Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Phillips 22:31 - Apr 7 with 5731 viewsDieByYourSide

Take a f*cking bow mate

Poll: And it's hi ho

Matt Phillips on 23:15 - Apr 7 with 4001 views100percent

Agreed - he had a good game and looks dangerous when he has the ball - confidence is growing all the time.
hopefully we will be able to keep him - I'm sure he is turning a few heads at the moment

Matt Phillips on 23:20 - Apr 7 with 3970 viewseastside_r

Stats before this evening said he was joint equal with Cazorla for assists (5) this calendar year. Added a goal and two more tonight, enough said.

Matt Phillips on 05:24 - Apr 8 with 3777 viewsRType

He was superb and absolutely run his bollocks off too

Matt Phillips on 06:20 - Apr 8 with 3740 viewsozexile

He did for the last half hour he had to run the whole right side of our team. Up,down,up,down. Brilliant effort.

Matt Phillips on 07:53 - Apr 8 with 3621 viewsmikeygunn

He is second behind Messi in goal assists in top 5 leagues across europe in 2015. Not bad for a player gammy knee was trying to ship out.

Matt Phillips on 08:07 - Apr 8 with 3576 viewsDorse

I just don't think Harry was very good. There, I've said it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Matt Phillips on 08:28 - Apr 8 with 3520 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I concur.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Matt Phillips on 08:31 - Apr 8 with 3502 viewsShotKneesHoop

'Arry is the R'SWipe of football management / wheeler dealers.

His knee is a lot better, it's the rest of him that needs amputating.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Matt Phillips on 08:33 - Apr 8 with 3495 viewsElHoop

He did sign him though.

Matt Phillips on 08:39 - Apr 8 with 3478 viewsMetallica_Hoop

In every turd there is bound to be something nutritious....

Or something like that.

Maybe....... "The Tosher who 'toshes' all day is bound to find gold eventually." (C) MH2015

Matt Phillips on 08:44 - Apr 8 with 3451 viewsDANRANGER

He is our only real outlet and is performing out of his skin considering what is around him. We were poor again last night but showed enough going forward with him to keep Villa worried. We all knew he was a decent player and amazing what a bit of confidence does.

Matt Phillips on 08:56 - Apr 8 with 3398 viewsElHoop

I don't think that Redknapp's signings were that bad at all. We wouldn't have scored many last night without his signings, put it like that. He even brought Clint back into the fold and made him captain. I would put Harry well above Hughes or Warnock in terms of signing players, he was just pretty crap at managing them.

Matt Phillips on 09:01 - Apr 8 with 3379 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Hughes for sure.

You can't really blame Warnock for what he signed last time.

Austin and a few others I suppose too.

I think we are cursed anyway, like the old Baseball ground allegedly was.

Matt Phillips on 09:03 - Apr 8 with 3365 viewsDiscodroids

matt phillips, the unblemished sweetcorn kernel in redknapps chocolate log, foul of dame judi dench and sinking under the weight of threaded tape worms.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Matt Phillips on 09:06 - Apr 8 with 3359 viewsElHoop

He unloaded Mutch who was obviously never going to be fit. Fer turned out OK before injury struck. Austin was a triffic signing. Yun still has potential and was cheap in any event. Caulker, you'd probably get most of your money back because there's no CBs out there. Henry was a good buy and pretty cheap. McCarthy I'm not sure about but he's still got potential. Phillips finally looking like he'll make the grade. There's others who weren't so good or who were short term or loans - more of a mixed bag.

Matt Phillips on 09:15 - Apr 8 with 3329 viewsGetMeRangers

Just glorious to see an Rs player putting real fear into other sides. He looks dangerous every time he went down the line. Just hope Ramsey doesnt make the mistake of lumping him on the left again, any point soon

Matt Phillips on 09:23 - Apr 8 with 3307 viewswestberksr

Phillips, dropped him in favour of a centre forward (who we needed to play centre forward), only came good when Harry fukked off. now our most dangerous player by a mile and showing the sort of application to he game that was lacking earlier on.

he signed Mutch (along with every other similar player that was available, Fer, Niko) and then didn't play him in his right position (or Fer, or Niko).
Fer finally looked decent when put in his right position post Harry.
Henry does exactly what it says on the tin.
Austin only came here as he failed Hull's medical, let's not give Redknapp credit for fixing that; but being a buddy of Charlie's grandad would have helped. might have helped if he also signed another CF too (in either season!)
Yun sat on the bench or rotted in the reserves for most of his time here and only got picked when every other attempt at a LB failed.
Caulker, bought him and played him in position (shockingly one where he actually did that), dropped him at one point too.

There's others who were really shit (Rio, Niko) and others who were a mixed bag (Sandra, OBZ resigned, Traore resigned), without dwelling on the 2 previous seasons and 3 transfer windows and he sold the only right back in the squad and the following week complained we had no right backs!

Redknapp was a useless fukk.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 9:29]

Matt Phillips on 09:27 - Apr 8 with 3279 viewsElHoop

He might have been a shite manager, he might not have signed the right players, he might have sold some wrong ones, but most of those he did sign weren't that bad.

Matt Phillips on 09:36 - Apr 8 with 3250 viewswestberksr

but he didn't exactly unearth any bargain gems for us did he. All of the 'good' signings were established players bought at their market price, attracted to our club for huge wages. Fer, Sandro & Caulker were all around £8m, Phillips and Austin both £4-£5m in the Championship.

he then couldn't coach the fukkers to any standard near acceptable despite having his dream team of coaches chauffering him to and from Sandbanks; or even play them in their right positions.

every manager signs what appear to be good players; it's what they do with them then that matters.

Matt Phillips on 09:46 - Apr 8 with 3227 viewsQPunkR

In the wise words of Andy Gray; tick a boo son, tick a fackin' boo.

QPR - "shit but local"

Matt Phillips on 09:51 - Apr 8 with 3207 viewsElHoop

I would say that one or two are looking like bargains but that's not really the point. To be a lot better than some people on here are making out they don't need to be bargains or fantastic, they just need to not be terrible.

Matt Phillips on 09:57 - Apr 8 with 3184 viewsjohncharles

"Most of the one's he signed weren't that bad" For all the money he spent and the huge sums we paid him, that's the best you can say ?

P.S. I'd argue the "most" bit.

Strong and stable my arse.

Matt Phillips on 10:00 - Apr 8 with 3173 viewsElHoop

I'm not talking about how much we paid him either. I'm just talking about the players he signed, and in particular those we paid a fee for. Just forget all of the other crap and look at who he signed, it's really not so difficult.

Matt Phillips on 10:05 - Apr 8 with 3150 viewsjohncharles

Would like to narrow the parameters a bit more to justify your claims ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Matt Phillips on 10:11 - Apr 8 with 3131 viewsElHoop

That's a bit of a laugh. I've only said that his signings weren't that bad. That's all I've ever said. I never mentioned his pay or his tactics or his coaching or who else he could have signed or not sold, that's what people like you have said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024