Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums 03:30 - Sep 26 with 3562 viewsFredManRave

Obviously each to their own and my own choice for No1 thunderbastard debut album goes to;

With a special mention to;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 04:15 - Sep 26 with 2541 viewsSydneyRs

Agree withthe Arctic Monkeys one.

Definitely Maybe by Oasis. They were never that good again.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 04:44 - Sep 26 with 2532 viewsMatch82

Can't get better than stone roses as far as debuts go...

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 08:04 - Sep 26 with 2495 viewscollegeranger

My selfish choice - They did the whole album at Brixton with Heaven Up Here a few years back - NICE

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 08:47 - Sep 26 with 2475 viewsMetallica_Hoop

From 1983's Kill 'Em all

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 09:30 - Sep 26 with 2461 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 09:42 - Sep 26 with 2459 viewsElHoop

Fab:

Mod - originally on first Jam album

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 09:45 - Sep 26 with 2456 viewsTW_R

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 09:51 - Sep 26 with 2447 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 10:01 - Sep 26 with 2441 viewspaulparker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 10:50 - Sep 26 with 2427 viewsbrewers_hoop

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 11:12 - Sep 26 with 2419 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 11:39 - Sep 26 with 2391 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good call Disco.

This has to be up there though.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 11:43 - Sep 26 with 2389 viewsxistens_pet

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 11:55 - Sep 26 with 2383 viewsWrightUp5hit___

And there are how many alleged guitar freaks on here, who haven't surged forward with these two!

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 13:26 - Sep 26 with 2350 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 13:27 - Sep 26 with 2348 viewsMrSheen

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 13:32 - Sep 26 with 2344 viewsMonahoop

Got to agree with that second choice WrightUp. SRV in my opinion was the greatest rock/blues guitarist ever and was able to take on other genres as well such as jazz and soul with great effect. Texas Flood is one of my favourite albums. So pleased to have seen him a couple of times. Far superior to pretenders like Joe Bonamasa. His brother Jimmy Vaughan's a pretty cool guitarist too.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 13:58 - Sep 26 with 2329 viewsTheBlob

SRV was massively influenced by Johnny Winter.Both good 'ol Texas boys.

(1967)

Another big influence of the time....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 14:12 - Sep 26 with 2315 viewsPunteR

[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 14:18]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 14:20 - Sep 26 with 2306 viewsTheBlob

So far ahead of its time,44 years ago......

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 14:49 - Sep 26 with 2284 viewsade_qpr

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 15:00 - Sep 26 with 2275 viewsTheBlob

Not quite Ade old bean.Used to go and see this lot with sub standard geetarist called Roger Dean.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 15:08 - Sep 26 with 2272 viewsade_qpr

Was referring more to it being EC's first realised album as a blues guitarist

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 15:12 - Sep 26 with 2270 viewsade_qpr

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 15:39 - Sep 26 with 2258 viewsBklynRanger

I'll go for:

SLF - Inflammable Material:

And Bruce Springsprong - Greetings From Asbury Park (NJ): e.g.:

I know there's at least one album I'm not remembering for this answer.
For best single I've always thought The Who's Can't Explain is hard to beat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024