Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst place for the wind at Bloomfield Road!! 13:33 - Feb 1 with 1729 viewsoneswallow

Now we have a few regular Phantom Guffer's near where I sit in the West but am just wondering is every area in Bloomfield Road affected by the weather related wind. I was about as cold as I can remember yesterday and just wondering if ever area was exposed or if the North and South are somehow shielded? Can't imagine the away fans have much pleasure sat where they are!

Worst place for the wind at Bloomfield Road!! on 13:35 - Feb 1 with 1727 viewssteve_g

we have a few regular Phantom Guffer's near where I sit in the West

We must sit near each other oneswallow .. usually the second half about 10 mins after kick off - we hold our noses in preparation!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Worst place for the wind at Bloomfield Road!! on 19:21 - Feb 1 with 1698 viewsOsbourne

!
One can't account for a Phantom Guffer! However,

The "weather wind" yesterday (Brighton) at Bloomfield Road was blowing virtually directly from the East Stand to the West Stand. It was bitterly cold sitting anywhere in the West Stand yesterday.

The best place yesterday would probably of been in the East Stand, however, the East stand is hardly "State of the Art!" so I can't be sure on that one. I have never, myself, sat in the East Stand, for me it is always either the West or the South.

However, the wind yesterday was "tailor made" for Jamie O'Hara's left footed free kick. The wind, aided by great skill from O'Hara's "left foot of silk," dipped the ball perfectly over the helpless Stockdale. Into Brighton's onion bag. YOU BEAUTY!

I didn't mind the bitter, cold wind in my face the whole game for the 3 points it brought Pool.

Pool now need more points, quick. The Bloomfield Road pitch though, what a state.

Worst place for the wind at Bloomfield Road!! on 19:30 - Feb 1 with 1692 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

If it's an easterly wind then I think everywhere in the ground is likely to be very cold. The first half yesterday was the coldest I've been at a match in a very long time.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Worst place for the wind at Bloomfield Road!! on 19:44 - Feb 1 with 1683 viewstangerinemoss

Used to be the Scrattin Shed, remember in the 70's with few fans in it huddling together like penguins in a creche. Wind howling in from the Irish Sea, there's a lot to be said for standing, seats are spaced out and sitting is colder. Remember the first seats, open floor underneath pre Bradford fire, wind came at you from all directions.

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024