Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PPI payment just came through 15:37 - Aug 5 with 3123 viewslondonscottish

Don't know if all of you are sick of being called up by PPI companies but I called Financial Claims Made Simple back in May and have just received a much-needed payment into my bank account. (Financial Claims Made Simple are the people behind the Talksport "Have I got PPI.com" ad).

I'd tried going direct to the bank earlier but had no joy. I had no paperwork and no way of knowing what I had a hadn't taken out in the past. I just knew I'd paid PPI on something more that once.

So if you've had loans or credit cards in the past and can't remember the dates and details these guys will find out for you, guide you through the process and if there's money to be had will find it for you.

FCMS take their cut but I'd rather have a % of something than SFA!

I don't work for these guys or anything - I just got a result and wanted to let my Rangers friends know. FFS I could have bought a season ticket If I'd called them earlier!!

Not complaining as now I'll be able to go on holiday and look forward to some games in the autumn.

UUUUUUUURRRRRRRsssss!!!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 15:37]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

PPI payment just came through on 15:39 - Aug 5 with 3098 viewshoof_hearted

Good luck to you but I'm one of the sensible people who reads things and knows what I'm paying for so never got suckered into it in the first place. Shame I have to subsidise the others long term. Also funny how nobody who made a claim has ever said they were missold and given it back.

PPI payment just came through on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 3027 viewslondonscottish

Well I took out and paid off a series of loans from the late eighties and through the 90's and was deffo put under pressure to buy something which actually worthless due to benefits I happened to have had under my employment contract at the time.

At no point did any of the bank staff explain that payouts from my employer would have negated any PPI payments. Sneaky feckers. All I've done is reclaim the premiums for a useless insurance policy that was blatantly miss-sold to me.

So no regrets from me.

(but, yes, you're right, I should have been more careful and less trusting at the time - point taken)
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 15:52]

PPI payment just came through on 16:05 - Aug 5 with 2959 viewsW7Ranger

How much percentage did they take just out of interest?

PPI payment just came through on 16:14 - Aug 5 with 2916 viewsBrightonhoop

It's easy enough to do yourself. Why pay anyone a percentage?

PPI payment just came through on 16:19 - Aug 5 with 2888 viewsToast_R

Your right there. I hate middle men.

The worst are these firms who say they can reduce the Council Tax band on your property and get you a refund for the years you over paid, no win no fee.

You can do that yourself, all it takes is one phone call same result.

PPI payment just came through on 16:26 - Aug 5 with 2845 viewsJonDoeman

Same here , paid it once, noticed straight away!

It Is What It Is !!

PPI payment just came through on 16:50 - Aug 5 with 2733 viewslondonscottish

Haven't seen the calculations yet - the letter follows. 25% IIRC.

PPI payment just came through on 16:57 - Aug 5 with 2697 viewslondonscottish

I did try. Wrote to the bank formally. They wrote back saying nah mate, can't see any PPI here.

I then called them and they were being obstructive to say the least and asking me questions designed to trip me up a later date.

So I called FCMS. The bank disclosed everything to them. Eventually. They only owned up to three cases at first but FCMS went back and forced them to disclose a further two cases.

The trouble I had was zero paperwork and the bank wasn't helping. Turns out I took out a loan in 1995, two in 1999 and another in 2001. All paid off years and years ago, all paperwork long since shredded. And I had a credit card somewhere in the distant past, long since dumped.

Anyway it turns out I was right all along - just needed FCMS to jog the memory of my bank a little.

PPI payment just came through on 17:13 - Aug 5 with 2621 viewsN12Hoop

Last year out of the blue I got a £100 cheque from Barclays saying I'd been overcharged on a loan. Didn't have a clue I was even entitled to anything.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

PPI payment just came through on 20:27 - Aug 5 with 2391 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Well it's nice to hear at least someone has got something back, so good for you and enjoy the (say it like Alan Partridge) cash back!

PPI payment just came through on 20:58 - Aug 5 with 2293 viewsAgedR

Called facilitators now, don't you know...................................................................................waxnkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where d'you think all this free money comes from.

Pull the ladder up

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

PPI payment just came through on 21:55 - Aug 5 with 2200 viewsQPR1882

Just applied for PPI, heard a advert on the radio and thought fck it why not. sent a txt, got forms, filled in forms, sit back and wait for the cash.

middle men so what, 75% of something is better then 100% of nothing.

PPI payment just came through on 22:10 - Aug 5 with 2174 viewsbaz_qpr

I got 4K back in total after the company took its 30% I had to do an hour interview, they did the rest. Mine was blatant bank said I had to take it to get the credit card, but there are many others including mortgages where they included it and hid it, rather than being explicit, so my advice is its worth taking the call and the visit once

PPI payment just came through on 22:13 - Aug 5 with 2165 viewsstowmarketrange

We went through a firm in Wales who called up one afternoon and we had several claims paid out,including mortgage protection insurance from the Halifax,which paid us £6000.We only used to pay £35 a month so I don't know where they got their figures from,but who cares.

PPI payment just came through on 22:22 - Aug 5 with 2143 viewsgjc104

I gave 'haveigotppi.com' virtually nothing to go on...gave the names of companies I may have had loans, credit cards or mortgage from since the late 80s.

They did all the work, they called me, asked me a few questions I couldnt answer, I signed the odd form and a few months later, they called me with a monetary value the 'offending' company had offered.

They took 30% but I was happy with what I got considering I put zero effort into the process.

PPI payment just came through on 22:37 - Aug 5 with 2130 viewsGloryHunter

Yes, I'm sick of being called - sometimes four or five times a day - sometimes twice within 20 minutes. And they're all recorded messages now, so you can't even tell them to fcuk off. I've never had a loan, so what's the scam, and why are they calling me?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024