Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship 17:25 - Sep 16 with 842 viewsKeithHaynes

EFL considering moving all kick offs to 1pm or earlier.
Nothing is off the table.
Breaking news somewhere and everywhere.

What else would you suggest this is potentially the conglomerates now affecting our lives and how we live them.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 17:37 - Sep 16 with 779 viewsSTID2017

Makes sense to me.
I blame the Russians

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 17:41 - Sep 16 with 776 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

There’s an argument that 1pm is a better time for a Saturday kickoff

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 17:47 - Sep 16 with 773 viewsJack_Kass

SKY will be rubbing their hands as this presents a juicy loophole against the 3pm rule

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 18:04 - Sep 16 with 757 viewsDr_Winston

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 17:41 - Sep 16 by PatchesOHoulihan

There’s an argument that 1pm is a better time for a Saturday kickoff

Got to be honest, 3pm on a Saturday is my second least favourite kick off time (after a midweek 19:45).

Love a Friday night, but if it's a Saturday game I prefer the early or later starts. Early KO means you've still got time to do something else with the rest of the day, later time means that you can do stuff beforehand or have a proper all dayer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 18:08 - Sep 16 with 751 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not good for the nightshift worker, dreading getting up tomorrow after 3hrs sleep 😴
Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 21:57 - Sep 16 with 643 viewsjasper_T

The UK economy is about to take an absolute battering. It's not just your energy costs, but the energy costs of all your suppliers, customers and distribution.
Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 23:38 - Sep 16 with 598 viewsReslovenSwan1

Natural gas prices were higher between 2000 and 2009. I am not sure what the current stress is about. Perhaps someone can explain.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/natural-gas

Look at the 25 year graph. I do not recall the complaints and demand for government support then. It could be our old friend Brexit. The £ was $1.66 in early 2016. Now $1.15 or so.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2549/pound-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart

Again look at 25 year graph.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 23:47]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 23:52 - Sep 16 with 585 viewsjasper_T

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 23:38 - Sep 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Natural gas prices were higher between 2000 and 2009. I am not sure what the current stress is about. Perhaps someone can explain.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/natural-gas

Look at the 25 year graph. I do not recall the complaints and demand for government support then. It could be our old friend Brexit. The £ was $1.66 in early 2016. Now $1.15 or so.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2549/pound-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart

Again look at 25 year graph.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 23:47]

Prices are set based on what energy companies think costs will be in the future, not what they are at the time. Global uncertainty leads to prices being set higher, as they need a wider margin to be sure of turning a profit 6/12/18 months down the line. Governments being unwilling to set reasonable caps on monopolies (we may get to choose which middleman to pay but they all buy from the same providers in any given area) means they can charge whatever they like and rake in record profits when prices go down and feel justified in doing so.

The other factor is that the energy companies are having to recoup "losses" in countries where governments have imposed strict limits on their price rises. France owns EDF and so will opt to charge its people less, and everyone else more to balance it out. Turns out nationalisation has its uses, who would have imagined.
Login to get fewer ads

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 00:06 - Sep 17 with 570 viewsReslovenSwan1

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 23:52 - Sep 16 by jasper_T

Prices are set based on what energy companies think costs will be in the future, not what they are at the time. Global uncertainty leads to prices being set higher, as they need a wider margin to be sure of turning a profit 6/12/18 months down the line. Governments being unwilling to set reasonable caps on monopolies (we may get to choose which middleman to pay but they all buy from the same providers in any given area) means they can charge whatever they like and rake in record profits when prices go down and feel justified in doing so.

The other factor is that the energy companies are having to recoup "losses" in countries where governments have imposed strict limits on their price rises. France owns EDF and so will opt to charge its people less, and everyone else more to balance it out. Turns out nationalisation has its uses, who would have imagined.

Perhaps more rigorous regulation rather than Nationalisation is the answer. I hold shares in Centrica (British Gas) and they have been poor performers for a decade. They have not made profits and paid no dividends.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 09:08 - Sep 17 with 484 viewsBadlands

Energy bills will cripple lower league clubs even championship on 00:06 - Sep 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Perhaps more rigorous regulation rather than Nationalisation is the answer. I hold shares in Centrica (British Gas) and they have been poor performers for a decade. They have not made profits and paid no dividends.

Capitalism doesn’t do rigorous regulation.
As soon as profits or political influence is reduced the industries change the rules … water, fracking, media etc.
Nationalised or not for profit would allow greater control for the benefit of the country rather than shareholders. The lack of competition argument is a nonsense.
I suggested clubs would have to insist of daytime kick offs some weeks ago.
Clubs, already struggling or in debt will not cope. Nor will our public services such as hospitwlsmand schools.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024