Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes 21:34 - Feb 19 with 10467 viewswaveydave

20:00 on comparing to Harry and his negativity?
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 23:26 - Feb 19 with 7292 viewsdaveB

Blinding interview that, really encouraging
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 00:53 - Feb 20 with 7200 viewshoopstilidie

Enjoyed that. Feel much more positive for the long term than I have done for a while.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:11 - Feb 20 with 7194 viewsdannyblue

Glad you think so. 10 minutes in and it just smells so amateur and hopeful. They don't sound like professionals on top of their game who know what they're doing. I think they're well meaning, but ruthlessly competent? I'm not so sure.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:18 - Feb 20 with 7181 viewshoopstilidie

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:11 - Feb 20 by dannyblue

Glad you think so. 10 minutes in and it just smells so amateur and hopeful. They don't sound like professionals on top of their game who know what they're doing. I think they're well meaning, but ruthlessly competent? I'm not so sure.

They sound like they know exactly what they're doing.

Now.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:20 - Feb 20 with 7182 viewsDejR_vu

I think TF should lie low and disappear in to the background for a while. I was cringing listening to him trying to explain away the 'dream manager' tweet. He seems to be embarrassed by it and he just keeps digging. This insistence on tenuously linking the 'dream manager' to CR being a dream candidate is ridiculous. He should just hold his hands up, accept that it was a stupid thing to do and stay away from Twitter. He behaves like a teenage girl at a One Direction concert sometimes.

Let's hope he has appointed the right man, but let's be honest, he was talking about someone else a few days before he appointed him. It's another knee jerk decision. Hopefully he's stumbled on the right one.

He's a loose cannon. He talks about having a clear strategy but also that he's now going to do things his way, insinuating that up until now it's been someone else's way. If that's the case he's too easily swayed. The training ground was originally top of the range, then it was staying at Harlington, now it's a scaled down version. He changes his mind every time the wind blows.

He seems to be making some better decisions, but you get the impression it's more by luck than judgement, or maybe just the law of averages. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:40 - Feb 20 with 7163 viewsFredManRave

Great video, very interesting, I particularly liked Les' summing up of why the young players should be brought through;

17:45 "The youngsters are never gonna be worse than what we've got out there"!

But more than that his quite blatant ridicule of Tonys now infamous "Dream" tweet, but highlighting the positives, I thought Les came across extremely well, confident, professional, articulate and with clear and concise opinions and obvjectives. Very promising.

And Tony, well there's nothing to dislike about the guy is there. He makes himself look a twit on Twitter, imo, and I find it surprising that such a successful businessman appears to let his heart rule his head on many an occasion but he's not that bad is our Uncle Tony. And he´s getting "fairytale"tweets from players and taking the train up to Hull with them so they obviously like him. I know I would LOVE to work for him.

So, in summary, it's all looking very promising at the moment, the future looks bright so all we need to do now is maintain our Premier League status...

Wait a minute, this is QPR...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:45 - Feb 20 with 7159 viewsmichael67

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:20 - Feb 20 by DejR_vu

I think TF should lie low and disappear in to the background for a while. I was cringing listening to him trying to explain away the 'dream manager' tweet. He seems to be embarrassed by it and he just keeps digging. This insistence on tenuously linking the 'dream manager' to CR being a dream candidate is ridiculous. He should just hold his hands up, accept that it was a stupid thing to do and stay away from Twitter. He behaves like a teenage girl at a One Direction concert sometimes.

Let's hope he has appointed the right man, but let's be honest, he was talking about someone else a few days before he appointed him. It's another knee jerk decision. Hopefully he's stumbled on the right one.

He's a loose cannon. He talks about having a clear strategy but also that he's now going to do things his way, insinuating that up until now it's been someone else's way. If that's the case he's too easily swayed. The training ground was originally top of the range, then it was staying at Harlington, now it's a scaled down version. He changes his mind every time the wind blows.

He seems to be making some better decisions, but you get the impression it's more by luck than judgement, or maybe just the law of averages. Fingers crossed it all works out.

I think Les may have spotted Ramsey to be a potential coach.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:45 - Feb 20 with 7158 viewsNorthernr

yeh I didn't think Fernandes came across particularly well at all, on any of it. I just don't think he knows what he's doing.

Ferdinand on the other hand... What a surprise. What a guy. Obviously we all revered him as a player but, TBH, kindly put, he never struck me as DOF material. But the way he's speaking and the conviction he's got and what he seems to want all chime exactly with what we need. God I hope it's not just PR. He seems too good to be true all over again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:46 - Feb 20 with 7157 viewsdannyblue

'a stadium is a heartbeat...i hope we create lots of labs...internet areas for young kids...using crowd sourcing to create ideas and create jobs...a lot of young entrepeneurs and young kids can be created'.

Jesus.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:56 - Feb 20 with 7145 viewsdannyblue

Tony does not come across well. A chancer.

On the other hand, Les, who I worry has been given a role beyond his experience and capability, does comes across well. The little he said, while pandering to Tony's chumminess, was sensible and serious.

I'm with you, Clive.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2015 2:12]
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 03:12 - Feb 20 with 7101 viewsKiwi76

I'll take it positively though definitely plenty of hot air.
Proof in pudding over next few months.
Hopefully can create enough momentum to keep us out of bottom 3.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 05:54 - Feb 20 with 7036 viewsRecoilboss

Just got around to watching this as distraction from England’s woeful cricket mullering by the Kiwis. Just absolutely toe-curling watching Fernandes squirm about. Brent-esk. That mid-adlantic accent, guys…

Les putting on a brave face.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 06:04 - Feb 20 with 7026 viewsKonk

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:40 - Feb 20 by FredManRave

Great video, very interesting, I particularly liked Les' summing up of why the young players should be brought through;

17:45 "The youngsters are never gonna be worse than what we've got out there"!

But more than that his quite blatant ridicule of Tonys now infamous "Dream" tweet, but highlighting the positives, I thought Les came across extremely well, confident, professional, articulate and with clear and concise opinions and obvjectives. Very promising.

And Tony, well there's nothing to dislike about the guy is there. He makes himself look a twit on Twitter, imo, and I find it surprising that such a successful businessman appears to let his heart rule his head on many an occasion but he's not that bad is our Uncle Tony. And he´s getting "fairytale"tweets from players and taking the train up to Hull with them so they obviously like him. I know I would LOVE to work for him.

So, in summary, it's all looking very promising at the moment, the future looks bright so all we need to do now is maintain our Premier League status...

Wait a minute, this is QPR...

I'm not sure the players have much choice whether or not Fernandes
gets the train with them! It's not like they're a bunch of supporters organising an away day - "Tone, me and the boys are doing Hull - do you fancy it? Out on the 8:30 from King's Cross, back in at 10;00". £54.

As for tweeting nice things to the boss...but you're right, some of the contracts he's signed, I reckon he'd be a dream to work for!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 07:18 - Feb 20 with 6956 viewsRecoilboss

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 07:34 - Feb 20 with 6924 viewsPommyhoop

Tony at the first 'refreshment stop '' when he goes on an away trip with the lads.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 07:36 - Feb 20 with 6921 viewsdaveB

I think Fernandes always comes across as a bit naive but is always trying to be open and comes across as someone trying to do the right thing and be everyones mate. For me though it's all about Ferdinand who I hoped would be like this. When he came in I said it was a game changer and he has delivered so far, he comes across so well in that interview and gives real hope that we can do something in the next few years
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 07:41 - Feb 20 with 6909 viewsfakekerby

Really good interview in particular Les saying all the right things.

Tony, I just wish he'd stop tweeting because I don't feel any of it helps.

The only person who has impressed me as much as Les this season is hearing David Bardsley on the podcast - I'd love it if we could bring him in to work with the youth as CR heads further up the food chain.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 07:45 - Feb 20 with 6899 viewsPommyhoop

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 07:36 - Feb 20 by daveB

I think Fernandes always comes across as a bit naive but is always trying to be open and comes across as someone trying to do the right thing and be everyones mate. For me though it's all about Ferdinand who I hoped would be like this. When he came in I said it was a game changer and he has delivered so far, he comes across so well in that interview and gives real hope that we can do something in the next few years

True Dave . It's all about Sir Les and I said how encouraging he was in in the other ''Sir Les speaks' thread by Brian which I sort of got mixed up with this one..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 08:52 - Feb 20 with 6808 viewsPinnerPaul

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:45 - Feb 20 by Northernr

yeh I didn't think Fernandes came across particularly well at all, on any of it. I just don't think he knows what he's doing.

Ferdinand on the other hand... What a surprise. What a guy. Obviously we all revered him as a player but, TBH, kindly put, he never struck me as DOF material. But the way he's speaking and the conviction he's got and what he seems to want all chime exactly with what we need. God I hope it's not just PR. He seems too good to be true all over again.

Very telling remark LF made about HR I thought.

It was suggested that 1 or 2 bad results would provoke comments about CR's lack of experience.

LF said 'Lets not forget the previous manager was the most experienced in the Premier League"

Notice "knees" weren't mentioned once, clearly HR did not buy in to the new way forward.

Partly agree, partly disagree with you about TF, thought , as always, he came out with some good well thought out arguments and some not so well thought out.

Still seemed very engaged though, which despite what some think, I feel is vital.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:33 - Feb 20 with 6744 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Let's face it, he can do no right in some peoples eyes.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:40 - Feb 20 with 6720 viewsW5R

Ignoring everything that bungle says (proof in pudding and all that, actions speak louder than words) wow...Sir Les.

He truly gives me hope. Clearly someone who we've been crying out for, for years, for a gazillion ownerships. Looks like we have really got a gem in him. And CR as well it seems (who I also thought was excellent, again, in his presser yesterday)
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:45 - Feb 20 with 6703 viewsNorthernr

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:40 - Feb 20 by W5R

Ignoring everything that bungle says (proof in pudding and all that, actions speak louder than words) wow...Sir Les.

He truly gives me hope. Clearly someone who we've been crying out for, for years, for a gazillion ownerships. Looks like we have really got a gem in him. And CR as well it seems (who I also thought was excellent, again, in his presser yesterday)

Yeh agree, although let's see whether the CR love in survives a defeat or two.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:51 - Feb 20 with 6685 viewspaulparker

Bullsh*t Baffles Brains

all tone has to do is say the right things and most of the fanbase is putty in his hands
he is like a bloke who has a mistress who promises her the world, how they will leave together create a new life etc , only for it all to be empty promises
until he backs up what he says I wouldn't trust him to run a bath let a lone a football club

as for Les he sounds like the only one who has a clue what he is doing or trying to do
no love lost between him and Bagpuss, which sounded like a him or me situation

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:55 - Feb 20 with 6670 viewsOldPedro

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:45 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Agree totally with the comments on Les - came across very well. I think what we need to see is some action on the training ground so that we can see things moving forward.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 10:09 - Feb 20 with 6622 viewsGetMeRangers

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:45 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Yeh agree, although let's see whether the CR love in survives a defeat or two.

Maybe I am alone, but the love in is for the change in direction at the club. For the first time in god knows how long, it feels like our club again, with people who matter caring about the club. There was a quite a lot with NW, but with CR and Sir Les at the helm, it feels as if we might be moving back towards the QPR of my youth. A community club, for the fans, bringing through youngsters.
It will never be quite the same as the 80's early 90's but it does feel as if it is getting closer than we have had for a long time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024