Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is still a special club 19:17 - Jan 6 with 7509 viewsDevonrrr

I rarely post but read this site daily as I find you all entertaining and informative. I would like to share a text I received from my 17 year old lad today which will hopefully relieve some of the frustration currently being experienced. "Saw some guy in Exeter wearing one of QPR's old jackets so I went over, said its nice to see another Rangers fan in Exeter and we were talking, then he bought me a hot chocolate and that was that!" Players and owners come and go but it is us supporters that make this club special and that must never change. See you all in Nottingham. Come on you suppaaaa..........

This is still a special club on 19:40 - Jan 6 with 6254 viewsconnell10

Amen to that brother!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

This is still a special club on 20:35 - Jan 6 with 6124 viewsbosh67

Brilliant post. Bang on. The supporters are QPR.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

This is still a special club on 20:50 - Jan 6 with 6073 viewspeejaybee

You don't just Support the Rssssssssss,you become an R,I have been since 1948.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

This is still a special club on 20:53 - Jan 6 with 6068 viewsHitch

Fix Bayonets Lads

This is still a special club on 20:56 - Jan 6 with 6056 viewsted_hendrix

Fix the right back position first.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

This is still a special club on 21:09 - Jan 6 with 5991 viewsDiscodroids

it is a special club, And i'll always love the fu cker.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

This is still a special club on 22:58 - Jan 6 with 5798 viewsisawqpratwcity

"A satisfied customer...we should have him stuffed."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

This is still a special club on 23:18 - Jan 6 with 5756 viewsBoston

...erm, might also be described as an incurable disease and at the moment it's certainly affecting my health. But fack medical opinion, some things are worth dying for.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

This is still a special club on 23:23 - Jan 6 with 5743 viewsitsbiga

Special Needs club :)
Love it all the same tho

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

This is still a special club on 23:26 - Jan 6 with 5736 viewsBoston

...and indeed we do run our own buses.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

This is still a special club on 07:54 - Jan 7 with 5620 viewsMytch_QPR

I think the main reason why so many fans are feeling deflated (apart from the results) is that we haven't had any off-field antics of late to discuss.
Let's face it, our club has consistently provided high value entertainment / stress in the form of points deductions, multi-million pound takeovers, massively overpaid mercenaries, Odemwingie camping outside on transfer day - not to mention armed police turning up on matchday to attend a boardroom shootout. Frankly, it's all become a bit boring recently - and I think that reflects in the atmosphere.

But yes, it is a special club. There's something unique about the kit, history and stadium that sets us apart. Rewards for us supporters may be thin on the ground but that's what makes us all Rs.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

This is still a special club on 08:27 - Jan 7 with 5559 viewsrichranger

Basil Fawlty :>)

This is still a special club on 08:59 - Jan 7 with 5517 viewsShotKneesHoop

Exeter St Davids station is a hot bed of R's fans. Ticket collectors, platform staff, drivers etc are all R's fans who used to live in Paddington and Hammersmith and work on the Western Region either at Paddington or Old Oak shed and migrated down the line as they fancied a quieter life as they "matured"

I was at Exeter St Davids a couple of Julys ago with Taxidermist who was wearing an R's scarf in hot weather when we were constantly being approached by railway staff and asked about the club and the ground.

They still rate it as a "special club" - shame the owners and most of Redknobb's signings don't have the same attitude.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

This is still a special club on 09:05 - Jan 7 with 5507 viewsAddinall

Me too since 46/47.

This is still a special club on 09:16 - Jan 7 with 5491 viewspeejaybee

Hi ,
Can you remember Jefferson, the delicate and oh so timid full back of that era I wonder what they would make of him today.

This is still a special club on 09:26 - Jan 7 with 5475 viewsBluce_Ree

A bit more special bus than special club at the moment but it's QPR and I wouldn't trade them for all the silverware in the world. We may be shit right now but every other club is c*nt and we're not. I'll take that for now.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

This is still a special club on 10:10 - Jan 7 with 5426 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yup. I put it in quote marks because it wasn't mine.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

This is still a special club on 10:45 - Jan 7 with 5397 viewsadhoc_qpr

We're special because no other club has our absolutely mad history - characters like Bowles, mass brawl with the chinese U23s, the Zamora goal, fake guns in the boardroom incidents, the morning of the Leeds game where Faurlin gate was resolved, multiple billionaires, John Terry stripped of the England captaincy after we put Chelsea in their place etc etc etc

My favourite random meet up with a fellow supporter was about 10 years ago while on holiday in Italy.

Had no internet coverage in my hotel in the hills above Sorrento and desperate to find out the QPR score from the night before, i wore my QPR shirt down to the pool hoping to meet a fellow football fan who could tell me. My wife scoffed at my plan, but as soon as i got down to the pool, another guy in a QPR rushed over to me also trying to find out the score of the game! We had a good chat and eventually did find someone to tell us the score too!

This is still a special club on 11:31 - Jan 7 with 5348 viewsAddinall

Yes I can.Bald head.Solid a a rock.He didn't worry about putting it into row X,preferring to clear the Ellerslie Road stand completely.

The team was something like:-

Allen

Jefferson Powell G

Smith A Smith G Powell I

Wardle Hatton Addinall Mills Hartburn

and we as fans were certainly more easily pleased!

This is still a special club on 11:44 - Jan 7 with 5327 viewsTheBlob

Special like certain types of torture are special - the ones that don't actually kill as they're slicing away at your vitals.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

This is still a special club on 11:55 - Jan 7 with 5301 viewssimmo

Was with my mrs a little while ago wearing my QPR top and someone shouted 'YOU R's' at me. She had no fckin clue what was going on.

I still get it at 5 a side occasionally, you get a shout or a knowing look. It's not like any other club, especially not in London...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This is still a special club on 12:06 - Jan 7 with 5277 viewspeejaybee

Don Mills,now that was some player.he would get into any team today.

This is still a special club on 12:10 - Jan 7 with 5270 viewsAddinall

We were there!Different century,great memories.

This is still a special club on 12:11 - Jan 7 with 5266 viewsTHEBUSH

I was in this bar over Christmas in San Fernando, way down in Andalucia and hanging from the ceiling was a QPR scarf, wow, wish I knew who put it there

This is still a special club on 12:14 - Jan 7 with 5258 viewspeejaybee

Where was your Spot in the ground.?????

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024