Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Out 15:15 - Jan 22 with 62 viewsspell_chekker

I've never heard of him but apparently we've sold Ryan McLaughlin.

Loan to St Mirren refused as there's been a cash bid from another (as yet unnamed) club

St Mirren frustrated over Ryan McLaughlin loan bid

McLaughlin was close to completing a loan move from Blackpool.

St Mirren manager Oran Kearney has revealed a bid for Blackpool full-back Ryan McLaughlin has been unsuccessful.

The Buddies boss thought he had agreed a six-month loan deal for the former Liverpool youngster.

All that was required was for the 24-year-old to drive north to Paisley and sign a contract.

But Kearney’s hopes were dashed when Blackpool received a cash bid from another unnamed club south of the border and the Northern Ireland international was ordered to return back to Bloomfield Road to talk terms with Saints’ rival suitors.

“That one has been and gone,” confirmed Kearney, who is still hoping to add up to four new faces after clearing out 13 of Alan Stubbs’ signings already this month.

“We had that sorted yesterday. Ryan was driving up last night, we had all the paperwork done.

“Then Blackpool received a bid for him. They called Ryan as he was approaching Glasgow and asked him to turn the car around.

“So he’s driven back down the road again and that one’s now history.

“It is frustrating but that’s football. Someone once told me you should never get carried away with a signing until the signature is on the paper. That one is probably the closest I’ve ever come before having it taken away.

“Ryan is gone now as far as I’m concerned so it’s on to the next one.

“We’ve still got a couple of deals pretty much done but where we are in the food chain means we’re in the hands of other clubs. The whole thing relies on certain business getting done higher up the chain and when it does, a chain reaction follows and players are allowed to move on……..

[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 15:17]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024