Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orkney 19:47 - Jul 3 with 3118 viewsbritferry

Looking for more funding from Edinburgh or London, threatening to re-join Norway and be ruled from Oslo.

Brilliant bit of brinksmanship, could you imagine what claim they would have on the North Sea gas, that would sink the SNP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-66066448

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Orkney on 20:14 - Jul 3 with 2097 viewsSullutaCreturned

If only Wales had something that we could use to intimidate Westminster eh.

Some water and wind don't seem to cut it.

Good luck to them I say. Imagine how rich Orkney would be if indepepndent?
Orkney on 20:32 - Jul 3 with 2082 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 20:14 - Jul 3 by SullutaCreturned

Yes they robbed our coal.

Cymru today should be like Kuwait …. 🤣

Water is quite important mind.
Fair market rate would make Wales many millions.
Water in Wales should be cheaper than elsewhere, better for tbe citizens and also would attract water intensive industries like brewing.
But yeah, take the pish ….⛈

Beware of the Risen People

Orkney on 20:34 - Jul 3 with 2081 viewsKilkennyjack

In 2014 the Scots were told that their North Sea oil was running out.

Scotland hss been robbed.

Orkney on 20:38 - Jul 3 with 2075 viewsWhiterockin

Orkney on 20:14 - Jul 3 by SullutaCreturned

We will never be rich nation because the Senedd waste everything on crackpot ideas.
Orkney on 20:44 - Jul 3 with 2060 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 20:38 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

We will never be rich nation because the Senedd waste everything on crackpot ideas.

The Senedd have not caused the damaging Brexit, they have not wasted money on illegal wars, not wasted huge money on HS2, not syphoned off pandemuc moneys to their mates, and they have not lied in parliament and to the Queen.

But yeah, its defo the Senedd …. 🤡

Also google Johnson and Russian money.

Orkney on 20:53 - Jul 3 with 2036 viewsWhiterockin

Orkney on 20:44 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

The Senedd have not caused the damaging Brexit, they have not wasted money on illegal wars, not wasted huge money on HS2, not syphoned off pandemuc moneys to their mates, and they have not lied in parliament and to the Queen.

But yeah, its defo the Senedd …. 🤡

Also google Johnson and Russian money.

Wales gets more money per head than England but provides a poorer service, why?
Orkney on 21:14 - Jul 3 with 2008 viewsonehunglow

Orkney on 20:53 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

Wales gets more money per head than England but provides a poorer service, why?

Ain’t this so tiresome ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Orkney on 21:23 - Jul 3 with 1988 viewsWhiterockin

Orkney on 21:14 - Jul 3 by onehunglow

Ain’t this so tiresome ?

It really is. He comes on here with his normal tiresome rants and when asked to answer a question he refuses, it really shows him up for what he is. Everyone can see it, you would think he would be embarrassed.
Login to get fewer ads

Orkney on 21:26 - Jul 3 with 1974 viewsBoundy

Orkney on 20:32 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

Yes they robbed our coal.

Cymru today should be like Kuwait …. 🤣

Water is quite important mind.
Fair market rate would make Wales many millions.
Water in Wales should be cheaper than elsewhere, better for tbe citizens and also would attract water intensive industries like brewing.
But yeah, take the pish ….⛈

"our" coal was never our coal ,the welsh coal fields were predominantly owned by the Welsh and it wasn't until the first world war that the government stepped in and took over control due to the profitterring . So please don't think the Welsh were philanthropists , we're were/are as capable as the rest of being greedy selfish and any other derogatory term you'd care to use .
You satate we'd be a rich as kuwait well considering the use of coal is in steep decline except in countries where strangely enough they have plenty of their own then there no real market for us to exploit and when it comes to water , we're not even in the top ten countries in the world when it comes to fresh water availability , so unless its stops raining in England ( it wont) the who else would we sell it to ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Orkney on 23:02 - Jul 3 with 1913 viewsonehunglow

Orkney on 21:23 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

It really is. He comes on here with his normal tiresome rants and when asked to answer a question he refuses, it really shows him up for what he is. Everyone can see it, you would think he would be embarrassed.

I have commented critically much about Wales and Welsh affairs as is my right being a Welshman
Nobody but nobody is going to infer Wales is some sort of Nirvana where the only bad things are due to the English
I am very lucky to have settled here in
This wonderful peninsular

Orkney on 23:09 - Jul 3 with 1914 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 21:26 - Jul 3 by Boundy

"our" coal was never our coal ,the welsh coal fields were predominantly owned by the Welsh and it wasn't until the first world war that the government stepped in and took over control due to the profitterring . So please don't think the Welsh were philanthropists , we're were/are as capable as the rest of being greedy selfish and any other derogatory term you'd care to use .
You satate we'd be a rich as kuwait well considering the use of coal is in steep decline except in countries where strangely enough they have plenty of their own then there no real market for us to exploit and when it comes to water , we're not even in the top ten countries in the world when it comes to fresh water availability , so unless its stops raining in England ( it wont) the who else would we sell it to ?

Only a fool could argue that £4 Trillion worth of coal was taken from Wales and that the welsh people cannot share in that phenomenal wealth.

Go try it in the oil rich Arab world.

Global warming will ensure that those lucky enough to have water will be well rewarded.
Only you are talking about England.
Cymru will sell its water to anyone for a fair market price.

You really are clueless.

Orkney on 23:11 - Jul 3 with 1913 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 23:02 - Jul 3 by onehunglow

I have commented critically much about Wales and Welsh affairs as is my right being a Welshman
Nobody but nobody is going to infer Wales is some sort of Nirvana where the only bad things are due to the English
I am very lucky to have settled here in
This wonderful peninsular

When a welshman moves to England, the iq of both nations goes up.

Only you have mentioned England.
I am glad you have such a great life there, fantastic for you.

Orkney on 07:35 - Jul 4 with 1859 viewsonehunglow

Orkney on 23:11 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

I ll say this for you. We disagree fundamentally on matters outside football and with whitey and me it’s vice versa but I’m truly glad we are still around to tosh lyrical word bombs at each other .
I am actually thinking about returning to Swansea for a visit to sort out family matters that go back m@y years . I might even return to the Stadium and it would be nice to meet my followers again.

Anyway,The Open and ll it brings is due to bring chaos to our village very soon. A good time to get away really as many have done so renting out their house in the process .

Don’t forget ,I get up in the morning and first thing I see is Wales.

Orkney on 08:10 - Jul 4 with 1847 viewsBoundy

Orkney on 23:09 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

Only a fool could argue that £4 Trillion worth of coal was taken from Wales and that the welsh people cannot share in that phenomenal wealth.

Global warming will ensure that those lucky enough to have water will be well rewarded.

You really are clueless.

You seem angry , maybe the description of you by other posters has hit a nerve with you .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Orkney on 12:46 - Jul 4 with 1781 viewsBarrySwan

Presumably no Welsh people owned or took any of the profits from any of the mines in Wales, or factories or mines in England either?

I think you'll find that it was the rich of various nationalities as usual who got richer off the backs of the workers in all countries.

As for Orkney it has no more power to join another country than does Gorseinon Town council.

Those Scots who of course claimed during the referendum that oil revenue would be the financial muscle behind an independent Scotland seem to have gone quiet on the subject since the Scottish parliamentary eco lobby appear to be opposed to issuing any more Oil and gas licences for the North Sea in favour of windmills.

And the ultimate irony for those still whining about Brexit when quoting this story about Orkney is that Norway of course isn't and has never been in the EU seeing a more prosperous path in remaining outside the bloc.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 13:23]
Orkney on 16:38 - Jul 4 with 1696 viewsFlashberryjack

Orkney on 20:34 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

In 2014 the Scots were told that their North Sea oil was running out.

Scotland hss been robbed.

"Just stop oil"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Orkney on 16:41 - Jul 4 with 1694 viewsbritferry

Orkney on 12:46 - Jul 4 by BarrySwan

Presumably no Welsh people owned or took any of the profits from any of the mines in Wales, or factories or mines in England either?

I think you'll find that it was the rich of various nationalities as usual who got richer off the backs of the workers in all countries.

As for Orkney it has no more power to join another country than does Gorseinon Town council.

Those Scots who of course claimed during the referendum that oil revenue would be the financial muscle behind an independent Scotland seem to have gone quiet on the subject since the Scottish parliamentary eco lobby appear to be opposed to issuing any more Oil and gas licences for the North Sea in favour of windmills.

And the ultimate irony for those still whining about Brexit when quoting this story about Orkney is that Norway of course isn't and has never been in the EU seeing a more prosperous path in remaining outside the bloc.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 13:23]

I think if they were granted the right to hold a referendum, then they could do as the majority vote for but having seen the news this morning, they were interviewing people on the islands who all laughed at the idea.

As I said, its just brinkmanship

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Orkney on 17:05 - Jul 4 with 1677 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 08:10 - Jul 4 by Boundy

You seem angry , maybe the description of you by other posters has hit a nerve with you .

I am not angry but i am right.

So I guess that makes you happy and wrong …. (again)….

Orkney on 17:14 - Jul 4 with 1673 viewsSullutaCreturned

Orkney on 23:09 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

You really are clueless.

What? Do you think the Saudi people all share in the oil wealth? Don't be such a dimwit. The wealth in oil rich countries is kept by the ruling elites.

There is poverty in Saudi too,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/01/saudi-arabia-riyadh-poverty-inequa
Orkney on 18:36 - Jul 4 with 1644 viewspencoedjack

Orkney on 21:26 - Jul 3 by Boundy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65399546.amp

Even the Welsh government disagrees with the forum idiot.
Orkney on 18:57 - Jul 4 with 1637 viewsGwyn737

Orkney on 23:11 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

What a ridiculous first sentence.

With unemployment sadly rising in wales unlike most of the rest of the uk, do think it’ll only be geniuses left?

Perhaps they could run the Senedd?
Orkney on 19:31 - Jul 4 with 1613 viewsSullutaCreturned

Orkney on 08:10 - Jul 4 by Boundy

Take that first sentence, that 4 trillion of coal has gone and the wealth has already been taken and mostly spent so he's absolutely wrong there, the Welsh people cannot share in that wealth because the greedy rich buggers took it and spent it.

Maybe the reality is that only a fool cannot see that.
Orkney on 20:34 - Jul 4 with 1591 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 17:14 - Jul 4 by SullutaCreturned

What? Do you think the Saudi people all share in the oil wealth? Don't be such a dimwit. The wealth in oil rich countries is kept by the ruling elites.

There is poverty in Saudi too,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/01/saudi-arabia-riyadh-poverty-inequa

Does Dubai look like Skewen to you ?

A straight yes or no will be fine.

Orkney on 20:36 - Jul 4 with 1587 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 18:57 - Jul 4 by Gwyn737

What a ridiculous first sentence.

With unemployment sadly rising in wales unlike most of the rest of the uk, do think it’ll only be geniuses left?

Perhaps they could run the Senedd?

Gwyn - its cleary not meant to be taken seriously.

Happy to help.

Orkney on 21:19 - Jul 4 with 1554 viewsGwyn737

Orkney on 20:36 - Jul 4 by Kilkennyjack

Gwyn - its cleary not meant to be taken seriously.

Happy to help.

With your posting history it’s hard to tell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024