Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
still a bit intimidated ..... 08:09 - Apr 14 with 961 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

..... here you go.

https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=3258141

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

still a bit intimidated ..... on 08:17 - Apr 14 with 956 viewsjanegallagher

For those not wishing to visit the dark side 😎

‘Dealing with the game first - we were pretty abject today. No creativity, no composure, no rhythm and ultimately, no points.

I understand the thinking in setting up with one up front. We are a counter-attacking team and at our most dangerous when we spring out quickly. And it works well - away from home.

But at home, the opposition can't be relied upon to take the game to us and if they also sit back you get a war of attrition where, in the end, the side with the better players tends to come out on top. Today, that was Posh. They could really have won by more and would have deserved it if they had.

We looked frightened of the ball and the pitch today and it says it all that my MotM (Long) spent the first hour of the match on the bench. Him apart, only Bola and the 'keeper looked at it today.

The referee was poor, and easily conned, but as we are a team who seem pretty good at the Dark Arts ourselves, I would say today was a case of "the biter, bit". Posh just did what we would have done, and did it pretty well. They deserved far better than the pitiful numbers of people who showed up to support them.

The journey home was interesting : all the players of Dover Athletic were in first class on their way home from Barrow - now there is a trip and a half. In my carriage were three Groundspotters who had trekked up from TTL to go and watch Workington.

They are apparently about to leave their ground after 82 years to ground share with the Rugby League team - or are they? You can imagine the chagrin when the three Amigos got round to reading their match programmes and learned that the ground share looks "likely" and Easter Monday's game with Lancaster City "may" be their last game at the ground. The thought that they had spent eight hours on the train today on what looks like it could be a false premise was all a bit much for them. [smi]

Not a bad day though. Yes, we were crap. But at least I was able to be there to watch it, and at least we now know that it won't end up having cost us anything. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself of the bigger picture.’

We’ve got Simon Sadler

still a bit intimidated ..... on 08:18 - Apr 14 with 956 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Cheers. I'd add that I thought Feeney was OK in the first half. Also Nug Nugs miss looked a lot worse on the highlights.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

still a bit intimidated ..... on 08:19 - Apr 14 with 953 viewsjanegallagher

Wanted to take nug nugs off by his lug lugs - he’s so irritating to watch

We’ve got Simon Sadler

still a bit intimidated ..... on 08:58 - Apr 14 with 943 viewsLala

Cheers Robbie

I was impressed with Long too, though I generally am. I rate him.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 9:00]

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

still a bit intimidated ..... on 20:04 - Apr 14 with 920 viewsspell_chekker

Despite his limited game time, reports of Long have been very encouraging in that he's got an all round game and physical presence.

I'm going to find some pics of Workington's ground. They were a league club, as were Barrow.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

still a bit intimidated ..... on 20:17 - Apr 14 with 917 viewsspell_chekker

Did you know that Workington's application for re-election to the football league was rejected in 1977. They were replaced by Wimbledon.

Pics of Workington's ground -

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

still a bit intimidated ..... on 20:27 - Apr 14 with 914 viewsLala

Workington is the land that time forgot unfortunately. Needs lots of investment.

still a bit intimidated ..... on 20:36 - Apr 14 with 912 viewsspell_chekker

Didn't someone run amok there with a gun a few years ago?

still a bit intimidated ..... on 20:40 - Apr 14 with 910 viewsLala

Very close to there yes. A place called Boot or something like that. Think he had some beef with his brother or accountant or something. Derek Bird from memory? Taxi driver. Awful business as they say.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024