Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's Highbury semi-final - History 19:31 - Sep 26 with 1418 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50950

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 20:40 - Sep 26 with 1314 viewsPlanetHonneywood

There....nuff said!

Although Sudbury Hill station has never been the same since....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 22:50 - Sep 26 with 1198 viewsDWQPR

Remember the day so well. Was a few weeks before my 16th birthday, sunny day, wore a QPR ‘Lonsdale’ t-shirt. Stood on the Northbank half way up and to the left of the goal. Still remember so vividly Clive Allen’s knee and the Northbank erupted. The last 17 or so minutes were the slowest of my life. The sheer elation that on the final whistle QPR had finally reached the FA Cup Final!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 08:22 - Sep 27 with 1067 viewsElHoop

Was grand national day - was trying to hear the race on a pocket radio in the north bank and could hear fook all. I backed the winner - think it was Grittar that year - was a fantastic day. The Crown was absolute chaos afterwards - that's the night when Stan, Gillard and Currie served behind the bar for a while. Those are the nights that make it all worthwhile but we seldom even bother to aim for them any more.

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 13:36 - Sep 27 with 973 viewsthemodfather

all the talk was of regis and even i forget how well we played that day, we were a good team, playing well on plastic or grass and gave a very decent wba side a torrid time. i recall one break and regis finally got free attacking the clock end, hazell came from behind, made a tackle and came away with the ball...the belief really grew after moments like that. after the goal, wow the place went mad, and as we left we thought we were playing wolves, but spurs scored late.

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 15:07 - Sep 27 with 905 viewsBoston

I’m still wondering why the attendance was so low for that game.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 15:15 - Sep 27 with 898 viewsqueensparker

I was too young to go but will always remember my Dad, uncles and what seemed like five of their mates, all stuffed into some old 70s shitbox Marina, getting home and roaring down our street in 1981 while we were all playing outside, beeping and cheering and waving scarves out of the windows.

Properly good memory that (even if my mum wouldn't let me go to the final either)

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 15:47 - Sep 27 with 855 viewsMrSheen

Leicester I think, but I remember how to excited we were about that rumour.

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 17:51 - Sep 27 with 739 viewsNoDiddley

Spoke to Bob Hazell about the game awhile back, basically said if you ask any Rangers fan who was their MOTM that day most would say him. He was quietly chuffed about that & went on to say he put former team mate Andy King on his arse that day, Andy apparently nearly crying says to Bob “I thought we were mates?”
Bob replied “‘Not today we ain’t!”👏

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 18:06 - Sep 27 with 725 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I don't ever recall a surge like that when Clive Allen scored.
My mate Bob had backed us to win 1-0 and I remember him shouting 'no you cu**' when one of our players nearly scored a late second.

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 19:43 - Sep 27 with 675 viewsessextaxiboy

Standing next to my brother , Allen scores , we are instantly about 15 yards apart . Absolute pandemonium .....brilliant

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 21:37 - Sep 27 with 597 viewsCamberleyR

Yeah, it was Leicester, Spurs won 2-0 so no late equaliser. Spurs played Wolves in the semi the previous year.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 21:48 - Sep 27 with 580 viewsloftboy

I deliver regularly into the old Highbury stadium, first time I went there I made a point of standing where I thought Allen would have been when he scored.
Remember going there for the uefa cup game against Reykjavik and was able to sit right behind the dug outs and getting excited because Martin Allen was on the bench and going to make his debut, assumed he was also a goal scoring machine!!
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 21:48]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR's Highbury semi-final - History on 22:25 - Sep 27 with 552 viewsTacticalR

In the mayhem I didn't have a clue how we'd scored until I got home and found out that the ball had hit Allen's knee.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024