Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The smoggie Match Thread. 22:35 - Mar 31 with 31296 viewsconnell10

Ill start this and go for a startling 3-0 win for the R,S.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The smoggie Match Thread. on 08:58 - Apr 2 with 1904 viewskomradkirk

He must have had a bucket on his head if he thought Mackies' shot didn't cross the line

The smoggie Match Thread. on 09:01 - Apr 2 with 1896 viewsjohncharles

Onouha is not a right back. Perhaps if we say often enough the message will through.
All in all, in the cold light of day etc., it was an entertaining game and we played some good football. Now, how long is it since I said that ? We were robbed of a point but luckily it doesn't matter much now we seem to be stuck at 11th and close to the end of the season.

Strong and stable my arse.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 12:07 - Apr 2 with 1730 viewsTheBlob

Shouldn't you be jerking off your knees about now?You obviously need a bit of relief.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The smoggie Match Thread. on 12:48 - Apr 2 with 1679 viewsthemodfather

i felt boro were not good, got very lucky and a very poor ref and dire linesman....the 1st was a monumental eff up by qpr....the 2nd, smithies saves another pen, from the corner free header 2-1...their 3rd came soon after and another free header...so 3-1 but i felt if we got a 2nd ( we were not passing well...faurlin avoided tackles, henry went crab like and a back 4 so bad its near criminal) we could get at em...we scored a "2nd" but linesman reckoned it went out, a BIG moment....cos we did get a 2nd, which may have been a leveller!!! why have we no full backs? why is yun still at charlton when we need cover? all bow locks.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 13:57 - Apr 2 with 1635 viewsQPRDave

Yes I misunderstood it.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 16:14 - Apr 2 with 1585 viewsvegasranger

Annti, I'm not sure why you are happy with bang average. I'm pretty sure we are paying more in wages that nay other team in the Championship. Although I haven't managed to watch many games this season it's fairly obvious this isn't a team in progress. Apart from Smithies ( who is excellent ) and Polter ( who has really improved ) who else in this team is going to improve? Maybe Washington? What do you think of El Khayati? Seems a bit of Bambi with windmill arms !!

The smoggie Match Thread. on 16:24 - Apr 2 with 1576 viewsTacticalR

Some of my best friends are average.

Air hostess clique

The smoggie Match Thread. on 16:40 - Apr 2 with 1538 viewsQPRDave

Ridiculous comment, "And a bit of averageness is what this coub needs right now. I'm kin delighted with average. "

The smoggie Match Thread. on 16:53 - Apr 2 with 1536 viewsPunteR

Average is a lot better than being sh*t

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 17:22 - Apr 2 with 1506 viewsDeepcutHoop

Why? There was a feeling that that was well out of our reach early on in the season.

I thought we might struggle this season, that we are currently average with signs of improvement is excellent news.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 17:31 - Apr 2 with 1489 viewsBoston

Are they modest fellows, with much to be modest about?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 18:32 - Apr 2 with 1445 viewsBklynRanger

Some of my best friends are songs.

Anyway, I just watched the entire hair raising 95 minutes of that and my trenchant analysis is

bugger

The smoggie Match Thread. on 18:42 - Apr 2 with 1423 viewsAntti_Heinola

Smithies good keeper.
Hall will improve undoubtedly.
High hopes for Robinson
Luongo a quality player and will only get better with experience.
Chery is superb and improved dramatically under JFH.
Early days with Nasser, but he's a maverick, like him.
Furlong could well come back next season, exciting.
Polter is decent, not quite Heidar, but improving.
Washington will definitely get better - finding his feet at this level.

Before Friday we were 5th in the form table since Christmas. It's a slow and painful improvement, but it's happening.

Absolutely loads to be upbeat about. Certainly not getting upset about a team likely to go up this season.

QPRDave - I'm not going to bother to explain my post to you. I've done it multiple times in the past and you'll never get it because you can't look further into the future than about 5 minutes. No offence mate, but we're so far apart on how we look at football it's just not worth debating to be honest.

Bare bones.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 21:04 - Apr 2 with 1367 viewsNeil_SI

It had a bit of everything that match. Found it enjoyable, but some of our defending was pretty brainless and woeful in patches and we paid the price for it.

And it was those lapses that marred and otherwise decent performance in a competitive game. It was even for large parts, even if at times, they held the ball in more dangerous areas of the pitch. They managed to get it to the danger areas more quickly than we did and then find penetrative passes into the final third.

However — when you consider that — we didn't concede from any of their build up play. It was our own mistakes and poor concentration that gifted them goals and sometimes that just happens. It's been a problem for us for so many years. Apart from the one off promotion season under Warnock, I can't really recall a time in the last ten where this hasn't been an issue of sorts.

The only disappointment for me is not grasping the story of the game. For me, I thought Faurlin was pretty poor from the outset and he never really improved, often giving the ball away and then conceding a penalty sloppily. He should have been hooked earlier really.

Likewise, Chery looked like he was on fire. Some of his touches were truly mesmerising and we didn't recognise it. We should have looked to get him on the ball at every opportunity as he'd have been able to hurt them being in that kind of mood. It's these little details that you want both players and staff to pick up on and do something about if necessary.

Towards the end, we also took a big risk and unbalanced the side by leaving just Karl Henry as the lone central midfielder and throwing Angella up front. Obviously you're trying to go for it and get something back, but we got the balance of this wrong and were wide open on many occasions for a soft counter attack.

That sounds like a dig though. Overall I think we've made some decent enough progression and you can forgive some of the mistakes at this stage of the season as we continue to build. The management and staff will have learned plenty about their players from the game and that's a positive.

The attitude was good from the players throughout, and it was really nice to see the fans pretty much stay with the team despite the sloppiness that led to all of their goals. All of this is making going and watch the team much more palatable than it has been at points this season and even before.

Delighted to see Mackie score at home again as well. I've been waiting for that for a long time.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:10 - Apr 2 with 1327 viewsvegasranger

Some good points Neil. There was a real good team spirit yesterday , I really thought we would get the draw.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:20 - Apr 2 with 1318 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Neil. Informative and thoughtful.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024