Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich 22:51 - Sep 28 with 1092 viewsOneDaveBamber

At the usual place. Comments welcome.

http://measuredprogress.co.uk/match-coverage/blackpool-1-3-norwich-city-four-tho

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich on 23:25 - Sep 28 with 1085 viewsCurryman

As usual, a very perceptive view of what went on Chris.

The players we have, seem to be playing to the limit of their ability, that is not a criticism of them, and I feel that says it all. Full marks to them for trying but they just aint good enough and we know who is to blame for that.

I would agree with your comments on the Cardiff match, I feel it will be nothing short of mayhem.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich on 08:29 - Sep 29 with 1062 viewssteve_g

Whilst I think some players are playing to their capabilities I don't think that of the front four from Saturday who, in my opinion, are still letting us down. Ranger was the best but Miller in particular gives up way too easily and is a real disappointment. We've not yet had a game where there has been a plethora of options for MOTM which surely reflects that these players are fulfilling their potential (or sadly means they are crap!!)

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich on 09:52 - Sep 29 with 1057 viewswespens

Haven't seen it since but I thought there second deflected off McMahon

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich on 12:59 - Sep 29 with 1048 viewsWizaard

Much as I saw it Chris. I think a better midfield would see the forwards perform to their strengths instead of having to feed off scraps.

We're getting to the point where if we don't start winning soon, we really will be cut adrift. Oyston needs to back his man now with the options he wants. That might cost in the short term, but nothing like as much as relegation will.

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich on 15:48 - Sep 29 with 1025 viewsMr_Brightside

Championship status appears a lost cause and with seemingly nothing to lose, the lengths angry supporters might go to in protesting their displeasure could know no bounds.

Surely the saddest but most accurate paragraph of where we're up to!!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich on 15:55 - Sep 29 with 1024 viewsOsbourne

wespens,
No, it deflected off Donervorn Daniels, who also scored the best goal of the match, a fantastic header into the top right hand corner leaving Joe Lewis no chance! How do journalists describe goals, as the keeper stands or as the spectators are looking at it? Anyway, either right or left corner. My description is as I saw it as a spectator. It was a seriously good goal too!

Donervorn Daniels in fact had a good game, appears to be two footed, has pace and a physical presence. Just shows how much luck is involved in football. Without the two own goals, Daniels would of been Blackpool's man of the match.

Tony McMahon could be blamed for standing off Josh Murphy for Norwich's 3rd goal, but not by me. If he had jumped in and given away a penalty or induced an earlier shot by Murphy people would of criticised that also.

Looking at defending objectively, defenders are always going to be easy to criticise because goals get scored.

I still maintain that the back 4 did well on Saturday. Daniels and McMahon in central defence, Jean Oriel on the left and John Lundstram on the right. Let's remember, Peter Clarke was out as was Jeffrey Rentmeister. Both McMahon and Lundstram were playing out of position.

It is Mr Riga's lack of options because of his small squad which should be questioned. I wonder who that question should be aimed at. I wonder!

I still fancy BFC for 8 points by Friday evening. I thought we were close on Saturday (Norwich) to looking a good team. If we have a bit of our own luck we could get 1 or 3 points v Middlesbrough. I think that 3 points against Cardiff, under lights, on Sky, is on the cards. Lets face it , it is going to be very lively at Bloomfield Road on Friday night. I am looking forward to it.

8 points? - We will see!

but, I will be at Bloomfield Road enjoying the 3 points live!

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich on 18:22 - Sep 29 with 1011 viewsOrioltwins

I think the problem we have us that the excuses (beyond the OBVIOUS one) are starting to fade. I've seen enough to know we should be doing better than we are but similarly the fact we're not makes you wonder if this is as good as it gets?

Can't say I share Osbourne's six point optimism - think I'd take us doubling our points now!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

BLOG: 4 Thoughts on Norwich on 19:22 - Sep 29 with 1001 viewsHappy_Satsuma

"Tony McMahon’s free-kick was the only ‘Pool chance of any note, but from the distance involved it was unlikely to ever challenge Ruddy in the Norwich goal."

Did anyone else bother watching that free kick? Think I was checking my text messages! We are so one dimensional with our set pieces that it doesn't fool anyone.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024