viewsTreforys_Jack

AJ, there isn't anything anyone can say that eases the pain you feel, only time will do that, however as been said, take solace that it sounds like he had a fab life with you, with someone who obviously loved him. I've done it a few times and it doesn't get any easier, only the knowledge that time does ease the loss. Bawled each time and proud of it. RiP AJ's Jack
Had on 14:43 - Jan 2 with 1488 viewspencoedjack

There was an excellent thread on the old site about dealing with the death of a dog.

TNT ( does he post these days) put a poem on just after the death of my dog.

Tried to search it but can’t find it.
Had on 14:59 - Jan 2 with 1480 viewsWingstandwood

Had on 14:43 - Jan 2 by pencoedjack

There was an excellent thread on the old site about dealing with the death of a dog.

TNT ( does he post these days) put a poem on just after the death of my dog.

Tried to search it but can’t find it.

A similar reply I have given before regarding the loss of a beloved dog but always poignant. The guy in the video is none other than James Stewart i.e. ex-Brigadier General of United States Air force and twice awarded holder of the Distinguished Flying Cross medal.

So nowt wrong with being upset about the loss of a beloved dog, because if he can be upset anyone can! The memories, years of love and knowledge that the best has been given is never forgotten and comforting.

Argus!

Had on 19:07 - Jan 2 with 1425 viewsFlashberryjack

Been through this, sincere condolences Angry.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Had on 19:25 - Jan 2 with 1412 viewsKeithHaynes

AJ mate, you gave everything, remember that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Had on 20:46 - Jan 2 with 1378 viewsbritferry

Angryjack: yes, its heartbreaking, I've had and lost 4 to old age

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Had on 21:08 - Jan 2 with 1364 viewsjack_lord

I think it has all been covered above.
Condolences to you AJ. My dog's are getting on now and I am dreading the days. I believe they understand every word we say so we can't even talk about them being old in front of them. They are so much nicer than people.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Had on 21:14 - Jan 2 with 1363 viewsangryjack

Thanks for all the messages..means a lot..everything is reminding me if him at moment...the empty house him not here is the worse..can't get his face out my head as I was ganging over to vet outside knowing I would never see him again and I just can't imagine what he was thinking..its really tough..seriously never felt this bad after loss of a loved one...its they trust you and rely on you so much..and I know I done right thing as he was getting weaker but I still feel guilty doing it..
Had on 23:10 - Jan 2 with 1319 viewsFireboy2

Had on 21:14 - Jan 2 by angryjack

Thanks for all the messages..means a lot..everything is reminding me if him at moment...the empty house him not here is the worse..can't get his face out my head as I was ganging over to vet outside knowing I would never see him again and I just can't imagine what he was thinking..its really tough..seriously never felt this bad after loss of a loved one...its they trust you and rely on you so much..and I know I done right thing as he was getting weaker but I still feel guilty doing it..

I am atm sitting on the couch watching a film with my boy laying next to me.

I came home this morning after 2 days away at work and he met me as always bouncing around with his bum and tail wagging, I am no1 to him and he absolutely loves me as I do him and I just cannot imagine life without him.

Again I say to you AJ I am so sorry for your loss mate, I cannot offer any real advice as I have never lost a pet before, all I can say from listening and learning is look back and remember every single moment with the times with your boy, I'm sure with time you will look back and smile of the good times you had together.

All the best mate 👍
Had on 16:28 - Jan 3 with 1253 viewsDJack

Last year we had to do the same with our cat. I was not a cat person before we had him but I loved him. 17 years with him and only my wife could be with him at the end - Covid is a biatch for many reasons. Typing this my eyes are quite moist. We've not "replaced" him as neither of us want the same pain again.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024