Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! 15:06 - Dec 7 with 9919 viewsKonk

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/07/the-clubhouse-opened

If you want me on a match day, you’ll find me at the Clubhouse drinking cocktails in a sophisticated environment where the subtle lighting evokes the atmosphere of an operating theatre, the polystyrene ceiling tiles, sprinklers and A/C grills pay tribute to the sort of airless room in which you might find yourself attending an IT security course, and where the chrome barstools with white leather cushioning nod knowingly to the trendy cocktail bars of post-Soviet Moscow.

This is exactly what the Cottage has been crying out for, these past 120 years. A brightly lit room where people can drink cocktails under a low polystyrene ceiling. Like drinking on a spaceship.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 10:06 - Dec 8 with 2350 viewsA40Bosh

So The OCA is the blueprint then?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 10:39 - Dec 8 with 2323 viewsDorse

Pictured above: Local children employed to re-comb the Clubhouse carpet at the end of the evening. Paid only in stale canapes, they are simply grateful to be out of the rain.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 10:46 - Dec 8 with 2317 viewsMytch_QPR

Never mind the sterile environment - there are nibbles as well - and a menu!
Frankly, I'm so disillusioned by football these days that I may just approach FFC and ask for an exclusive season ticket to 'The Clubhouse'. What really impresses me is that fact that there is no flat screen TV with Sky Sports showing anywhere in the place - it's almost as if the football is a secondary matter and that's laissez faire to the point of being extremely cool (like an ice bar).
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 10:48]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 10:49 - Dec 8 with 2313 viewsKonk

In terms of décor, we’ve certainly incorporated some of what’s best about the OCA: the sauna-style pine panelling, Tudor beams, and the floor tiles that look like they’ve been liberated from a Spanish Villa complex. With such a huge venue, we thought it was important to create partitions within the room, so we’ve ordered 2,000m of banister kit including handrails, posts and spindles.

[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 10:54]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 13:09 - Dec 8 with 2260 viewsR_from_afar

"...the first to open a bespoke gin bar". Hmm, not all firsts are worth shouting about:

- First club to be on the triads' hit list
- First club to have a dodgy statue of Michael Jackson.

However, it was with some relief that I read that there is now a "hub" for gin fans. When it comes to societal change, that's right up there with the abolition of slavery.

RFA (cider drinking wussy lightweight)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 13:15 - Dec 8 with 2254 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 13:49 - Dec 8 with 2219 viewsheadhoops

First player to try the bar?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 13:50 - Dec 8 with 2219 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This was all forseen by Electric Six years ago...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024