Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? 19:15 - Apr 7 with 19526 viewsHammersmithR

Why didn’t he come on the pitch with his team mates? Clearly didn’t fancy it.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:50 - Apr 8 with 3839 viewsgazza1

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 08:59 - Apr 8 by TK1

More of this. Yeah, get these owners of the club. It's all them. They smashed the club into pieces, got LF to fix it/shield them, it's not worked. Get them out. Yes, they service the debt but they gave us the debt. We were debt free in the PL when they rocked up. We'll work it out in L1 in admin, we've done it before. Year Zero. Start again, but without them. There are experienced football adminstrators at every level out there - eg. Devlin, Frayling, Steve Gallen - who know and love the club who could rebuild it into something from this base. Get them out. Les is a distraction, he'll go anyway. Changing him won't fix anything substantial.

if we did it 'your way' we would be bankrupt for the foreseeable future. Where is the money going to come from??, certainly not Gallen, Frayling or Devlin!!!! Utter madness, lets appoint a new DofF, Manager, Coaches and Players over the next 12 months - the problems lie on the footballing side of the Club. .
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:42 - Apr 8 with 3731 viewsPeterHucker

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:26 - Apr 7 by Hayesender

Bottled it

If you were Les Ferdinand, would you have gone on the pitch?
It was supposed to be a show of appreciation for some former players & coaching staff. If Les had gone on the pitch and got some boos then that would've spoilt it for Gerry & the others.

Agree with other comments about not being able to hear. Gerry Francis is the reason why I'm a QPR supporter in the first place and I would've been interested in hearing what he had to say.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:46 - Apr 8 with 3715 viewstraininvain

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:42 - Apr 8 by PeterHucker

It was supposed to be a show of appreciation for some former players & coaching staff. If Les had gone on the pitch and got some boos then that would've spoilt it for Gerry & the others.

Agree with other comments about not being able to hear. Gerry Francis is the reason why I'm a QPR supporter in the first place and I would've been interested in hearing what he had to say.

Exactly. It’s common sense from Ferdinand as why ruin the moment for the other players. Another sad moment to pile on top of the ongoing misery.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:50 - Apr 8 with 3700 viewse9shaw

Didn’t see him at all in C Club yesterday… Lee was there looking frankly homeless and hopeless… perhaps he’s gone already.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:55 - Apr 8 with 3687 viewsDejR_vu

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:50 - Apr 8 by e9shaw

Didn’t see him at all in C Club yesterday… Lee was there looking frankly homeless and hopeless… perhaps he’s gone already.

Either that or he was too embarrassed to look Gerry Francis in the eye.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 11:14 - Apr 8 with 3668 viewsflynnbo

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:42 - Apr 8 by PeterHucker

He said we are a shite side playing shite football with shite players who couldn't give a shite. At least that's what I could make out from my vantage point.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 12:17 - Apr 8 with 3611 viewsTK1

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:50 - Apr 8 by gazza1

if we did it 'your way' we would be bankrupt for the foreseeable future. Where is the money going to come from??, certainly not Gallen, Frayling or Devlin!!!! Utter madness, lets appoint a new DofF, Manager, Coaches and Players over the next 12 months - the problems lie on the footballing side of the Club. .

If we stay up, that's probably what will happen. If so, let's hope they appoint the right people, it all works out and we live happily ever after (or at least in the top half of the Championship). I'd like that to happen too. But if we go down, then I think we may have to sink a lot further for the ship to right itself again. And it won't be with the present owners, and it may include administration at the least. That's when we can get some serious people in who understand football generally and this club's needs more specifically. It's not 'my way'. It's the way it's heading if you look at the table, the club's finances and the reason why the owners bought the club in the first place. It wasn't to lose tens of millions of pounds in English football's third tier, which is their next challenge. They won't stick around for that, I bet. We will.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:28 - Apr 8 with 3432 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Were any of them there yesterday? Someone on Twitter reckoned none of the board were, which seems incredible.
Login to get fewer ads

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 01:36 - Apr 9 with 3215 viewsDamo1962

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:28 - Apr 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

Were any of them there yesterday? Someone on Twitter reckoned none of the board were, which seems incredible.

Rats deserting the sinking ship. Lost all respect for those in charge of our club.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 05:28 - Apr 9 with 3192 viewsFredManRave

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:02 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm on the record here for a while now that I think we need a change as DoF. I hated saying it as calling for someone to lose their job is an awful thing to do, no matter what job we're talking about.

But all week I've been reading the media stuff on the 92-93 team, and the historic interviews, It's clear that Ferdinand was well liked by the people who knew him best, his team-mates. He's clearly a nice fella.

So, as bad as I feel about calling for him to lose his job, can we spare the guessing about why he didn't show up today? Can we spare the jibes about cowardice? Can we spare the implications (on other threads) of laziness, of indifference, of (even) corruption?

Isn't it just possible that he's trying his best, and that his best is just not good enough?
Isn't it possible that he stayed off the pitch because he didn't want any booing to take away from the well-deserved applause for his ex-teammates?
Isn't it possible to assess someone's performance without assassinating their character?

I realise I'm starting from a losing position here with BM and 30 upvotes but I feel obliged to say this.

Firstly;

BM: Can we spare the guessing about why he didn't show up today?

Next paragrapgh;

BM: 3 guesses on why Ferdinand didn't take to the pitch!

It's just so reminiscent of what I've been reading on here recently. Posters saying, "Please don't say that because I don't agree with it".

It's a football forum, there will be answers, posts, opinions etc that you don't agree with .

Instead of putting them on ignore or asking them not to post opinions that differ from yours why not "put them in their place" with a coherent, irrefutable answer to their stance.

That's what this site is all about, shirley?"

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 06:00 - Apr 9 with 3153 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 05:28 - Apr 9 by FredManRave

I realise I'm starting from a losing position here with BM and 30 upvotes but I feel obliged to say this.

Firstly;

Next paragrapgh;

It's just so reminiscent of what I've been reading on here recently. Posters saying, "Please don't say that because I don't agree with it".

It's a football forum, there will be answers, posts, opinions etc that you don't agree with .

Instead of putting them on ignore or asking them not to post opinions that differ from yours why not "put them in their place" with a coherent, irrefutable answer to their stance.

‘Your name is also going on ze list!’

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 06:37 - Apr 9 with 3144 viewsDWQPR

The person who should replace Ferdinand as DofF is the person they got rid of as manager at the end of last season. Has got great business experience, has a footballing identity and also a great insight into the problems with the academy.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 07:01 - Apr 9 with 3119 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 06:37 - Apr 9 by DWQPR

The person who should replace Ferdinand as DofF is the person they got rid of as manager at the end of last season. Has got great business experience, has a footballing identity and also a great insight into the problems with the academy.

I don’t disagree but he’s currently struggling with a much better set up at a better run club than ours so be careful what you wish for!

One loss and they could be back in the bottom three.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 07:32 - Apr 9 with 3103 viewstraininvain

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 07:01 - Apr 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t disagree but he’s currently struggling with a much better set up at a better run club than ours so be careful what you wish for!

One loss and they could be back in the bottom three.

Seems a bit farfetched to blame West Ham’s situation on a first team coach. Surely the manager has to accept the bulk of the responsibility for their situation.

It’s a bit like blaming Neil Banfield or Richard Dobson for our predicament. Fortunately I can’t recall anyone doing that but I suppose there’s still plenty of time!
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:20 - Apr 9 with 2890 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 05:28 - Apr 9 by FredManRave

Firstly;

Next paragrapgh;

I've no problem at all with that, Fred.
I wasn't guessing, though - I was just trying to say that there are lots of possible reasons.
I probably wasn't clear enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 12:46 - Apr 9 with 2764 viewsdaveB

It was supposed to be a celebrations of a very good team but you had Holloway refusing to come because he thinks the atmosphere is toxic and Ferdinand unable to come on as all the focus would be on him rather than the team so he did the right thing and stayed away. Even when he does that people still want to have a go.

I think he should leave his current role but he certainly deserves a lot more respect from QPR fans that he is currently getting

Worth pointing out that Gerry Francis was director of football as well as manager when he shut the academy and took us to the brink of league one but he got far less flack than les is getting because the majority of people appreciated what he had done in the past and that it was a pretty difficult job he has at the time with the club a real mess
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 13:02 - Apr 9 with 2719 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 07:32 - Apr 9 by traininvain

Seems a bit farfetched to blame West Ham’s situation on a first team coach. Surely the manager has to accept the bulk of the responsibility for their situation.

It’s a bit like blaming Neil Banfield or Richard Dobson for our predicament. Fortunately I can’t recall anyone doing that but I suppose there’s still plenty of time!

That’s why I said I don’t disagree!

But the blame game is a broad beast and people can portray anyone at the club however they like it seems.

They would do exactly that to Warburton if the narrative suited is my point.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 14:21]
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 13:20 - Apr 9 with 2651 viewsCamberleyR

I'll wager good money he said 'top London club'

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:59 - Apr 9 with 2414 viewsPunteR

Gerry should have called it for what is but he's Spurs so what f'ks does he give.?
Queue downvotes amd ignore buttons..lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 01:37 - Apr 10 with 2289 viewsqpr1976

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 12:46 - Apr 9 by daveB

It was supposed to be a celebrations of a very good team but you had Holloway refusing to come because he thinks the atmosphere is toxic and Ferdinand unable to come on as all the focus would be on him rather than the team so he did the right thing and stayed away. Even when he does that people still want to have a go.

I think he should leave his current role but he certainly deserves a lot more respect from QPR fans that he is currently getting

Worth pointing out that Gerry Francis was director of football as well as manager when he shut the academy and took us to the brink of league one but he got far less flack than les is getting because the majority of people appreciated what he had done in the past and that it was a pretty difficult job he has at the time with the club a real mess

Agreed.
And the singing of “F**k **f Les Ferdinand” was disgusting IMO.
He may be to blame and may need to leave, but…..!
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 07:56 - Apr 10 with 2215 viewsLadbrokeR

Hammersmith R I’m pleased you’re making demands where was GAs pre match interview why wasn’t Les on the pitch.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 13:40 - Apr 11 with 1965 viewsdaveB

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 01:37 - Apr 10 by qpr1976

Agreed.
And the singing of “F**k **f Les Ferdinand” was disgusting IMO.
He may be to blame and may need to leave, but…..!

yeah horrible to hear and planned protests against les for Saturday.
I think he should go but a sad situation when a club legend is getting blamed for everything, I get people want someone to blame and he's the latest target but i wish people wouldn't do it

Club is obviously going to have a major reboot in the summer whether we stay up or not
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 14:35 - Apr 11 with 1850 viewsstantheman10

I think Les Ferdinand was at Ipswich Town on Saturday as I know someone who was there who had their photo taken with him (and I've seen the photo)
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 15:18 - Apr 11 with 1740 viewssparkey

Rumours circulating on Twitter he's gone in the summer.

No idea how reliable this is, but I'm assuming not very.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 15:25 - Apr 11 with 1681 viewskensalriser

All the hatred and spittle flecked invective is getting a bit wearing.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024