Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio - Not WC 22:50 - Jun 23 with 18425 viewsIrishR

Its the Mail but looks like it could be happening. If its a massive wage drop like it says then its not a bad signing i think but would like to hear the actual wage first. Thoughts?

This line doesnt scream hungry however :(

‘He told me the couple of years he had at Chelsea were some of the most enjoyable of his career because there wasn’t at that time the pressure of trying to win trophies.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2666339/EXCLUSIVE-Rio-Ferdinan
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Rio - Not WC on 07:24 - Jun 24 with 2456 viewsElHoop

People say find a young CB as if there are treeloads of them waiting to be picked. There aren't. We've not had a premier league quality defence since the days of Macca but we are getting nearer and Rio would take us nearer still. I suppose that Frank McLintock was too old and not hungry enough?

Rio - Not WC on 07:58 - Jun 24 with 2373 viewsBlue_Castello

Agreed - On a one year deal at low premier wages it's not a disaster, if he stays reasonably fit he will be an asset to the squad.
This may well seem like we are repeating the QPR retirement home mistake from our previous campaign but Rio is the right sort under Harry, what we have to do is get the balance right with all our transfer dealings, in other words we sign far more under 30 than over 30.

Must admit though I am concerned with Rios comment about Ruud Gullit, if he thinks he's coming to QPR for no pressure then he can F off, we are going to be in a relegation dogfight and there will be shit loads of pressure.

Rio - Not WC on 08:04 - Jun 24 with 2358 viewsozexile

This has got disaster all over it. I hope he's on £1,000 a week.

Rio - Not WC on 08:10 - Jun 24 with 2332 viewsDiscodroid

jesus christ.

the elephant graveyard of 32/33/34/35+ year old ex internationals who have played at the highest level now hunkering down at a london club who simply refuse to learn their lesson.

already blessed with a chronic lack of pace at center back , now with this signing, almost dormant.

you know , no matter how he plays, will be 'h''s first name on the team sheet every week. i bet he interviewd us rather than the other way round.

ffs can we not buy players on the way up rather than rolling down the other side having picked up injury after injury on the way down to old man simpson's home for the fu cked,care of loftus road.

i'll give him to the end of september until he's a busted flush,and his lumbago finally does for him, and were stuck with him on the wage bill.

average age of the squad now comensurate with the cast of the bbc's 'the good all days' .

wish i could get a job in the qpr scouting department, simply rummage around jumbles sales pick up the vhs reviews of top premiership sides of 1998, and choose your 'target' over a nice glass of merlot..

who are our scouts, bobby gould and don howe?

shit use of our budget.

rubbish signing.

[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 8:19]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Rio - Not WC on 08:12 - Jun 24 with 2332 viewsQPR1882

Another reason to dislike Rednapp

Rio - Not WC on 08:12 - Jun 24 with 2334 viewsstevenagehoop

Ok let's get real - up until last season was a regular at Man U - reads the game well but may have lost some of his speed which will still leave him faster than many. Are we likely to sign the top top centre halves -silly question really course we're not . Ferdinand is a solid pro much in the same way Nelson Hill and Dunne were/are. He is not a Bosingwa He will bring on the other players especially Chief. As long as it's a blend of players we bring in in the short term it will stand us in good stead. Tactically he has been sound on TV recently which confirms the fact that he is a thinking footballer - shame we haven't got too many realistic thinking fans.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Rio - Not WC on 08:22 - Jun 24 with 2314 viewsToast_R

Your right it's a good signing in much the same way Ryan Nelson was a good signing. The issue clearly being if he stays fit for most of the season which seems unlikely. So Cheif with Rio/Dunne is decent enough for a newly promoted team with the thought that a new Premier League campagin will be one season too many for Clint Hill.

In the event that we find ourselves short at CB then Donaldson will have to make a name for himself and I'd love to see him given a shot.

By the way, writing this off as a disaster signing by the club before it's even happened let alone him playing a few games is just ridiculous. Have the club not learnt anything?
Have the fans actually learnt anything before they let loose on the high judging horse?

Clint Hill, Sean Derry, Richard Dunne, Jamie Mackie, were all meant to be crap remember?
Ji Sung Park, Granero, Diakite, Cisse, were all meant to be fantastic remember?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 8:32]

Rio - Not WC on 08:27 - Jun 24 with 2287 viewsWeaverQPR

The worry is if Onouha gets crocked then we are playing two paceless 35yo at cb

@WeavQPR

Rio - Not WC on 08:28 - Jun 24 with 2289 viewsSnipper

Good post stevenagehoop. Let's see how it works out.

As ToastR says too, I'd love to see Donaldson step up and do well. With Rio giving him loads of advice, it can only be beneficial for all concerned.

Rio - Not WC on 08:33 - Jun 24 with 2278 viewsthame_hoops

fits uncle tony's profile-big in asia, rio went there as soon as the season ended with aguero to promote some crap or another.

a bad short term signing, id rather go for williams or a hungry championship centre back. if we get relegated we'll be back to square one again.

like someone else said, what do our scouts do???

season tickets are expensive to pay for the liks of rio,

Rio - Not WC on 08:36 - Jun 24 with 2272 viewsDANRANGER

Only issue is that we are not united so he will be expected to do a lot more for us and has inferior quality around him compared to United. Still a class act though and will bring so much vocally to help teammates and organise the team. He wouldn't want to mug himself off like bosingwa types and if he didn't feel up to it would have gone stateside.

I just hope it works out, watch this space I guess.

Rio - Not WC on 08:37 - Jun 24 with 2266 viewsIrishR

Had to laugh at this one

We can all shout as much as we want but until we have some idea on the deal i.e wages lenght etc then we cannot say much. If it is a 1 year deal on 40K ish then thats ok in my book. Like people mention he is no Boswinga and his experience will be invaluable. A 1 year deal to me also tells me that TF has learnt his lesson.

Rio - Not WC on 08:47 - Jun 24 with 2236 viewsJamie

Could be, or alternately it could be that by coming to QPR, he will be getting just as much money as he would do abroad, doesn't have to uproot his family, can't be 'waived' once his back goes again and can continue his transition into a media career.

Probably Arry though.

Rio - Not WC on 09:11 - Jun 24 with 2186 viewsTheBlob

Let's see what happens before getting the pitchforks and firebrands out shall we?Are you all clairvoyant on here or summink?

I knew you were going to say that.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rio - Not WC on 09:16 - Jun 24 with 2173 viewsgobbles

Cisse was all right. He kept us up

Rio - Not WC on 09:20 - Jun 24 with 2079 viewsTheBlob

Are we losing sight of the fact that our most successful season EVER was bolstered by two "over the hill" central defenders Webb and McLintock aka The Sunshine Boys?

Rio - Not WC on 09:22 - Jun 24 with 2074 viewsRangersw12

The club really don't help themselves TF has been saying for the last few months we have learnt our lesson bla bla

Yet it looks like we are going to sign a 35 year old from a big club with nothing else to achieve in his career

This was exactly the reason why I wanted Redknapp to fcuk off

Rio - Not WC on 09:23 - Jun 24 with 2070 viewsRangersw12

Different era and attitudes of footballers then

Rio - Not WC on 09:23 - Jun 24 with 2066 viewsDiscodroid

bleedin 'ell blob!!! that was in the mid seventies, when david webb could run around the center circle in under 4 mins.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Rio - Not WC on 09:26 - Jun 24 with 2059 viewssimmo

This shit just embarrases us as a club, I have to deal with laughs and piss taking in the office as everybody offers me short odds on Crouch being next....

Whilst I am a little more confident with this signing than a lot of similar guys we've picked up in recent years, it still smacks of a Park Ji Sung signing - big name & past his best. It pisses me off that teams are taking prospects like John Stones from Barnsley (Barnsley!) while we are seeing if Dunne fancies another crack at regular football. Ipswich were securing their LB future by signing Aaron Cresswell from Ipswich, we were bringing in Luke Young and Kieron Dyer.

Are we sensing a pattern here?!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rio - Not WC on 09:29 - Jun 24 with 2057 viewsbaz_qpr

You have to ask yourself why was Rio considered to be one of the best centre backs in the world of his generation? The answer was not just he was pacy, there are many pacy centre backs in the world, it was that he was calm, he made the right decisions and he read the game.

If we have learnt one thing over the years, its that Centre backs age well , speed of thought, understanding and reading of the game count for a lot. The same goes for deep lying midfielders or playmakers (either deep or in the whole) and goalkeepers

Wingers ,full backs, box to box midfielders and centre forwards / strikers dont age well. If we start buying 30 somethings in these areas again then its time to worry

Rio - Not WC on 09:38 - Jun 24 with 2028 viewsTheBlob

It's all relative buddy.Some say it was all a bit slower but more skillful.

Rio - Not WC on 09:38 - Jun 24 with 2026 viewsDiscodroid

spot on.

piss taking already started , being asked by one wag if" dave needhams perm is coming back into fashion at qpr"

male pattern baldness among the players is the only pattern im sensing here.

crap.

Rio - Not WC on 09:44 - Jun 24 with 2017 viewsElHoop

Yeah I agree entirely. Harry did OK last season with his permanent signings and if he thinks that Rio can do it then I'd back him at the right price.

What you've got to think of is:
1. Who is the next best alternative at the same price?
2. Will getting Rio help us to get another quality defender or two?

Rio - Not WC on 09:56 - Jun 24 with 1985 viewsPinnerPaul

Luckily QPR not in the World Cup! ???????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024