Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Oliver 21:36 - Mar 9 with 9895 viewswillis1980

Credit where it's due is giving a great performance in reffing. Just can't help wondering if he was in charge on Saturday if things would've been different

Michael Oliver on 21:38 - Mar 9 with 8094 viewsHayesender

No more fergie fear

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Michael Oliver on 21:39 - Mar 9 with 8084 viewsbillericaydicky

Hope the 4th official (a certain Mr Craig Pawson) is watching and learning...

Michael Oliver on 21:57 - Mar 9 with 8026 viewsJigsore

Good refereeing tonight. Stamped out the shameful diving and didn't get pressured by Rooney and co. as so many do at OT

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Michael Oliver on 22:16 - Mar 9 with 7938 viewsToast_R

Is it me or does he look a bit like Tom Cruise?

Michael Oliver on 22:31 - Mar 9 with 7875 viewsderbyhoop

He might be the youngest (?) of the elite refs but he must also be one of the best. Very brave decisions to book January and Di Maria for simulation (also defined as cheating) at Old trafford.

Excellent ref for a superb game.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Michael Oliver on 22:31 - Mar 9 with 7877 viewsbosh67

He was excellent tonight. Showed referees can do a good job.

Tom Cruise? Really?

Nah, Toast. If you are as old as I am... He's Pog!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Michael Oliver on 22:31 - Mar 9 with 7875 viewsjohncharles

Respect. After all the rubbish refereeing we've seen recently here's a guy who knows how it's done.

Strong and stable my arse.

Michael Oliver on 22:49 - Mar 9 with 7819 viewsbatmanhoop

just commented on another forum along these lines, thought he was superb

Michael Oliver on 22:59 - Mar 9 with 7782 viewsquickpassrotter

Mike Riley should take the match video and get all the Prem Referees to sit down and review it - and tell them that is how you referee football matches. Michael Oliver was excellent. If Oliver makes the odd unintentional mistake (and he did not tonight), then that's acceptable because he's smart, controls games well and acts with integrity.
He and Clattenburg are light years ahead of all the other referees. Can you imagine Martin Atkinson tonight with all the diving and cheating, and Rooney trying to referee as usual - it would have been carnage.

Michael Oliver on 22:59 - Mar 9 with 7781 viewsQPR1882

So the same ref who did nothing when head butted by the England goalkeeper, gives a yellow for a player who grabs his shirt.

Another shit prem ref.......................

Michael Oliver on 23:32 - Mar 9 with 7728 viewsAndyB

Or maybe, in hindsight, he realised that what JH did was unacceptable.
You know...learned from it?

If refs made as many mistakes as players and repeated them - we'd be a hell of a lot worse off.

And no...I'm not a ref.

Michael Oliver on 00:03 - Mar 10 with 7678 viewsHollowayRanger

its probably because of what joe hart got away with and the feedback the ref got from that ,that's cost de Mario tonight

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Michael Oliver on 00:03 - Mar 10 with 7686 viewsNorthernr

That Joe Hart pic is a crock of sht, watch the incident on video and the idea he head butted him becomes laughable. Great stuff from Oliver tonight and much needed to restore done credibility to refereeing in this country.

Michael Oliver on 00:17 - Mar 10 with 7663 viewsRsStaines

Certainly one of if not the best ref around at the minute.
See the fourth official a certain C Paws on couldn't even manage to get the electronic board right when the subs were made at the start of the 2nd half.

Michael Oliver on 00:45 - Mar 10 with 7635 viewsPunteR

Excellent refing tonight. I don't envy refs at all,but that Michael Oliver must have some bottle to make those decisions. Fair play .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Michael Oliver on 08:10 - Mar 10 with 7473 viewsVish

Fair play to him for those big and correct decisions.

I won't forget the penalty decision he gave against us a few years ago when Agbonlahor got a very very soft penalty.

All credit to him for yesterday though. Hopefully this is the tide turning and other refs won't be afraid to give decisions against United at home all the time.

Michael Oliver on 08:23 - Mar 10 with 7444 viewsJamie

Quite.

Michael Oliver on 08:36 - Mar 10 with 7415 viewsQPR1882

JB got sent off v Norwich for less, so how is it a croc of shite ?

Fact is the Premiership, the best league in the world (?) and watched worldwide had 1 game for its vast fans all over the world to watch via live stream on Saturday. During the game the officials had in footballing terms a nightmare, they did not do the best league in the world (?) justice,they did not do English officials justice. Officials last night must of been on strict orders to get things right for the TV and streaming public.

Fact is MO did his job last night,no more,no less. He reffed a game within the laws of the game,trouble is we are so used to seeing bad refs make bad calls this year that when one does his job he gets praised, normal service this weekend me thinks.

Michael Oliver on 08:48 - Mar 10 with 7392 viewssimmo

It does show how bad refereeing has become that it's almost national news for a referee to have a good game and get decisions correct. Fair play to him though, nice to see it was his decisions and not Rooney.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Michael Oliver on 09:27 - Mar 10 with 7337 viewsQPunkR

I was genuinely astounded he produced 2 yellows for diving yesterday, in the best way possible. It's almost unheard of for refs to book these fúcking modern footballers for their constant diving, but to book 2 of 'em? And at Old Trafford?! My hat is doffed.
He had a v good game yesterday, even if I was raging at the TV earlier on when it seemed he was letting 'em dive with impunity.
Wasn't it strange how after he booked Januzaj, all the players stayed on their feet when tackled or nudged for the rest of the game!

QPR - "shit but local"

Michael Oliver on 09:38 - Mar 10 with 7312 viewsNorthernr

He definitely didn't. - Barton that is. Watch the clip posted above. If that's a headbutt you wouldn't get very far in Glasgow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Michael Oliver on 10:07 - Mar 10 with 7267 viewsPommyhoop

Who was the player who took the piss out of the ref's doddery fall in a goal celebration the following week? Was it Ian Wright? Or maybe Neil Ruddock..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Michael Oliver on 10:46 - Mar 10 with 7229 viewsBklynRanger

I think it surprised everybody. I noticed the commentator making the 'observation' that refs have always seemed to 'struggle' to give decisions against Man Utd at Old Trafford.

10 minutes later Zanussi Twin Tub goes down and the comm just instinctively goes "Penalty to Manchester Uunnnited!" He was as shocked as most of us were when it wasn't given.

So that was good.

Michael Oliver on 10:58 - Mar 10 with 7205 viewsJonDoeman

He's much improved, I used to think he was shite. Best in the country on last nights performance.
Classy from Young & Rooney trying to get Bellerin sent off. Cnts.

It Is What It Is !!

Michael Oliver on 11:47 - Mar 10 with 7172 viewskingo

He did referee very well last night BUT there was no small club involved. I wonder if he would have been so efficient if we were in that game. I don't think I can remember coming away from a game and thinking, we got something from a ref. Instead I continually see refs who give fouls against us and book us and then let the same offence by the opposition go.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024