Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement 12:58 - May 15 with 10126 viewspaesanu

Has told Joe Hart he's staying home for the World Cup.

Good. Part of the old guard that have made England unlikeable in previous tournaments. Experience means nothing going by past results.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 22:07 - May 15 with 2711 viewspaulparker

Yeah lookman has been brilliant , everton dropped a real clanger loaning him out we need to get him a full cap before Nigeria get him , he was very good in the under20 World Cup
Another boy who is class and also plays without fear , my fear with Southgate is he won’t pick players who are not in the premier league

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 22:31 - May 15 with 2683 viewsdaveB

He won't pick players who haven't played already for England. Lookman is doing really well in Germany but think it's too late for this tournament

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 09:05 - May 16 with 2564 viewspaulparker

I don't know about that , he played solanke, Abraham, Cook, Gomez, none of them had played previously for England , I think we need to look at these 2 boys in Germany , Sancho and Lookman were superb in the tournaments they played in last summer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 09:41 - May 16 with 2552 viewsqprd

rashford and sterling have all played wide for their club teams and can score goals. lingard is also an effective wide man. rashford and sterling are miles and miles ahead of players like trippier, Bertrand and rose (given that rose is a bit out of form, hes otherwise class)

you can play rashford and sterling as inverted wide men or standard wingers in a 4-2-3-1, or wide forwards in a 4-3-3 who cut inside to score goals... walker and rose can get up the pitch in a flat 4 to provide width.... eric dier can play in the reverse grant hall role where he slides back into a back 3 from deep midfield when rose and walker get high up the pitch. spurs have done this with all 3 of these players and have been very effective- they know how to play this way

the bottom line is, when you have an absolute monster in walker, who essentially played as an advanced fullback all season in the most prolific attacking side in the country, you don't move him out of position... to right sided centreback, which is a damn hard position that hes never played in to my knowledge.... to accommodate Kieran trippier and his five England caps

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 09:45 - May 16 with 2545 viewsqprd

its all about a mix, I agree

you want some fresh faces with new energy

hodgson did this with rashford in euro 16 and rashford was one of the best performers

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 09:51 - May 16 with 2538 viewssimmo

Lookman only just started playing to be fair, he hit the ground running by scoring on his first loan game but hasn't been starting until last month when he hit a purple patch. Everton actually didn't want to loan him but he forced it through - the mistake they made was consistently picking Walcott and Bolasie over him.

I like him but don't think he's done enough for this squad, you're right though that the likes of him, Sancho, Sessengnon look future England stars, but they're making their way through the age groups well enough, let's leave them to progress as they are and start to introduce them for the Euro qualifiers.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 09:56 - May 16 with 2525 viewsstevec

And reading this morning that he's going to leave out that fat arsé moron Wilshire too.

I'm really warming to Southgate.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 10:01 - May 16 with 2517 viewsMrSheen

I find it a bit sad that people are so gleeful at the end of an international player's career. Thanks for moments like these, Joe.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 10:15 - May 16 with 2480 viewsstevec

Hart has served England well, shame his form seems to have slipped in recent years. Do wonder that we might miss him if we reach the later stages where the pressure ramps up.

No apologies for Wilshire, think it was Roy Keane who said he's the most over rated midfielder in the country, spot on.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 10:18 - May 16 with 2474 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Bizarrely England are 7th favourites on Paddy Power at 16-1. Based upon what god only knows.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 10:22 - May 16 with 2459 viewspaulparker

me too I thought he was a yes man , but he has got rid of serial underachievers like Smalling, Wilshire, Rooney, Walcott, Hart, found a system that suits us instead of cramming everyone in to the team because they are a name
as for Wilshire His ability to jog in slow motion with his chest puffed out, turn in circles and fall over at the slightest hint of a tackle before grabbing the ball will be sorely missed

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 10:42 - May 16 with 2436 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Hart was great a few years ago but hasn't been up to that standard for a few years.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 12:36 - May 16 with 2388 viewsYorkRanger

Saw a tweet from Matt Dickinson of The Times saying Hart is blaming Moyes for costing him his world cup place. Delusional as ever, he has played for a poor team and regularly under-performed himself.

He has had his time...

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 13:50 - May 16 with 2325 viewsdaveB

That was in friendlies, I just don't think he'll take people to the World Cup who haven't been involved before although it sounds like that Trent Alexander has got in

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 13:56 - May 16 with 2304 viewsdaveB

The move isn't to accommodate Trippier anyway, he's moved to the middle for his pace, passing and reading of the game and he can basically bomb forward against 2 sides who are not going to try and cross the halfway line against us. Playing 3 out and out centre halves against Panama and Tunisia would be daft. I doubt he'll be centre half against the better sides who will attack us

Rashford and Sterling can play wide but are better through the middle, would be mad to move them out of position so we can play a right back. We did the whole 4-2-3-1 thing in France 2 years ago and ended up far too narrow and unable to score from open play.

Teams have to play to their strengths, England have good wing backs, good forwards and several decent number 10's so 3-4-2-1 with the ball and 4-4-1 without it seems a good way to get our best players on the pitch in a system that helps them.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 13:57 - May 16 with 2298 viewsdaveB

He hardly played at Euro 16, got about 5 mins in the Iceland game and 2nd half against Wales, complete waste of time taking him
[Post edited 16 May 2018 13:58]

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 10:47 - May 17 with 2207 viewsjonno

Like any bookmakers odds, they will be based mathematically on the market. There will be a lot of English punters backing England, therefore the odds on England will come down.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:44 - May 17 with 2148 viewsNortholt_Rs

Er....he’s taking crocked Jones and donkey Cahill....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:59 - May 17 with 2134 viewsNorthernr

We're not exactly blessed at centre back though are we? Not a fan of either of them either BTW, but we're not swimming in alternatives.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 18:00 - May 17 with 2100 viewssimmo

No it wasn't, he got tournament experience and spent time getting to know what it means to train and play in those kind of high pressure environments. Something that will stand him in good stead for this WC as he has some idea of what to expect.

He also made a positive impact when he played in the Euros, despite getting limited minutes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024