Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horrible similarities. 15:48 - Jan 1 with 4178 viewsCurryman

I have my ticket for the Villa game, my reason being I felt it would be a game where the pressure was off and that the pool players could probably relax a little bit. However, in the run up to this game we seem to be losing most of our loan players, probably still have injuries and our short term signings will probably not be bothered one way of the other!

It has horrible similarities to the FA Cup 3rd round at Torquay in which we had few players and were well outclassed by a team below us in League status. This time we have a team above us in status and few players of any note.

I am slowly losing the will to watch.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Horrible similarities. on 16:02 - Jan 1 with 4164 viewsWizaard

Nothing to lose this time, plus Villa are playing their best side today.

Not saying we'll win, but it won't be to Torquay standards.

Horrible similarities. on 16:16 - Jan 1 with 4148 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

I'd have liked to have gone as I've not seen us play at Villa Park but I just can't get the feeling for the game based on several things.

1. We have never appeared remotely interested in Cup ties since the early 90's. Can't imagine any team with a worse Cup record. I presume it part of a policy decision by the club not to risk injuries and suspensions from Cup ties at the expense of League points.

2. We have such a transient set of players it is hard to feel the need to lend my support to them knowing they will be elsewhere in a few months time.

3. We have such a poor record in the last 12 months against Championship sides, there seems no point in playing against higher level opposition.

4. Premier League monies make it a non event for Villa as well so they will play reserve players... and probably still win.

Horrible similarities. on 17:04 - Jan 1 with 4110 viewsOsbourne

Aston Villa drew 0-0 with Crystal Palace today.

Villa can score goals then!

Sorry to see Murphy go back to Norwich. I don't think he meant it at all. If I had been Lee Clark I would of laughed it off and kept him at Bloomfield Road. Murphy was 2 footed, quick, ran at defenders, got to the bye line to cross from both sides of the park and scored goals. Sorry to see him go, I liked him.

I think Pool can beat Villa 1-0. 2-0 would be better. If not bring them back to Bloomfield Road on a Tuesday night. I would be there. The burger van is good!

Horrible similarities. on 18:23 - Jan 1 with 4067 viewsRusty2Stands

I presume it part of a policy decision by the club not to risk injuries and suspensions from Cup ties at the expense of League points.

If it is it's hardly working is it.

Horrible similarities. on 18:26 - Jan 1 with 4065 viewstangerinedom

Strange thing was Curryman it wasn't actually that bad a team we sent out that day

Blackpool: Rachubka, Coid, Evatt, Barker, Harte, Green (Jorgensen 71), Southern, Fox, Vaughan, Nardiello (Merella 76), Burgess.
Subs Not Used: Crainey, Broomes, Martin, Gilks, Edwards.

Horrible similarities. on 09:31 - Jan 2 with 3712 viewslemongreentea

Funny how memory can change things. I seem to remember a very weak side, Grayson having just jumped ship and Tony Parkes taking over.However the side put out that day does have some good names. Just needs a CA and DJ.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7803334.stm

Horrible similarities. on 10:31 - Jan 2 with 3666 viewschesterbfc

I,m the same and I live nearer to Villa. Bought the ticket 2 hrs before B/Mouth game and apart from losing a few quid to BetVictor on that game now consider it to be a similar waste of money.Could haves the same feeling as watching a team of trialists at Kendal in a pre season in Ince,s era a couple of seasons ago.
Wont decide till tomorrow,

Horrible similarities. on 11:22 - Jan 3 with 3309 viewsbrassedoff

Have to say that Stuart Green was one of the worst players to put on a Blackpool shirt - definitely one of those who stole a living!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Horrible similarities. on 15:54 - Jan 3 with 3278 viewsSTHolder

Anyone else go to Torquay that day - My memory might be fooling me but am pretty sure we didn't have one shot on target?

Horrible similarities. on 10:08 - Jan 4 with 3222 viewswe_are_Superior

Must confess Curryman I was going to wait to see what the weather was like, how the bank account looked and what sort of team we'd put out before committing and despite it being a lovely day and having nothing on I'm not going to what could be our last game against Premier League opposition for some years

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Horrible similarities. on 23:23 - Jan 4 with 3173 viewscamberwell1

You're not the only one !

I for one will be watching The Cods next week at Orient and I'm an ST holder at Bloomers! However the Central Line is far more appealing than the North Euston line

The reason the players are leaving is a) they've had enough, b) we can't hold on to them and c) We're down. Who in their right minds would want to play for Lee Clark &/or Karl Oyston - even if we offered double money would you join a drowning ship ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024