Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glasto 2016 13:40 - Mar 29 with 8732 viewsTheBlob

Filth apart from ELO and ZZ Top.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Glasto 2016 on 13:43 - Mar 29 with 6860 viewsMick_S

Not a fan of The Syrian National Orchestra?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Glasto 2016 on 13:50 - Mar 29 with 6838 viewsToast_R

What no Guns n Roses?

That's probably the worst line up I've seen in years.

Glasto 2016 on 13:53 - Mar 29 with 6831 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I like PJ Harvey and some Muse.

I thought Mercury Rev were dead.

Sunday here is looking pukka:
Amon Amarth
Delain
Nightwish
Ghost and Maiden.

[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 13:54]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Glasto 2016 on 13:58 - Mar 29 with 6817 viewsBluce_Ree

It always amuses me when people try to say Muse are good. If Muse are so f**king good why are they grouped with Adele and Coldplay?

Muse are shit as F*CK.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Glasto 2016 on 14:05 - Mar 29 with 6799 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I like some of their rock stuff but on a par with Coldplay when they do the annoying synth stuff.

I f'kin hate synths I stood through this a few years ago @Desertfest. the only band I wandered off for a cigarette mid set. Mind you Orthodox_Hoop liked them.

Glasto 2016 on 14:16 - Mar 29 with 6765 viewsTheBlob

NNNNnnnnnnnnooooooooo.....analogue synths are the dogs,apart from the Les Paul Standard '59.

(Vinnie on drums)

Glasto 2016 on 14:21 - Mar 29 with 6754 viewsRangersDave

Heretic! Your marked for burning! 😉

Each to their own, and I personally like Muse, seeing them 5 times this year on 3 different continents alone. Always value for money if you like pomp rock.

Coldplay? Good lord, talk about pretentious crap.
Adele? OMG to use the parlance of the yoof of today..
Poor Art Garfunkel looks lost in that list. Lol

Still the event will keep the 'happy with anything' brigade happy. Nice money to stand in a wet field in other people's piss.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Glasto 2016 on 14:29 - Mar 29 with 6723 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I mean in rock bands it's one step from

I actually don't mind a bit of prog if I'm in the mood like Magna Carta.

Glasto 2016 on 14:32 - Mar 29 with 6714 viewsrobith

One of their strongest in a while tbh

Headliners are boring, but you want your head examined if you go to the Pyramid for a headliner, it's horrible.

Stormzy/Explosions in the Sky/Grimes/LCD/Polly Harvey/Chvrches/M83/Underwordl/Wolf Alice/Bat for Lashes/Floating Points/Daughter are all tops and given a) you can see about 6 acts a day and b) there's about 300 more tba looks solid

Glasto 2016 on 14:52 - Mar 29 with 6662 viewsBoston

Who or what are Muse?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Glasto 2016 on 15:11 - Mar 29 with 6624 viewsToast_R

This one sounds better

http://www.anewdayfestival.com/schedule

Limehouse Lizzy on the Friday. Can't whack it.

Glasto 2016 on 15:20 - Mar 29 with 6601 viewsDaiHo0p

Off to see MUSE next week in Belfast, went to see Richard Hawley a few weeks ago and going to MADNESS at Cyfarthfa Castle, Merthyr in august. So no need to go to GLASTO.

Glasto 2016 on 15:34 - Mar 29 with 6564 viewsDWQPR

Usually go to the BST at Hyde Park each year, 2012 saw New Order, Blur and The Specials, skipped 2013 as it was the Stones, 2014 saw The Libertines and last year, Johnny Marr, Kaiser Chiefs, Weller and The Who on a wonderful booze filled, warm June Friday. This year other than possible Stevie Wonder the line up for the various days is utter shîte. Will just look around for some decent gigs throughout the year or a few extra days at the Lords test matches and possibly the Oval.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Glasto 2016 on 15:37 - Mar 29 with 6554 viewskensalriser

I'm afraid you just declared yourself the biggest BOF on the forum, Blob!

Wear that badge with pride.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Glasto 2016 on 16:08 - Mar 29 with 6490 viewsTheBlob

Blimey,haven't heard that BOF jibe in many a while.
In fact you'd have to be a BOF in order to employ it.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 16:10]

Glasto 2016 on 17:27 - Mar 29 with 6413 viewsElHoop

Muse don't do much for me either. On the face of it there's not much 'must see' stuff on the bill. I'd probably go and see Foals and Last Shadow Puppets if i were going and there'd be loads of decent stuff I've never heard of but I'm not going so I shall remain not having heard of them for a while.

Aren't Radiohead meant to be showing up?

Glasto 2016 on 17:31 - Mar 29 with 6404 viewsaston_hoop

There isn't a lot there I'd be interested in seeing. But then I am not going so no loss

They may be a load of shite headliners but they've sold a ton of records between them so let the masses have their fun. Except Muse fans, Muse are just shite.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Glasto 2016 on 17:42 - Mar 29 with 6383 viewsted_hendrix

My 50th birthday present from my youngest son were tickets for ZZ Top at the Brixton Academy, not only were they awesome but they were the tightest band I've ever seen live, they were just brilliant.

My Family rocks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Glasto 2016 on 18:27 - Mar 29 with 6335 viewsBostonR

Saw ZZ Top in 1977 at the Hammersmith Odeon on the El Loco Tour. One of my top live gigs of all time.

Glasto 2016 on 19:41 - Mar 29 with 6278 viewskensalriser

And now hipsters have stolen their USP, the bastards.

Glasto 2016 on 20:28 - Mar 29 with 6239 viewsderbyhoop

As usual, it is an eclectic collection. If I were going, which I'm not, I'd find plenty of interest - Chvrches, Daughter, Disclosure, Bat For Lashes, St Etienne, Foals, The Last Shadow Puppets and PJ Harvey. Derbyhoop is 63.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Glasto 2016 on 20:41 - Mar 29 with 6223 viewsDrewster

Coldplay and adele?
Jeez, but then that'll get the thousands of the kids excited and sit on each other's shoulders and wave their hands in the air.
Not going but if I was i'd be going to all the fringe tents and stages as their are some good acts there.
Will watch it at home with good sound, can actually see the acts, and won't have to worry about overflowing chod filled bogs!

Glasto 2016 on 20:53 - Mar 29 with 6211 viewsBrightonhoop

Exactly Drewster. Read as far as Cold Play and Adele and thought only Foals can make this worse and there they are lol ffs. Cannot imagine even New Order without Hooky....
Side shows for me. Been there, got the t-shirt. I'll watch from the comfort of my sofa with pizza and cold ones in the fridge and a clean, bleached bog!

Glasto 2016 on 22:14 - Mar 29 with 6164 viewsMonahoop

One often sighs at the Glastonbury line up each year, but I'll end up watching it none the less, at least some of it. There's always a few surprises, [ last year Lionel Richie almost stole the show ]. ZZ Top, Richard Hawley, Madness, Ernest Ranglin and possibly PJ Harvey at a push, would be my pick here. But the headliners? Coldplay. Adele, ELO. Yes bloody ELO! I might just watch them and morph into the disenchanted, begrudging 17 year old again and spit venom at them and their putrid oh so 'aren't we clever' songs as I did all those years ago. Some bands as you grow up you apologise to and gradually grant them respect. No not ELO for me. Thank God punk came along when it did. Bloody ELO!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Glasto 2016 on 22:48 - Mar 29 with 6132 viewskensalriser

I share your disdain for ELO's pomp rock Mona. Another one of those floaters that wouldn't flush away in the late 70s. People love 'em though so what the fck do we know.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024