Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hollywood sex scandal 22:53 - Nov 11 with 4176 viewstraininvain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41955113

Does anyone else get the impression that some actors / actresses are jumping on the bandwagon at this stage?

I totally understand that some people have done very bad things but I do get the impression that some actors / actresses are using it as a PR opportunity.

I'm sure I'll take some stick...

Hollywood sex scandal on 23:09 - Nov 11 with 4147 viewsLblock

I can foresee a big revelation soon... "Star reveals she has NEVER, not once, not ever, felt threatened sexually by male counterpart - Hollywood in shock"

Do you have a spare tin hat for me?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hollywood sex scandal on 00:32 - Nov 12 with 4090 viewskensalriser

Basically...no. But if they are, so what? It seems a small price to pay.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hollywood sex scandal on 02:09 - Nov 12 with 4049 viewsBoston

Well, some actors / actresses appear to jump on anything...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hollywood sex scandal on 02:50 - Nov 12 with 4041 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think it's more indicative of the true extent of the problem, then it is of a few desperados seeking publicity. If Weinstein is allegedly prepared to have a pop at the likes of Jolie, then you can bet your bottom buck it's being tried on left, right and centre.

You're right to ask if some might be jumping on the bandwagon, and maybe some who had wriggle-jiggled for a casting, are now trying it on. However, this must not be used to dilute the investigation into the matter, to dig out the worst perpetrators and to help those that have experienced it,

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hollywood sex scandal on 03:04 - Nov 12 with 4037 viewsBoston

Spot on.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hollywood sex scandal on 08:30 - Nov 12 with 3938 viewstraininvain

Fair point. It's definitely more important to uncover the truth. But the Rebel Wilson story basically sounds like a guy tried it on with her and she rejected him. Doesn't seem newsworthy.

Hollywood sex scandal on 09:08 - Nov 12 with 3890 viewsQPR_Jim

I suppose it depends on whether the bloke in question was trying to use his position to force her into it or not. That's at the core of the issue, that the threat that rejecting these blokes will negatively affect their career, not necessarily the nature of the approach.

Hollywood sex scandal on 12:15 - Nov 12 with 3739 viewsjohncharles

A Welsh MP committed suicide a few days ago after being expelled from the party because of some allegations. Allegations that he was not allowed to see let alone deny.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2017 12:15]

Strong and stable my arse.

Hollywood sex scandal on 12:31 - Nov 12 with 3713 viewsBrightonhoop

Really odd one that. Odd that he wasn't even allowed to know the allegations against him. There may have been reasons to protect an accuser from abuse or intimidation but seems he was condemned without ever knowing what for. Kangaroo court and totally Kafkaesque.

It's a double edged sword but I guess people don't all report in the same style or manner for different reasons, but there's a risk noted by the OP that it's easy to cast doubt. It's how Saville got away with it, so surely it's better to listen and reserve judgement at least until aTrial is completed.

Hollywood sex scandal on 13:30 - Nov 12 with 3658 viewskensalriser

"A male star, in a position of power asked me to go into a room with him and then asked me repeatedly to stick my finger up his ass. All whilst his male 'friends' tried to film the incident on their iPhones and laughed. I repeatedly said no and eventually got out of the room".

Trying it on or sexually threatening behaviour?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hollywood sex scandal on 16:08 - Nov 12 with 3554 viewstimcocking

I'm surpised anybody is surprised...

Hollywood sex scandal on 07:09 - Nov 14 with 3261 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hasn't stopped many from jumping on the bandwagon against Ched Evans. If his appeal is successful, and who knows what the complainant deleted from her social media account, then it does bring us back to the thorny issue of how best to handle complaints for both parties and to ensure justice.

On the one hand, get it wrong, and you can ruin a person unfairly and on the other, it can make it more difficult for others to come forward in the future.

The Welsh MP incident looks very dodgy. Did he jump knowing what was coming or, was it a horrendous failure to adhere to the principles of natural justice?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hollywood sex scandal on 07:27 - Nov 14 with 3251 viewsdaveB

Some may be jumping on the bandwagon but no doubt this goes on and has done for decades, the whole movie industry is built around men with so much power they feel they can do what they like and when you are casting a role you have beautiful women coming in desperate for an opportunity of course they take advantage. I imagine the worst of this happened to actresses who never made it.

It seems the same in any job though from football to Tv to politics when people get major power they seem to use and abuse it to to try and get a shag
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024