Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment 22:26 - Feb 19 with 2418 viewsDarran

Serious question.

Would he have lived today with the medical advances?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 22:47 - Feb 19 with 2388 viewsHighjack

Well Magic Johnson caught HIV around the same time as Freddie did probably and he's still going strong so I don't know.

He probably would have lived a lot longer that's for sure.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 22:55 - Feb 19 with 2375 viewsBigPhilG

Quite possibly

Such a shame what a talented man he was. RIP Freddy
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 23:09 - Feb 19 with 2356 viewsDarran

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 22:55 - Feb 19 by BigPhilG

Quite possibly

Such a shame what a talented man he was. RIP Freddy

He was incredible Big Philip.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 23:50 - Feb 19 with 2315 viewsHumpty

Probably yes.

Most people with AIDS don't die of it if they live in the west. They certainly live a lot longer.

He'd have to take a bucket full of pills every day though.
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 08:38 - Feb 20 with 2237 viewsTrundle10

the bloke who played Freddie took a good part
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 08:57 - Feb 20 with 2231 viewsBigPhilG

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 23:09 - Feb 19 by Darran

He was incredible Big Philip.

He certainly was Darran. Hugely talented and sorely missed
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 09:04 - Feb 20 with 2225 viewslondonlisa2001

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 23:50 - Feb 19 by Humpty

Probably yes.

Most people with AIDS don't die of it if they live in the west. They certainly live a lot longer.

He'd have to take a bucket full of pills every day though.

One or two pills a day normally these days Humpty. The treatment has changed a lot since the early days.

And the vast majority now live a healthy, full length life.

So in answer to Darran's question - yes, he would be able to just live with it these days. Recently, new treatment irradicated it from someone's blood by the way (treatment to date has allowed people to live with it rather than be cured). So they seem to be on their way to a possible 'cure'.
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 09:10 - Feb 20 with 2219 viewsperchrockjack

Applies to many illnesses

There was a time when sixty was old and people just died without there being relief

Cancer detection is improving all the time but treatment has still far to go

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 09:49 - Feb 20 with 2183 viewssherpajacob

Jonathan Blake, who was featured in the outstanding movie Pride, was one of the first in the UK to be diagnosed in the early eighties

I heard him on the radio recently still going strong,

Freddie would be 70 now though, and plenty of rock stars fail to make that age through other causes than HIv, unfortunately.

.An absolute genius, in 1985 the greatest ever collection of rock acts was assembled together and one man stood out head and shoulders above all others.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 9:54]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 09:51 - Feb 20 with 2178 viewsdickythorpe

I loved Freddie''s voice.
Of all the songs of his I think "Barcelona" is incredible.
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 10:02 - Feb 20 with 2157 viewsTrundle10

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 09:51 - Feb 20 by dickythorpe

I loved Freddie''s voice.
Of all the songs of his I think "Barcelona" is incredible.

He got blown out of the water by the lady though.
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 10:06 - Feb 20 with 2155 viewsLeonWasGod

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 10:02 - Feb 20 by Trundle10

To be fair, she was (is?) and an internationally renowned opera singer. Fair play to Freddy that he could hold his own.
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 10:30 - Feb 20 with 2132 viewsdantheswansman

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 10:02 - Feb 20 by Trundle10

That was the whole point of the song, Showcasing two very different yet amazing voices.It was a collaboration not a competition. smfh
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 10:34 - Feb 20 with 2132 viewsswanjackal

Whenever I think of Freddie Mercury late in his life I always have my thoughts move on to Kenny Everett too. Two great entertainers, both iconic, and both opened the British public up to awareness of HIV/AIDS.

Cupid Stunt, genius.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 11:09 - Feb 20 with 2106 viewsTrundle10

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 10:30 - Feb 20 by dantheswansman

That was the whole point of the song, Showcasing two very different yet amazing voices.It was a collaboration not a competition. smfh

not saying it was a competition. Just saying as much as I enjoy Freddie singing on Barcellona that Montserrat Caballé performance blows me away every time. Great song. (not sure what smfh means)
Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 11:10 - Feb 20 with 2106 viewsswanjackal

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 11:09 - Feb 20 by Trundle10

not saying it was a competition. Just saying as much as I enjoy Freddie singing on Barcellona that Montserrat Caballé performance blows me away every time. Great song. (not sure what smfh means)

A Freddie fanatic bundled him up into a bag as he was typing :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 18:26 - Feb 20 with 2028 viewsattila_the_hun

Kenny Everett and Freddie caught HIV off the same man

ps
Queen are way better than the Beatles

"I'm Free"

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 18:52 - Feb 20 with 2006 viewsItchySphincter

You catch HIVs many times over these days but you're unlikely to die of it unless it turns into the AIDS.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 18:56 - Feb 20 with 1996 viewsexiledclaseboy

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 18:52 - Feb 20 by ItchySphincter

You catch HIVs many times over these days but you're unlikely to die of it unless it turns into the AIDS.

I know that this is wrong on every conceivable level but it does make me laugh.

Poll: Tory leader

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 19:06 - Feb 20 with 1977 viewsLohengrin

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 09:49 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

Jonathan Blake, who was featured in the outstanding movie Pride, was one of the first in the UK to be diagnosed in the early eighties

I heard him on the radio recently still going strong,

Freddie would be 70 now though, and plenty of rock stars fail to make that age through other causes than HIv, unfortunately.

.An absolute genius, in 1985 the greatest ever collection of rock acts was assembled together and one man stood out head and shoulders above all others.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 9:54]

Andrew Ridgeley?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 19:07 - Feb 20 with 1976 viewsdailew

Had two pairs of extra upper teeth. Didn't have them removed in case they affected the sound of his voice.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 19:10]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 19:15 - Feb 20 with 1964 viewsswanjackal

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 19:07 - Feb 20 by dailew

Had two pairs of extra upper teeth. Didn't have them removed in case they affected the sound of his voice.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 19:10]

Two pairs of extra upper teeth? That's around six rows of teeth up there. :p

Didn't effect his role in Return of the Jedi......

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 19:25 - Feb 20 with 1955 viewsdailew

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 19:15 - Feb 20 by swanjackal

Two pairs of extra upper teeth? That's around six rows of teeth up there. :p

Didn't effect his role in Return of the Jedi......

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 19:43 - Feb 20 with 1932 viewsItchySphincter

Watching the Freddie Mercury Documentary on C5 at the moment on 18:56 - Feb 20 by exiledclaseboy

I know that this is wrong on every conceivable level but it does make me laugh.

That's what I thought of when I wrote my post. 😀
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 19:45]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024