Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on this - Obafemi 18:48 - Sep 15 with 3295 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 21:49 - Sep 15 with 2314 viewsDr_Winston

For too many people the outrage bus is the most convenient form of transport. It's the easiest thing in the world to slag Obafemi off for refusing to play. The only problem with that is nobody has ever claimed that he is. The most we've ever had is RM claiming that he's "not in the right frame of mind" which could mean anything.

It might mean that Oba is refusing to play. I find this to be the unlikeliest outcome because why on Earth would he? If he wants out the best way to do that is to shine on the pitch. If he is as money obsessed as people claim then he gets paid more for playing and scoring. He was on the bench with the rest of the players on Tuesday. An odd place to be for someone who apparently wants out.

It might mean that he's pissed RM off and in return he will have to spend some time on the naughty step. This is perhaps the most likely reason because RM is clearly the Martinet type and has a long track record of discarding and ignoring players he doesn't want to use. We could easily have lost Benda because Martin had absolutely no use for him. Now he's first choice.

The question we should be asking ourselves is can we afford to leave a player of Oba's quality out of the side just so Martin can prove some sort of point? If we were currently a successful team you could make the argument that it is a justified course of action. As we're nowhere near a successful team then leaving a player capable of scoring better than one in two out of the side just because you're pissed off with him is immature management.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 22:02]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 22:05 - Sep 15 with 2286 viewsBadlands

Given the situation with few players it is becoming more and more obvious that Martin is not a man manager.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 22:22 - Sep 15 with 2259 viewsDr_Winston

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 22:05 - Sep 15 by Badlands

Given the situation with few players it is becoming more and more obvious that Martin is not a man manager.

I just think there's certain players that can do no wrong with him and others that are likely to end up on the shitlist no matter what they do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 22:49 - Sep 15 with 2239 viewsnantywatcher

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 21:49 - Sep 15 by Dr_Winston

For too many people the outrage bus is the most convenient form of transport. It's the easiest thing in the world to slag Obafemi off for refusing to play. The only problem with that is nobody has ever claimed that he is. The most we've ever had is RM claiming that he's "not in the right frame of mind" which could mean anything.

It might mean that Oba is refusing to play. I find this to be the unlikeliest outcome because why on Earth would he? If he wants out the best way to do that is to shine on the pitch. If he is as money obsessed as people claim then he gets paid more for playing and scoring. He was on the bench with the rest of the players on Tuesday. An odd place to be for someone who apparently wants out.

It might mean that he's pissed RM off and in return he will have to spend some time on the naughty step. This is perhaps the most likely reason because RM is clearly the Martinet type and has a long track record of discarding and ignoring players he doesn't want to use. We could easily have lost Benda because Martin had absolutely no use for him. Now he's first choice.

The question we should be asking ourselves is can we afford to leave a player of Oba's quality out of the side just so Martin can prove some sort of point? If we were currently a successful team you could make the argument that it is a justified course of action. As we're nowhere near a successful team then leaving a player capable of scoring better than one in two out of the side just because you're pissed off with him is immature management.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 22:02]

"a player of Oba's quality."
What quality would that be then?
Wandering around half interested for 85minutes, unable to control a medicine ball if you threw it at him.
No big loss without a massive change of direction in his attitude to his work.
Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 23:06 - Sep 15 with 2218 viewsjasper_T

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 22:49 - Sep 15 by nantywatcher

Wandering around half interested for 85minutes, unable to control a medicine ball if you threw it at him.

12 goals in 2000 minutes of Championship football last season is a strike rate very similar to what Piroe provided (22 in 3500). He's quick and makes good runs, and is a good finisher given time. If he had a first touch like wet cement instead of dry he'd be a PL player.
Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 23:06 - Sep 15 with 2219 viewsFireboy2

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 22:22 - Sep 15 by Dr_Winston

I just think there's certain players that can do no wrong with him and others that are likely to end up on the shitlist no matter what they do.

This is why he needs to go
Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 23:12 - Sep 15 with 2213 viewsjasper_T

Matty Jones a great appointment for Wales u21s. I think I posted on here a while back that he'd be my pick.

Didn't know Josh Thomas' injury was due to a car crash. Good to see him and Evan Watts in Jones' first squad after the lengthy layoffs they've had.

The personality clash drama at this club is getting boring. If he's not falling out with players Martin is taking credit for fixing issues only he was aware of. It's not that he was wrong to sideline Benda for a year, the lad "came back a different player".
Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 07:03 - Sep 16 with 2125 viewsDr_Winston

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 22:49 - Sep 15 by nantywatcher

Along with the tendency to look for things to be outraged about there is also one to rewrite reality to suit the narrative, and this I'm afraid is a textbook case.

"Wandering around half interested for 85minutes"

Seriously? He comes off that pitch absolutely knackered and drenched in sweat more often than not due to all the chasing he's had to do as a lone striker. If you question his attitude off the pitch (which may be bad) his effort on it has never been in serious doubt. Even at the start of last season when he got scraps of games he worked his arse off when he did get a chance.

And as Jasper said, his goal rate is just as good as Piroe's. Given the amount of chances we threw away on Tuesday I find the statement that he's "no big loss" to be downright bizarre. He is a massive loss at present, and that seems to me to be purely down to RM's decision.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 7:27]

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 07:52 - Sep 16 with 2071 viewsmagicdaps10

I try to be as open minded as I can in these situations, we have had a few situations like this discussed previously on the forum..... Kenny states that there is always another side of the story and he is correct, he clearly has heard the Obefami side but has he heard the Martin and clubs side of the story.

I think Kenny has tried to be clever but ultimately with a little thought has contradicted himself on the situation. I would gather a few things have been said and he has been suspended for a few games in hope that he gets his act together.

He will be back for the weekend I would think.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 09:22 - Sep 16 with 2018 viewsCatullus

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 23:06 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

12 goals in 2000 minutes of Championship football last season is a strike rate very similar to what Piroe provided (22 in 3500). He's quick and makes good runs, and is a good finisher given time. If he had a first touch like wet cement instead of dry he'd be a PL player.

Totally agree because pace is always dangerous, Oba should be working (or worked) hard in training on developing a better first touch. Any weakness can be worked on and improved.

I know (after speaking with one and Keith saying others think the same) that it's said martin is a top bloke. It'd be iteresting to get an honest opinion from some other players, from Oba and Fulton for example.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 09:37 - Sep 16 with 2003 viewsjack247

I’m not sure whether the fault lies with Obafemi, Martin or a combination of both. Quite likely somewhere in the middle.

Regardless of that, I do think we look better with Piroe in his best position and Cooper behind him. Not to say we wouldn’t look as good with Cooper behind Obafemi.

If his head’s in the right place and he’s not refusing to play though, he should be on the bench at least. Especially when we don’t have much pace in the side.
Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 10:39 - Sep 16 with 1964 viewsonehunglow

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 09:37 - Sep 16 by jack247

I’m not sure whether the fault lies with Obafemi, Martin or a combination of both. Quite likely somewhere in the middle.

Regardless of that, I do think we look better with Piroe in his best position and Cooper behind him. Not to say we wouldn’t look as good with Cooper behind Obafemi.

If his head’s in the right place and he’s not refusing to play though, he should be on the bench at least. Especially when we don’t have much pace in the side.

Yep
Piroe is a striker ,the only one we really have of any quality. He needs help .
Cooper can be a key member and should not be subbed as a matter of routine.
If Michael wants a move then a few hard grafting performances can see him get his move in January.No good for him in sitting it out

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 16:02 - Sep 16 with 1845 viewsWhiterockin

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 09:37 - Sep 16 by jack247

Piroe and Cooper behind Obafemi is the way for me. Did Piroe score more last season when he played up top or behind Obafemi?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 16:13 - Sep 16 with 1839 viewsDr_Winston

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 16:02 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

Piroe and Cooper behind Obafemi is the way for me. Did Piroe score more last season when he played up top or behind Obafemi?

Marginally more from midfield.

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 16:16 - Sep 16 with 1831 viewsWhiterockin

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 16:13 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

Marginally more from midfield.

Thanks, so there is no real need to play him up top, if the Obafemi situation can be sorted.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 18:05 - Sep 16 with 1776 viewshowenjack

Come on Obafemi
Take your daps to Swansea
Get some good hard training done ...
Run up those sand dunes son ...

Come on Obafemi
We might get to Wembley...
Train hard in the Sun ...
Don't let them think you're a bum ..

Come on Obafemi...
if you live in Sketty...
Run to training each day...
Russell Martin will say ....

Come on Obafemi...
Blimey he's here already...
First in and last out...
Now he's in with a shout...

Come on Obafemi ..
Bang them in for the City...
Make your critics pity......
Truth is in your destiny.....

Singing come on Swansea city....
With Michael Obafemi....
We'll go wild wild wild
We'll go wild wild wild....
Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 10:43 - Sep 17 with 1631 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 22:22 - Sep 15 by Dr_Winston

That in itself is a serious flaw, and one we cannot afford to pander to. Who the hell interviewed this guy???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 12:19 - Sep 17 with 1606 viewsBoundy

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 23:12 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

Matty Jones a great appointment for Wales u21s. I think I posted on here a while back that he'd be my pick.

Didn't know Josh Thomas' injury was due to a car crash. Good to see him and Evan Watts in Jones' first squad after the lengthy layoffs they've had.

The personality clash drama at this club is getting boring. If he's not falling out with players Martin is taking credit for fixing issues only he was aware of. It's not that he was wrong to sideline Benda for a year, the lad "came back a different player".

Regarding Benda he's the same player as he always has been , now atm were not playing suicidal football at the back that's become more apparent

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 15:17 - Sep 17 with 1539 viewsDr_Winston

Looks like he's off the naughty step now. Bit of a cuddle with RM in the centre circle after the game. Hopefully to be back where he belongs from here on in.

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 15:41 - Sep 17 with 1525 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 15:17 - Sep 17 by Dr_Winston

Looks like he's off the naughty step now. Bit of a cuddle with RM in the centre circle after the game. Hopefully to be back where he belongs from here on in.

Yep, lot's a positive signals today, and that one is near the top.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 19:05 - Sep 17 with 1413 viewsmax936

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 15:17 - Sep 17 by Dr_Winston

A bit of Pandering and the feeling of being loved massages the ego's of todays players, where's the Tommy Smiths and the Bobby Latchford's these days, instead of these ego inflated wanna be's, it's pathetic how they'd manage if they couldn't play football god knows. They're brittle as fuk .

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 19:08 - Sep 17 with 1408 viewsonehunglow

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 12:19 - Sep 17 by Boundy

Regarding Benda he's the same player as he always has been , now atm were not playing suicidal football at the back that's become more apparent

For a dreadful moment,Bfisherclooked like coming on.

Benda ,rock solid .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 19:37 - Sep 17 with 1379 viewslifelong

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 19:08 - Sep 17 by onehunglow

For a dreadful moment,Bfisherclooked like coming on.

Benda ,rock solid .

I’m surprised you’re on here this evening, thought you’d be wandering around a country lane in the Wirral muttering to yourself, ‘ That bastard Martin got it right today, can’t wait for the next defeat to keep on sticking the knife in”. 👍
Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 20:09 - Sep 17 with 1328 viewsjack247

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 16:16 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

Thanks, so there is no real need to play him up top, if the Obafemi situation can be sorted.

There is. We didn’t have Ollie Cooper or anyone like him last season. Paterson was probably the closest, he’s got the guile and can split a defence. Cooper has that and also runs at defenders with pace and intent.

Piroe scored and hit the bar twice today, he’s had great chances every game since being back up front. If he finds last seasons shooting form he’ll fill his boots in this setup. The difference between him playing in midfield and up front this season is stark.

If there’s a way of playing Cooper behind both of them without getting overrun in midfield, then do it. If not, I’d leave it as it is.
Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 07:40 - Sep 18 with 1190 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Thoughts on this - Obafemi on 16:16 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

You still have no idea how good Piroe is do you.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024