Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One slightly bright spark today. 23:02 - Nov 1 with 1538 viewsCurryman

Considering he has not had a chance till today, I felt that our young left back, Dunne, put a decent enough shift in. Very raw and made a few mistakes but on the whole seemed promising.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

One slightly bright spark today. on 23:04 - Nov 1 with 1533 viewsterminallytangerine

That will be an unpopular view Curryman but I tend to agree. Not yet match fit but no worse than the alternatives this season.

One slightly bright spark today. on 23:28 - Nov 1 with 1508 viewsCurryman

unpopular or not, it's my view and I stand by it. Oops! I upset the other board by mentioning standing earlier today. Sorry.

One slightly bright spark today. on 23:32 - Nov 1 with 1504 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Could do with giving him more games so he's ready for the start of next season!

One slightly bright spark today. on 23:52 - Nov 1 with 1491 viewsPeteGriffin

You mean ready for League One BHOK?

One slightly bright spark today. on 12:22 - Nov 2 with 1357 viewsTejas

It never ceases to amaze me that two people can have such a different view, when watching the game from virtually the same angle. I suppose that's one of the wonders of the game! I thought Dunne was poor and failed to show the spark to shine in a very poor team (I also think the club is turning me into Victor bloody Meldrew!!). However, out of respect to you Curryman I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and time. You can count on me though, to give you a friendly dig in the ribs every time he puts in a "poor shift" from now on

One slightly bright spark today. on 14:37 - Nov 2 with 1303 viewsCurryman

Don't worry about it TJ, I know a lot of things tend to go over your head.

One slightly bright spark today. on 15:24 - Nov 2 with 1278 viewsOsbourne

Yes,
I must say that I was not aware that Dunne was particularly doing anything wrong, which by definition means that he did ok. He certainly had a couple of good long range left footed shots that hit the target.

However, the Oriol that was playing wide left midfield was the Oriol who usually plays left back, I think anyway. The other Oriol was on the bench. Dunne then came off after 65 minutes. Orlandi came on and moved into central midfield with McMahon moving to left back.

Was Dunne injured or not 100% match fit? Most probably it was just Lee Clark trying to boost the midfield since Pool were either 1 or 2 down at the time?

Blackman came on in the 75th minute and had pace. He could be an impact substitute for a bit, is he very young? But I thought he looked good. Quick with a good left foot on him, he could get the ball to the left by line and whip it in for Miller or Ranger to nod home?

In sum, Dunne did as well as anyone yesterday, he really did. Whether that means he is any good or not is another matter! Presumably the other Oriol is injured at the moment. However he was running about at half time and looked fine! Have I got the Oriols mixed up? The left back Oriol was injured against Cardiff if I remember, hence Perkins playing left back v Reading.

One slightly bright spark today. on 15:35 - Nov 2 with 1270 viewsFountain

All about opinions, so here's mine.I thought Dunne was very poor, positionally and distribution wise. He should not have been playing. Now I know people will say he's trained with kids, not match fit etc etc but surely these are the very reasons not to pick him and play Oriol at LB especially as had got to grips with the position in recent times. The selection of Dunne smacks of new manager trying to make a statement.

If Clark didn't know too much about the players he should not have made the selection decision. And as tempting as it is to say perhaps Blake made the team calls, I looked at the bench and Blake was like Thommo in the Ince era- totally peripheral so I very much doubt he had much input.

I also note the players were not in for training today. Why the hell not ? Time and understanding from the Manager are of paramount importance.

slap me on the patio

One slightly bright spark today. on 15:43 - Nov 2 with 1261 viewsribble

Have to agree with Founts. Dunne was all over the place, his positioning was dreadful, his first touch awful and his fitness looked well short of what was required. He also look far too lightweight for a FB at this level.

I know we're desperately short as a squad but on yesterdays evidence Dunne is not the answer to the LB question.

He is very welcome to prove me wrong though.

One slightly bright spark today. on 15:54 - Nov 2 with 1249 viewsFountain

ribble, what i can't understand is that we had a LB on the pitch already. Why not play him at LB and pick a more attack minded player in midfield like Shifka or Edu.

Poor team selection and I have to admit when they lined up I wondered why we were playing Delf at LB such as the notion that Dunne was playing was so far removed from my thinking.

slap me on the patio

One slightly bright spark today. on 16:04 - Nov 2 with 1230 viewsribble

Oriel has been found out in recent weeks though. He's ok coming forward but is beaten by pace far too easily for my liking so I can understand the thinking behind making a change. That said, Dunne was no better and probably, as it turned out, a worse option. Clarke gambled with Dunne and it didn't work out.

One slightly bright spark today. on 16:09 - Nov 2 with 1221 viewsFountain

The last time I saw Oriel I thought he had a solid game and I reckon in there is half a decent player- no Crainey mind- but a player in the position. There is always the issue of 'settling in' too.

slap me on the patio

One slightly bright spark today. on 16:16 - Nov 2 with 1214 viewsribble

He's the best option we have, I agree. Dunne had not played competitively for 10 months, and how it showed.

One slightly bright spark today. on 16:23 - Nov 2 with 1202 viewsSteveBanksDiscoPants

I thought Dunne was bloomin atrocious. Bring back Scott Darton

One slightly bright spark today. on 16:52 - Nov 2 with 1180 viewsTejas

Oi Curryman - Blatant shortism that !

One slightly bright spark today. on 18:52 - Nov 2 with 1153 viewswespens

One decent shot on goal but otherwise awful - don't know why he just didn't play the two Oriol's.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

One slightly bright spark today. on 15:35 - Nov 3 with 1118 viewsBigbrother

Haha SBDP - four words I thought I would never hear!!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

One slightly bright spark today. on 16:28 - Nov 3 with 1092 viewsElswick

Thought Dunne started brightly, neat and tidy on the ball, no more than 2 touches before distributing it. I liked him.
However after his shot I thought he tired and started to lose position and possession easily.
He came off at the right time.
He will get better and fitter with more game time.

One slightly bright spark today. on 16:47 - Nov 3 with 1075 viewsfamousgrouse

Joan Oriol was returning from injury so I thought the selection was to give some support in the Left defensive area. Dunne was signed as a natural left back and I have always thought that Qriol would be better just in front of the back four, because he is a ball player rather than a ball winner. Dunne was out of his comfort zone and nowhere near fit (witness his cramp during the second half), which is disappointing, but not surprising given his shut-out so far. He did produce our one worthwhile shot in the second half, and maybe there is time to develop for him if he's included in the squad.

Again the problems in midfield are there for all to see. Lundstrum and McMahon were ineffective from an attacking point of view, neither being able to carry the ball forward or pick a man (in tangerine). There is therefore very little for the forwards to feed on except scraps. The bits that come their way are crying out for a "poacher-type" player who can put the ball in the net from inside the 6-yard area.

Blackman who came on late looked to have a bit of pace and a decent left foot, so may benefit from inclusion in the squad and the occasional substitute appearance in the short-term.

Lee Clark has only a couple of weeks to dabble in the loan market and will be hampered by the number of loanees we currently have (3) so another two will complete our quota unless some of the current ones are discarded. He has already brought in a pacey winger from Norwich leaving one more to come. I hope it's an experienced midfielder because we're desperate for a creative talent.

One slightly bright spark today. on 17:02 - Nov 3 with 1067 viewsFountain

Think the Norwich lad and Daniels are Youth loans so don't count towards the five.

Lewis plays so that leaves 4 first XI loans to come in and they need to be bloody good and here pdq.

slap me on the patio

One slightly bright spark today. on 17:09 - Nov 3 with 1063 viewsfamousgrouse

Hadn't realised that Founts. Bring on the next four!

One slightly bright spark today. on 17:11 - Nov 3 with 1062 viewsFountain

grouse I THINK that is the position. I'm sure someone will confirm or correct.

slap me on the patio

One slightly bright spark today. on 19:00 - Nov 3 with 1028 viewsfamousgrouse

I think this is the case Founts. It is more about the number in a match squad than total numbers. It includes loans of all categories so "Youth Loans" would count. I think you may be confusing Premier League squads which excludes players under 21.

"6.4.8 A Club may name up to a maximum of five (5) players on a Team Sheet who are either Short Term Loan, [Emergency Loan (short term),] Long Term, [Youth Loan] or Work Experience"

However if we have loanees who are not going to be included in a match squad they might as well return to their home club (no names, no pack drill!!!)

One slightly bright spark today. on 19:11 - Nov 3 with 1024 viewsFountain

So Youth loans count towards the 5 in 18. Limits us especially since we have signed this Norwich chap.

Yet another wasted opportunity when it's clear we need not just proven quality but a talisman as well.

slap me on the patio

One slightly bright spark today. on 08:57 - Nov 4 with 960 viewsWindyMiller

I think to get one in on basically his first working day (Thurs/Fri will have been training days) is pretty decent to be honest and he knows the player and he's seen what he can do. We'll see what he can achieve.

The fact of the matter is there are three flaws in our team. Lundstram has to go. We need Cubero playing and he needs someone on the left wing who can bomb forward. They are only minor adjustments but I think they will make all the difference.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024