Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does a boycot help or destroy us? 09:42 - Oct 24 with 3192 viewsbig_bloomers

Notice there's lots of talk of boycotting all home games on the other board - in terms of help/hinderance how do you think that would affect the team?

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 09:59 - Oct 24 with 2467 viewsOldSkool

Could there be a bigger boycott than that of tuesday night?
There must of only been around 5000 of us there.
The message is loud and clear.
Enough is enough.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 10:04 - Oct 24 with 2464 viewsLala

I seriously can't see how they will help us.....the O's are going nowhere, unless, and until they want to.
Boycotts will just run the club further into the ground. Without boycotts, I still believe things are salvageable, with them I'm not sure.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 11:35]

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 10:13 - Oct 24 with 2462 viewsbrassedoff

The fact is the way the O's run the club is the players budget is based on attendance so the fewer people go the poorer our team will be. It's a bit like not paying your licence fee and complaining the programmes on the BBC are crap!!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 10:46 - Oct 24 with 2456 viewsstraightatthewall

Well the current situation also isn't working either.

People should have witheld on ST purchases and forced them into a difficult cashflow position. As we saw, buying early/before the cheap priced deadline did nothing to speed up the recruitment process.

Hit them in the pocket and potentially force them into admin. It will hurt short term, but its the best way of getting them out.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 11:22 - Oct 24 with 2445 viewsLala

'Hit them in the pocket and potentially force them into admin. It will hurt short term, but its the best way of getting them out'

I do see your logic SATW, but the long term damage this could do surely has to be considered. e.g how far down we fall whilst boycotting the club and starving the player budget.....then what if there is no buyer once we've forced the club into admin ?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 11:36]

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 12:06 - Oct 24 with 2427 views20togo

just out of curiosity straiters, when were you last a st holder?

I know you are an exile so do have a perfectly valid reason for not having one but by the same token you don't have the same emotional attachment of turning up each home match.

Not a dig, just trying to raise a valid point. We all see things differently.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 13:55 - Oct 24 with 2416 viewsstraightatthewall

20's,

On one hand it's a perfectly reasonable thing to ask. And (as I suspect you knew) I haven't been one ever as it happens. Never needed to be when I could go every week and no reason to have one now as it would simply be wasted money.

But I have the same emotional attachment as anyone else who supports the club. Why else would I spend so much time on these forums if I wasn't emotionally attached in a very big way?

What I can totally accept is that to boycott the club or even to put it in danger is alien to everything we've come to believe. But for me, it's similar to my point about not wishing to focus on Riga's tactics etc...In the current bigger picture, both are less important than recognising the dangerous position our club is ALREADY in and working out what true power we have to change that. As I see it, sitting by and cheering a bunch of nomadic strangers in tangerine because 'we need to support the players' is counter productive and maintains the status quo.

The issue for me all along has never been about wanting us to spend big on players. Nor has it been about us not challenging year in/year out for promotion to the PL. It's about the opportunity to build a better club and a bigger club being quite deliberate wasted in favour of a family who have shown how little they care for the club or the community it serves. The crowds are dwindling and soon enough all those kids from the Fylde coast who were wearing tangerine rather than red, will be watching football on their TV's again. Some might even start wearing the red of Fleetwood Town.

All done deliberately.

Short term pain for long term gain should be the mindset of every loyal and committed Blackpool supporter now. Easy to say, but it's the truth.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 14:19 - Oct 24 with 2411 views20togo

Just for clarity, I wasn't questioning your emotional attchment to theclub per se. I was being much more specific. The experience of that being a st holder, of waking up knowing it was match day, the different routines we all go through on those days both pre and post match.

To use your phrase, it's "easy to say" to give it up. It's much harder to do for some of us. Whether that's for short or long term gain or not. I don't know if that point will come but it will my decision to make. And as you probably know, I won't be influenced by outside pressure from others.

Agree with a lot of your other comments.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 14:27 - Oct 24 with 2406 viewsstraightatthewall

I'm not going to start screaming at you if you don't boycott. Just as I'm not going to call people out for not singing about people sucking off to the left and right....

It's everyone's call. I doubt that I'm any more frustrated and angry than anyone else. I can see that we all feel the same way. We all have different views on what can be done. This is mine. Nothing more, nothing less.

And I get your point on match day habits etc....Wouldn't it be nice to get back to that again.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 14:30 - Oct 24 with 2405 viewsLala

'for long term gain '

I don't think boycotting gives any guarantees of that though Straighters.

Boycotts further guarantee the demise of the club, but they don't automatically bring thereafter a flourishing resurrection......your way assumes that is does..

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 14:40 - Oct 24 with 2398 viewsstraightatthewall

No it doesn't LaLa.

It doesn't 'assume' anything. It's just a way that I think might damage them enough to make them consider selling (or even having to sell) the club.

But if people seriously think we can be anything other than a shell of a club in this current guise then they are massively misguided in my view. A club where you do nothing but try to tread water all the time will sink sooner or later. And as has been said a million times, now we've been there and seen what happens, what hope would there be if we actually somehow did get back to the PL under this ownership? Same again presumably.

Getting rid of them won't make up a massive club, but it will at least get us an owner/majority shareholder who's goals include making the club move forward whenever possible. At the moment, we're the archetypal couple stuck in a loveless marriage 'for the kids.' They probably don't find out until its too late that the kids ended up suffering more....

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 14:42 - Oct 24 with 2397 views20togo

I've already said on another thread on one of the boards that a boycott for me is a high risk factor.

I'd say that if you didn't get over a 75% boycott of a match then it would be pointless and Oyston would heavily use that against us. To some extent it would be like the end game.

And I just don't see anything like that figure prepared to boycott a match.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 14:47 - Oct 24 with 2392 viewsLala

'It doesn't 'assume' anything.'

Well that's the assumption I applied else I really can't see the point.

As 20's says - it's a very high risk strategy, and it's not one I would like to gamble on.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 15:03 - Oct 24 with 2388 viewsthebigone

Have always said that we're all fans of this football club but no one person should tell others how to behave. Boycott if you want to but don't push your views on to others and vice versa.

Am quite sure KO will punish everyone by slashing the budget and I fully expect relegation and many years in league One or even Two because of his ridiculous strategy.

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 16:20 - Oct 24 with 2372 viewstangerinedom

Well having bought a two year season ticket I think I may as well continue to go but I have never seen as many empty seats around me as I did on Tuesday!

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 16:26 - Oct 24 with 2370 viewsOdinsRaven

Worse pre season EVER yet still people demand time. Just how much more time do we give the Oyscums?

Its clear they will never support the club like other owners so the only option left is to Boycott and force administration. Hopefully they will leave. And people saying we could end up with no club are drama queens. Plenty of clubs go into admin and rise like a phoenix from the ashes with new owners. I'm firmly in that camp now. I'd rather we started again in the bottom division without the Oyscums than this slow festering pulsating death we are experiencing right now...

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 16:44 - Oct 24 with 2367 viewsWizaard

With over £25 million in the bank/loaned around the Empire, it'll take a lot of pie boycotts to make them leave. Season ticket money is already in, so boycotting from STHs is completely pointless IMO.

What's worth remembering is that those calling for boycotts are, in the main, people who didn't renew and therefore aren't financially impacted by the decision; those who have already paid have a harder decision to make.

It's an individual choice to boycott, but not one I'll be making.

PS I notice the Golden Gamble prize on Tuesday was £400. Not that long ago it was over a grand.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 17:02 - Oct 24 with 2357 viewsstraightatthewall

I think you'll all find, that I adovated not signing up for an ST and trying to squeeze their cashflow. Now, it makes no difference what anyone does. Nobody can turn up and they'll still have the brass neck to announce an attendance that includes all ST's.

Wiz,

the money in their accounts is not the same as turnover coming through the club. Deprive them of cashflow long term and they either spend the money in the club ON the club, they spend their own money to fund it or - most likely - the club starts to put under serious financial pressure. When this happens, what do you think will be the next step?

I'm not telling people 'what to do'. This is just my view of what might work, because nothing else has so far.

What does make me chuckle though - in a bittersweet way - is that there's a lot of people who claim to love the club, yet they are also prepared to watch it burn because they don't want to sacrifice anything themselves for the greater good. Alluding to 20's point about habit on a match day etc....

Seems like some people will watch any old crap as long as they can watch it. I'd count myself as one to an extent too. I just refuse to watch any old crap when I know I'm having the piss taken out of me. Watching it when you know everyone is pulling together to try and make things better is different.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 19:23 - Oct 24 with 2348 viewsOdinsRaven

I think the napm is working. Used to be five workers in the club shop, now down to one. Whilst I hate to see anyone lose their job its obviously biting. Once the nhs leave the club and the stadium will start hemerraging money under the oyston business model. Just need to ride it out for a few years. Battles can be won or lost but a good campaign needs a long term strategy. The hotel is not in profit, the seasiders bar cannot possibly be economical at present. If the kids business leave that will leave the entire entity in demise. Local businesses won't work with that family. They are going down.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 19:37 - Oct 24 with 2342 views20togo

straiters

mmm... I think it all depends on how you want to interpret "greater good".

At least 2000 have walked away from BFC of which the vast majority of those are no longer contributing or doing anything for the "greater good". They've just given up. Should they not be more the targets for criticism than those who have renewed but are still dissatisfied with our owners and are prepared to make their voices heard, I'd say so.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 19:50 - Oct 24 with 2341 viewsPoolseasider

I don't know how a complete boycot would work no outside investor would touch us with a barge pole unless emotionally involved and a fan with money.
If the business goes under into liquidation as nobody turns up I don't see the logic how that this helps the club.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 20:03 - Oct 24 with 2335 viewsjanegallagher

Totally agree, you'll never have a complete boycott because there will always be those prepared to go as long as the team wears tangerine no matter who the owners are.

This will just see ever diminishing investment being put into the club, as we slide down the leagues and become increasingly less attractive to prospective buyers.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 20:08 - Oct 24 with 2329 viewsribble

Sorry, but I can't see how a boycott would in any way 'help' the situation. Self destructive in my view and will, if anything, lessen the likelihood of an Oyston exit if anything. Who wants to buy a club with no fans and dwindling revenues?

At the moment the team needs as much support as it can muster (and some) and that just has to be the priority right now.

And it would make us as supporters look, well, just a bit crap really.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 20:24 - Oct 24 with 2315 viewsVoiceofReason

Slagging other people's loyalty is a bit rich when you hardly ever go yourself.

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 20:51 - Oct 24 with 2299 viewsWizaard

It's been a strange logic for a long time that those who don't go are the real supporters while those that do are bringing about the demise of the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024