Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. 18:06 - Dec 27 with 2216 viewsCurryman

Ok I wasn't at the Wednesday game, but have read all the reports and the accompanying furore about the goings on between a section of the crowd, BSA officials and others.

I am not a member of BSA so have no axe to grind for them, likewise I am not a type that would harangue or vilify them because they are not doing what I want them to do. It is not, in my opinion, the correct manner in how to conduct yourself towards fellow fans.

This type of behaviour , basically hate, reminds me of things I've read about happening in Nazi Germany under Hitler and in Communist Russia under Stalin, i.e. if you don't think the way I do then the mob will come and smash your windows, burn your books put you in a camp whether that be a labour camp or a staleg. That may sound a little over the top, but it is the spark that could start the fire, and it is one of the reasons I have decided not to go the the Rotherham game tomorrow. I don't want to witness fan on fan, I want to see the back of the O's, the real enemy within.

Protest, chant, jump up and down do what you will but do not split the ranks and give KO succour when the pressure is starting to build nicely on both him and his odious, execrable, loathsome family.

OYSTON OUT.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 18:11 - Dec 27 with 2204 viewsTang67

Well wrote curry man but still think you should go

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 18:14 - Dec 27 with 2197 viewsCurryman

As I said T67, it is one of the reasons.

I am however going to Villa.

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 18:20 - Dec 27 with 2186 viewsOrmerod89

Sadly Curryman some of our fans haven't the sense they were born with and reasonable behaviour has gone out of the window. They'll be the same ones that berate every Muslim because of the work of ISIS!

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 19:18 - Dec 27 with 2156 viewsTejas

Curryman - sorry you're not going tomorrow but understand your reason. I hope you and family are having a great Christmas and I will see you in the new year. Let's hope for an Oyston free 2015.

All the best mate.

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 19:29 - Dec 27 with 2137 viewsAllorNothing

I don't think it's acceptable to abuse any BSA members but, sorry I've heard it all now, Comparing the goings on at a football match to the horrors of the Nazi's........if you don't want to go don't go, you don't need to make any excuses....we still live in a free country......OystonOut

He who seeks, finds

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 19:57 - Dec 27 with 2116 viewsThaliasdad

You better go to Norwich, i have promised to buy you a pint Thankfully it will be a lot less than i am paying currently in Copenhagen

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 20:07 - Dec 27 with 2097 viewsribble

Curryman is right. Targeting other fans as a group or as individuals IS unacceptable.

The remarks re Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia may be OTT but I can see where he's coming from.

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 20:18 - Dec 27 with 2081 viewsolneyseasider

Curryman; you may have gone a little over the top with your comparisons to Hitler and Stalin but I agree with the sentiment absolutely. As I said repeatedly in the other place last night, Oyston Out chants are totally acceptable (and indeed quite cathartic) but abuse directed at other fans certainly isn't. Drink and massive frustration is the explanation but not an excuse.

I have to add though that one frequent call last night was for BSA to formally condemn KO, the danger otherwise being that they will be seen to condone his remarks. From what Fiona said on Radio Lancs it's obvious that isn't the position but it would be hugely helpful if BSA could confirm formally just what their position is.

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 08:48 - Dec 28 with 1993 viewsCurryman

I did actually comment in my original piece that perhaps I was somewhat over the top in my comparisons, but, every event has a beginning, and I don't want the scenes at Hillsborough to be the beginning of a blood let between our fans.

There are plenty of other comparisons I could have used where things started slowly but then built up, however most people are aware, to some extent, of the goings on in both Germany and the USSR, which started slowly but escalated into complete horror.

Unacceptable, a plea from the heart. on 09:13 - Dec 28 with 1977 viewsPlumbs

We had it with Real BASIL and the Imposters but they just shriveled up and melted into the background.

Good stuff Currybloke and you're dead right about this.Had it at Dirty over Ken Bates and its still rumbling on,so best to nip it in the bud right now.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024